Wisconsin lawmakers are missing in action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable. Democrats in Wisconsin are actually leaving the state to bring state business to a halt and you're complaining about Republicans not passing salt and pepper or whatever?

By the way, who locked who out of discussions for the stimulus bill? Who wrote the health care bill behind closed doors? It's hard to get someone to pass you salt and pepper when you keep them locked out of the room.

Wow... you obviously have no idea what the repulicans in the state have done. It isn't salt or pepper or whatever but what would you know right?

I have lived here over ten years and this is appauling. I think people who aren't outraged don't understand what's really going on. Even republicans are against much of Walker's agenda.

Twat Walker is an ignorant slu^, now go play your guitar if you can actually do that. Or do you just play the video game?

Let's see . . . the governor expects them to do the job for which they were elected and get paid. . . :hmm:

What a novel concept!

Do you actually know anything about Scott Walker? I have been in Wisconsin through Doyles entire reign and no Republicans were ever ready to do this and BTW Republicans are NOT overwhelmingly lining up to support Walker!!

Don't you know that?

He is too young to have the attitude he does. He is also too inexperienced. You would know that if you dealt with him the past 9 years as I have. I have met the man several times. TWAT

Wow... you obviously have no idea what the repulicans in the state have done. It isn't salt or pepper or whatever but what would you know right?

I have lived here over ten years and this is appauling. I think people who aren't outraged don't understand what's really going on. Even republicans are against much of Walker's agenda.

Twat Walker is an ignorant slu^, now go play your guitar if you can actually do that. Or do you just play the video game?

Do you actually know anything about Scott Walker? I have been in Wisconsin through Doyles entire reign and no Republicans were ever ready to do this and BTW Republicans are NOT overwhelmingly lining up to support Walker!!

Don't you know that?

He is too young to have the attitude he does. He is also too inexperienced. You would know that if you dealt with him the past 9 years as I have. I have met the man several times. TWAT

Good to hear from you. :)

Let's see . . . the governor expects them to do the job for which they were elected and get paid. . . :hmm:

What a novel concept!

Well, legislative walkout is part of minority rights, especially if they don't have filibuster option to block the bill.

It is just like republicans used filibuster too much during majority democrats in senate so it is just like walkout.

now go play your guitar if you can actually do that. Or do you just play the video game?

Seriously? You are not painting a pretty picture by doing this. Why stoop down to this?

Don't you know that?

Do you mean that Walker wasn't elected by a majority of Wisconsin voters? Then how did he become governor? Military coup?

Regardless of who is governor, don't Wisconsin citizens expect their congressmen to do their jobs? Or do they expect them to cut and run? Is that what they pay them for?

Well, legislative walkout is part of minority rights, especially if they don't have filibuster option to block the bill.

It is just like republicans used filibuster too much during majority democrats in senate so it is just like walkout.
Did Republicans flee DC instead of voting on the Obamacare bill?

Do the Wisconsin Democrats plan to stay away forever?

Is running away from governmental duties a legal option in the Wisconsin constitution?

Did Republicans flee DC instead of voting on the Obamacare bill?

Do the Wisconsin Democrats plan to stay away forever?

Is running away from governmental duties a legal option in the Wisconsin constitution?

No, republicans in senate have filibuster option to block the bill so they don't need walk out of DC. It won't be option if you have 60 democrats to break the filibuster.

I dunno, ask them.

I don't care about say legal or illegal to walkout in Wiscousin so it is their minority rights if filibuster isn't option to block the bill. I support democrat walkout in Wiscousin, including 2 republicans because I don't support anti-union bill.

For your question, it is better to ask Wiscousinites in here.

...I don't care about say legal or illegal to walkout in Wiscousin so it is their minority rights if filibuster isn't option to block the bill....
If it's illegal, how is it rights?

If Republicans did it, they'd be called obstructionist whiners.

If it's illegal, how is it rights?

If Republicans did it, they'd be called obstructionist whiners.

Ask Wiscousinites, I'm no expert in their state constitution.

I don't care if republicans walkout from state legislative so it is their minority rights, same goes with democrats. I will support republican walkout from state legislative to block on anti-gun bill in blue state too.

Ask Wiscousinites, I'm no expert in their state constitution.

I don't care if republicans walkout from state legislative so it is their minority rights, same goes with democrats. I will support republican walkout from state legislative to block on anti-gun bill in blue state too.
You keep saying it is their right to walk out. That's why I'm asking, where does it say they have the right to walk out on votes?

You keep saying it is their right to walk out. That's why I'm asking, where does it say they have the right to walk out on votes?

I'm speaking based on my opinion so I don't say about Wiscousin constitution because I don't live in this state.

Indiana governor said democrat walkout is part of minority rights too and he won't order state troopers to get them.

Huh? You're not making any sense.

Um... dude? Do you actually think that's going to make me feel bad? Like I'm going to think "Oh no! Some guy on the internet thinks I suck at guitar!!! I must be wrong about Wisconsin!!!"? I mean, what a profoundly dumb thing to say. For all you know, I could be Eddie Van Halen enjoying the anonymity the internet provides. Actually, I'm more likely to be Paul Gilbert, considering his hearing loss and all. Think about it.

Anyway, thanks for the amusement. If you want to be a little more coherent, I may have a real conversation with you.

Update: I asked my Wiscousinite friend about walkout is legal or illegal so he said it is not illegal but governor could order state troopers to get them to statehouse if they want.

Update: I asked my Wiscousinite friend about walkout is legal or illegal so he said it is not illegal but governor could order state troopers to get them to statehouse if they want.

:hmm: Contempt of Congress???? It is obstructing the work of Congress.

:hmm: Contempt of Congress???? It is obstructing the work of Congress.

No, I'm not talking about US Congress.

In Wisconsin, they are state legislative and their state constitution does not say about illegal to walkout BUT state governor can order state troopers to bring them back to state capitol if they want.

Same goes with Indiana but their governor chose not to order.

In Wisconsin, they are state legislative and their state constitution does not say about illegal to walkout BUT state governor can order state troopers to bring them back to state capitol if they want.

States have Contempt laws too......interfering with the work of congress....it just might fit.

Wisconsin have some of the worst school systems int he country. Why aren't the union protesting about that??? Oh wait, half of those teachers sent their own kids to private schools....

That happened, didn't it, and the police refused to cooperate? What's the update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back