Hey Jiro, still going to New Orleans?

I am lost and drunk in this thread.

Looks like the weather is not going to be good down there this weekend. I remember you posted somewhere that you were headed down there soon. Stay safe. :wave:

Hope others in the storm's path make out ok also.

according to locals - they lol'ed and said that this is nothing to them. and I agreed. good thing is that I'm used to it because I like to hike in that kind of weather but the humidity was just goddam!

I had a great time. will definitely come back again someday. :)

Hope he didn't end up with a voodoo doctor casting a spell on him! :shock:

after learning interesting history about voodoo stuff... it's a myth created by writer just to sell stories which was how zombie movie/story was born.

voodoo was frequently associated with Satanic ritual, animal/human sacrifice, drinking blood, speaking in strange tongue, scary/fiery dancing, etc.

and guess what? It's hypocritical of Catholics to condemn voodoo practice because Catholics are not really doing anything different from voodoo people.... such as drinking blood of Christ :)

I went to Marie Laveau's tomb. XXX

2nd weekend in a row for Jiro to get caught in a hurricane/tropical storm. Maybe next weekend will be the 3rd weekend in a row depending on Katia.
hot damn! looking forward to it! .......as long as my power is still on

Stay safe, Jiro and avoid any trees!
there aren't much trees in NOLA lol.

Jiro, glad your back safe & sound...but did you have to invite the rain to follow you up to the mid-atlantic/north east? :)

Anyone know a way to get him to go to the drought area of Texas? Maybe he could bring them some rain!

Jiro
In an earlier post I tried to get you to go through Texas and Oklahoma instead. They need the rain!!

Jiro, glad your back safe & sound...but did you have to invite the rain to follow you up to the mid-atlantic/north east? :)

Yes, Jiro invited Lee a ride and now, we are getting dumped with so much rain.

I dont think the ground here cant take any more rain.

I'm thinking Texas NEEDS a hurricane at this point. :shock:

Well, hurricane might be bit much but I'll gladly take a tropical depression. :)

Lee is hitting us now..he is bringing much more rain than Irene did so far...that is the rain you guys truly truly need and rain that we truly truly do NOT need. The rain can cause us serious problems with so much water in the ground from Irene.

It is like we all cant win, heh?

Wirelessly posted (droid)

We're burning. Please send rain.

I'm thinking Texas NEEDS a hurricane at this point. :shock:

over thousand homes destroyed by wildfire. YIKES!

Lee is hitting us now..he is bringing much more rain than Irene did so far...that is the rain you guys truly truly need and rain that we truly truly do NOT need. The rain can cause us serious problems with so much water in the ground from Irene.

It is like we all cant win, heh?

I heard the ground is very saturated in Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. I also heard the cold front in Ohio pushed all the heavy rain to Mid-Atlantic. You can have all the rain. :giggle: We're not gonna get more than 2 inches of rain. WHEW!

Last edited:
Down in the Outer Banks - beautiful blue sky, clear weather, great day to go to the beach.

Just so y'all know and all... :lol:

Back