Love or hate Valentine's Day?

Reminds me of roses. I didn't get my girlfriend a rose for Valentine Day. Never have. Never will. Why get roses because everyone else is doing the same??? Roses cost money and it'll last only few months. I got my girlfriend a pink Bears t shirt. You know that if you buy a pink Chicago Bears shirt, some money goes to support breast cancer. No need for a rose just because it's traditional. Call it thinking outside the box.

The tradition I was talking about is our own courtship, not V-day's. And as to the cost, I agree. That's why I told him many times one is as pretty as a dozen.

I also sent him roses (usually just one) for V-day and other special occasions (including "thinking of you").

Flowers are a nice way of saying "I'm thinking of you". Or for cheering someone up...shows that you noticed they were feeling down. My husband send me a flower arrangement once because he noticed that I was feeling down (due to PMS). I thought that was very sweet of him.

I adore fresh flowers, even wild flowers....for any occasion or just for the heck of it....And if I'm upset or even angry at someone, and they give me flowers as sort of a "peace offering"...it melts my heart and the situation is forgotton.

I'm on the practical side also, (sort of)....but if my SO could afford diamonds and gold, then that's great too! Otherwise, flowers or candy or even going out to a nice restaurant would be wonderful. Every lady needs a break from the monopoly of their routine everyday(s)!..and being made to feel "special" and of course, loved and cherished. It keeps the romance flowing...so Valentine's Day is the way to show ur feelings and affections. And even tho' some men are not romantic and have problems showing their affections....flowers would do the trick!

He bought me practical things. At least I wanted some things he'd enjoy shopping for. Tools for MY toolbox, electric tools and a staple gun.

That kind of thing is my dream list as well! :)

Same for my husband. I'm not into jewelry, perfumes and other things women generally want for gifts. Though flowers are ok (but I would tell him 1 rose is as pretty as a dozen). He had courted me with roses so it was tradition for him to send me roses for V-day & our anniversary.
After a few years he stopped buying the jewelry, etc for birthday & Christmas and bought me practical things. At least I wanted some things he'd enjoy shopping for. Tools for MY toolbox, electric tools and a staple gun.

For Christmas the year before least, my husband bought me a soft air pistol, my own tool set, and a set with a small drill, saw, and umm... something else that I haven't used yet LOL

No fluffy stuffed animals. No cutesy stuff... the man got me weaponry and tools!!! Finally I have him trained lol

Never forget....one year my ex huby asked me what I wanted for V-day.....so I thought about it and said...some sheepskin seat covers for my Camaro.....he looked at me sort of....:shock:

Never forget....one year my ex huby asked me what I wanted for V-day.....so I thought about it and said...some sheepskin seat covers for my Camaro.....he looked at me sort of....:shock:

Most Camaros are supercharged. I don't know of any Camaros that are turbocharged.

Did you tell him it would make sitting in the car in the buff more comfortable? :shock: :giggle:

Before teenager, I loved Valentines day, My parents would shower me with gifts and love. Then when I was a teenager, I disliked Valentines day because I never get anything from a boy or boyfriend and having seeing my sisters getting flowers and gifts from boys or their boyfriends... so that made me kinda jelous and disliking Valentines day.

After High school, I could careless about Valentines day, and I would shower the love to my son like my parents did on Valentines Day.

But then last year, it all changed... Ricky took me out to dinner and proposed me! He even got me flowers which I never had before received from a man. So it was so speical to me.

This year, last night Ricky has given me beauitful flowers and card. He even took me out to dinner to Olive Garden so that was special. We came home and watched movies that we rented. So it was a nice night.

So from now on since last year, Valentines Day will always be special event for Ricky and I because it's the day that he has asked me to become his wife and we will always celebrate that.

I can't wait to get married on July 22nd!

For Christmas the year before least, my husband bought me a soft air pistol, my own tool set, and a set with a small drill, saw, and umm... something else that I haven't used yet LOL

No fluffy stuffed animals. No cutesy stuff... the man got me weaponry and tools!!! Finally I have him trained lol

.... *slowly backs away*

Eek. Lol.

The kind of gifts I would love to get...

A Hers toolbox that is pink
Lingerie
sexy matching bras and undies..I collect them
Interior designing magazines to get ideas for home renovations.
Sex

Flowers, candies and stuffed animals arent my idea of fun.

When I did not have someone special in my life I gated Valentine's Day. My first Valentine's Day with my partner was important to me! Since then, it is pretty much a non-event for me. I know every day that I am loved so it is more of a non-event. I went to the gym while my partner went to the grocery store alone. That was awesome! Then we did go out to eat when we met back up :)
I did get an awesome hand painted picture and a wonderful stone heart with a fossil in it - after we agreed we were not going to celebrate the day!

Back