vertigo ???

dotcomkari

Reaction score
I have had vertigo for awhile now off and on but for the past few months it has been x100! It is to the point it makes me very sick to my stomach and to the point where my whole world is spinning and I can not even barely sit up.

Today I have spent probably 1/2 of the day in bed due to vertigo. I threw up twice because I was so dizzy.

What works for you?? when you get bad spells of vertigo ??

My normal position is wedged into a corner of my sofa . I have a problem with vertigo when I am standing still.

It's better when I am walking.

But if it makes me really sick, concentrating on AD and ignoring it helps.

Wirelessly posted (Backberry)

I usually sleep. Mine are caused by migraines. But sleep is not an option when the migraine goes on for months on end with bouts of vertigo. Since I learned mine are triggered by migraines I've worked very hard to eliminate the migraines. I still get migraines but I treat them agressively before they can trigger vertigo. I didn't know that migraines could do this. I used to have migraines that continues for several months. The vertigo seemed unrelated because they did not always happen while I was experiencing pain. My dr explained that I was experiencing a painless migraine. That was news to me. I thought migraine=pain. I guess not always.

Cheetah, did you ever get checked for other problem? I had a cholesteatoma that was doing that. First migraines, no help, then vertigo, no help. Finally they did a scan and found the problem - 10 years later.
I do not think you have this, just wondering if maybe the drs were very thorough?

Vertigo is awful! I have had it off and on over the years since a car accident many years ago. I hope you have gone to the doctor and told him all of your symptoms and circumstances, they need to figure out what is causing your vertigo and then, hopefully, offer you some solid solutions to help deal with it. When I experience dizzy spells, I grab the Gravol or Bonamine, after about 15 minutes, things settle down quite a bit.

When I had vertigo I had stay and bed and try not to move my head ! If I did I felt like the whole room had turned up side down! I was vomiting from it. I had
vertigo two times , the first time it lasted 6 months and I am not sure what brought it on .The second time was after my car was T boned by teenager driver and I was knock out! Not moving my head and or bending over was the only thing that helped me.

Wirelessly posted (Backberry)

I usually sleep. Mine are caused by migraines. But sleep is not an option when the migraine goes on for months on end with bouts of vertigo. Since I learned mine are triggered by migraines I've worked very hard to eliminate the migraines. I still get migraines but I treat them agressively before they can trigger vertigo. I didn't know that migraines could do this. I used to have migraines that continues for several months. The vertigo seemed unrelated because they did not always happen while I was experiencing pain. My dr explained that I was experiencing a painless migraine. That was news to me. I thought migraine=pain. I guess not always.

Do you mean the painless migraines are where you are seeing flashing shapes? I had that when I was having a really bad time over several months.

I had vertigo. It was bad in the beginning but it began to peter out over time. I haven't had one that lasts longer than a split second in a long time. The doctor thinks it could be BPPV. Google BPPV.

Do you mean the painless migraines are where you are seeing flashing shapes? I had that when I was having a really bad time over several months.

I had vertigo. It was bad in the beginning but it began to peter out over time. I haven't had one that lasts longer than a split second in a long time. The doctor thinks it could be BPPV. Google BPPV.

My Dr ruled out BPPV and Meniere's. I had so many different test including cat scan... We started working on my Migraines. It took a while but once the migraines were under control. meaning I was down to 2 or 3 migraines a week the vertigo started to go away. I noticed when my migraines got really bad my hearing also decreased.

The easiest way to know if I am having a painless migraine is to look at my eyes. I am told that my left eye usually goes a bit off track and dilates a bit. So if I am having trouble seeing, I take some migraine medicine right away.

I am now on a new migraine preventive medication. Let's hope I can get down to less than one migraine a week. My goal is 10 days pain free.

I get really bad vertigo since I have Menieres, I usually have to sleep it off, I also have meds to help with the nausea and the dizziness. Hope it gets better for you, I feel your pain!

I had a vertigo that lasted two weeks. I was told by my dr that I had an ear infection that caused it. Every time I moved my head, I lost balance. It was not fucking funny when I drove. I didn't take any medicine so I guess mine was short-term. My sister-in-law still has it for a long time on and off so she's taking a medicine for it but she told me that it doesn't help.

I am curious, does vertigo interfere with your daily routines(such as shopping, hanging out with friends, etc)?

Rio, yes.. it does. I can not think straight, carry my youngest child.. cook dinner nor barely even stand when my vertigo gets really bad

I have Meniere's and the vertigo was awful! Taking a low dose of valium helped...sometimes. I couldn't drive. Many days I spent in bed, hanging onto the side. Being nauseated was a way of life.

I had a vestibular nerve section (VNS) last year and the vertigo has stopped, although my right side never did completely take over. I still get dizzy and off balance.

You should have it checked out as there are many, many reasons one could have vertigo.

I am having more tests ran on Monday... they believe I may have Meniere's along with the other issues I have with my ears.. so maybe that is what is causing all my dizzy spells lately?

Back