New Postings in Politics Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

VacationGuy234

Reaction score
If the site is not going to allow discussion in the politics section, it needs to shut off so no new threads can be started. This is giving users the opportunity to post without fear of rebuttal.

It's not fair to others..

No... I moved that thread to that subforum so no new posts will be made.

Hope that clears up for you. :)

That still allows everyone to see the thread. Can't those threads be deleted?

Not necessary to do that... one of these days if Alex ever decides to reopen Political and Religion subforums in the future. For now, the new threads that is forbidden will be moved into locked subforum until Alex reopens it if he ever will.

Posts in other general threads will be deleted.

That still allows everyone to see the thread. Can't those threads be deleted?

Yeah, I understand the rules but like VG234 said, it's not fair to others that someone made a thread to express his/her opinion, thought or feeling politically and then the thread is moved to the locked subforum so we can't express ours while the member who started the thread already did. The thread should be deleted permanently.

SInce it is too much for moderators to handle with angry several members with senseless on the forum. Members frequently reported to moderators and complain way out of their leagues. That s why those major titles that are closed.

SInce it is too much for moderators to handle with angry several members with senseless on the forum. Members frequently reported to moderators and complain way out of their leagues. That s why those major titles that are closed.
Do you agree that any thread about politics should be deleted? I will tell you why. For example, a member starts a new thread where s/he speaks his/her mind politically against President Obama. A mod moves it to the locked subforum, "War and Political News". That means the original poster had the last words and we can't talk back. That turns some of us off. Delete the thread instead of moving it to the locked subforum, which makes more sense.

I think that is VG234's point.

P.S. Mods, please have Alex read this message. I think it's only fair to other members. Delete any new thread about politics, not saving it in the locked subforum.

I wish the forum could be opened up to all topics, and that threads could be locked as needed. Just a dream….

Sigh…. :(

I wish the forum could be opened up to all topics, and that threads could be locked as needed. Just a dream….

Sigh…. :(
Well, it's a freedom of speech but it can lead to...

Know what I am saying? I have read religion and politics threads not only in this site but other sites as well, wow, people just won't stop. That's why Alex has had enough of it.

Do you agree that any thread about politics should be deleted? I will tell you why. For example, a member starts a new thread where s/he speaks his/her mind politically against President Obama. A mod moves it to the locked subforum, "War and Political News". That means the original poster had the last words and we can't talk back. That turns some of us off. Delete the thread instead of moving it to the locked subforum, which makes more sense.

I think that is VG234's point.

P.S. Mods, please have Alex read this message. I think it's only fair to other members. Delete any new thread about politics, not saving it in the locked subforum.

I dont care i just wish that Members need to STOP reporting to MODERATORS about complaining how others members post. Like you said, freedom of speech oh yes, but report to moderators is not HELPING!

Reporting to MODERATORS only if emegency. debating/insulting/pissing others off are not moderators problem but why peopel keeps reporting to the moderators. comeon... we all can handle those kind of nasty talks like out of the real world. I often got warning when others disliek the way i talked or etc. Get real! moderators can get involved when if its emegency.

I dont care i just wish that Members need to STOP reporting to MODERATORS about complaining how others members post. Like you said, freedom of speech oh yes, but report to moderators is not HELPING!
No, it's not about reporting to a mod. VG234 started this thread because he noticed that any thread about politics is locked so it's not fair to other members who can't reply to it.

I give you another example. I make a new thread about Hilary Clinton who is a politician. In my original post, I say that she sucks. Then my thread gets locked somehow (mod saw it or someone reported to a mod. It doesn't really matter how it happens). Other members get pissed off because I have the last words and they can't have the last words since my thread is locked. Not fair to them. In other words, if we are not allowed to have political discussions, then why do the mods keep those locked threads open to public instead of deleting them?

Reporting to MODERATORS only if emegency. debating/insulting/pissing others off are not moderators problem but why peopel keeps reporting to the moderators. comeon... we all can handle those kind of nasty talks like out of the real world. I often got warning when others disliek the way i talked or etc. Get real! moderators can get involved when if its emegency.

like all you said but the bolded....for that....it need to be defined like if a fight between 2 member lasts 3 pages.....then Thats an emergency....not what it's said....it should be How long did an interaction two warring posters took over...then a ban on BOTH sides for 1 week everytime this mudslinging occurs. Simple as that, same as for 3 members fighting over 4 pages, 4 members over 5 pages....its long and hard.....but the idea is....
no matter who is right or what. it is the very fact they wasted the 3/4/5 pages of the servers' space on bullshit...and thus be equally punished on both side (or 3 sides) for the mess...but if the debate had no insults, just purely a grown up discussion (mods should be able to tell that) then it's left intact the 3 pages is not deleted....

Thats my view....

:cool2:

No, it's not about reporting to a mod. VG234 started this thread because he noticed that any thread about politics is locked so it's not fair to other members who can't reply to it.

I give you another example. I make a new thread about Hilary Clinton who is a politician. In my original post, I say that she sucks. Then my thread gets locked somehow (mod saw it or someone reported to a mod. It doesn't really matter how it happens). Other members get pissed off because I have the last words and they can't have the last words since my thread is locked. Not fair to them. In other words, if we are not allowed to have political discussions, then why do the mods keep those locked threads open to public instead of deleting them?

I understand what you are saying. Its done. locked the thread and put it in public for everyone to get in a pissy mood. :giggle: apparently alex did not think of that one. Vac has a good point. let alex see it.

like all you said but the bolded....for that....it need to be defined like if a fight between 2 member lasts 3 pages.....then Thats an emergency....not what it's said....it should be How long did an interaction two warring posters took over...then a ban on BOTH sides for 1 week everytime this mudslinging occurs. Simple as that, same as for 3 members fighting over 4 pages, 4 members over 5 pages....its long and hard.....but the idea is....
no matter who is right or what. it is the very fact they wasted the 3/4/5 pages of the servers' space on bullshit...and thus be equally punished on both side (or 3 sides) for the mess...but if the debate had no insults, just purely a grown up discussion (mods should be able to tell that) then it's left intact the 3 pages is not deleted....

Thats my view....

:cool2:

yeah i know.. people dont control themselve. :(

This has been posted many times before and many of you know why the religion and politics is shut down. It's not just about reporting to the moderators... members who will not debate like adults and let the threads get out of hand.

Both sections has been closed for around 2-3 years and there's no sign of reopening in sight. If you want Alex's attention, then I suggest you send him a PM directly.

Let's move on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back