Meet the Adult Baby: Man With Infantalism

I watched this the other day with captions. He doesn't actually have a job - he draws a disability check for a mental disorder but he is an 'accomplished handyman'. Apparently he's done handyman work under the table in his local area and is often recommended. Sounds like this guy is capable of functioning as a normal human being but flat refuses to. I think he needs to be taken to a mental facility, fully evaluated and put in a program that can properly teach him how to deal with life. His room mate needs to be seeing counselor and put on a medication regimen for her depression. These two should NOT be allowed to room together, EVER. Their living situation only exacerbates their poor mental state and further sends them spiraling downward. They don't need 'Taboo', they need 'Intervention'.

Thank God we live in a free country, though. :cool2:

I learn the most amazing things from CSI, and am convinced I must be living a sheltered life to never have known this stuff before. One of the strangest was the "furry convention," where people dressed up in costumes as furry animals for the sexual thrill of it. I did not know such a group existed before I was educated by CSI.

The writers on that show must have a blast figuring out newer and stranger social backgrounds for the victims and killers every week.

I know, same here... I learn alot from CSI.... I didn't know that thing existed until I watched that show, lol.

I admit, CSI do create lot of learning informations and makes the show really interesting and enjoyable to watch.

Believe it or not, he is not the only person who suffers from this particular problem. There have been a few case studies done. It is a combination of dependent personality disorder and several neuroses.

As much as his mental health is concerned, I am also concerned about the people in his life who allow this to continue. There are some very strange dynamics going on there.

You are soooo right about his strange behavior and the people in his life like that. He is just plain :crazy:. Why do we have to nurture men if they were not children any more? They need to learn how to grow up and live alone without women, even his biological mother. What was done and over from his past is to move on with his life. Don't look back. Yeah, he need to see the therapist about his trouble abandonment from his mother. :roll:

I guess this is part of the circle of life. We are born utterly helpless and need to be swaddled and suckled in our infancy, then again at the end of our days. I sort of feel sorry for these folk, though.

I understand that which is why I prefer to wait until I am non-fuctioning to start wearing diapers again. I feel that this man is wasting his time playing helpless while he is still young and youthful. To each to its own.

Gross. And he's definitely obese. My ex-fiance is diagnosed as obese, and this man is bigger than my ex-fiance!

Something is wrong with him psychologically, and the same goes for his roommate!

Back