Date ideas?

It's obvious that everyone have thier own tastes and styles for the first date. Its up to horsegal to figure it out what might work for her and have plan a,b,c ready in mind and play it by the ear. hopefully she will let us know how it went. :P

ummm - except if the guy turns out to be "cute, but dangerous" ... then you're alone with him without any public/witnesses etc.

I think it would be a great date - just once you know for sure he's "safe" etc ... like after a few months of really getting to know him.

Safe dating 101 - always make a first (and second) date in a public location - in case

This is true, a few months my be a bit long. but at lest a few weeks.( 4 or 5 min)
One thing I've learned the hard way is not to go out of town on the 1st date. other than the safety issue , there's the fact that you may be stuck with someone you don't get along with for 2 or 3 days.

This is true, a few months my be a bit long. but at lest a few weeks.( 4 or 5 min)
One thing I've learned the hard way is not to go out of town on the 1st date. other than the safety issue , there's the fact that you may be stuck with someone you don't get along with for 2 or 3 days.

Wow you went out on a first date out of town, she must have been a really good looking girl for you to take her out of town

Wow you went out on a first date out of town, she must have been a really good looking girl for you to take her out of town

witch time?
I go to a lot of cons.
I make really nice dresses, but I'm a guy so I take girls with me so that they can show off my dresses for me. Normaly I take a girl that I already know but some times I find one last minuet.

oddly the worst one was a girl that I already knew, but had never been out with for more than 3 or 4 hours at a time.

Thank you all so much for the responses!! I had definitely thought about rock climbing, but since I was already nervous about signing, I wanted to do something where communication would be less strained.. ;) we just ended up going out for supper last night. Turns out that we actually have a lot in common, and chatted for a good 4 hours! He was a perfect gentleman and very patient and made sure I understood everything, and only code switched for me when I REALLY wasn't getting it. Our waitress was really intimidated by us though, I wonder why people are so scared by other people who are signing... very interesting experience for me. He is a fantastic man and promised to take me ice skating. ;) So I guess I can say it was a success! Hooray!

Thank you all so much for the responses!! I had definitely thought about rock climbing, but since I was already nervous about signing, I wanted to do something where communication would be less strained.. ;) we just ended up going out for supper last night. Turns out that we actually have a lot in common, and chatted for a good 4 hours! He was a perfect gentleman and very patient and made sure I understood everything, and only code switched for me when I REALLY wasn't getting it. Our waitress was really intimidated by us though, I wonder why people are so scared by other people who are signing... very interesting experience for me. He is a fantastic man and promised to take me ice skating. ;) So I guess I can say it was a success! Hooray!

Glad that worked out. :)

I am so glad to hear that things are off to a promising start for you, I hope it works out. Thank you for sharing.:ty:

Make-your-own-pottery date was one of my coolest ever...I never dreamed it would be, but it was fun. And sensual. ;)

If you're both signing, make sure the wet clay doesn't splatter lol...

This is a great idea! I took a girl on a first date to the make your own pottery and she made a little frog. This was very memorable and we ended up being together for almost 2 years. We're still friends and she still has that frog.

Avoid the movie thing. Movies are great for dating someone you don't want to get to know. :shock:

AWESOME!! Like I said, food is best bet as it always work. doesnt matter if it first date or married date.:D Gals- us men are pretty simple- feed us, we can make you happy. :cool:
Now on the topic of waitress being intimidated, its something you need to mull over and see if you can ignore it or embrace it. It will be something you will run into allllllll the time. Granted, it won't be everytime, but remember to keep your cool about it. If you are sensitive enough to notice the waitress behavior towards you 2, then it's all about how you approach that situation next time that will make it a pleasant one.

Good luck on 2nd date! :D:naughty:

Back