Audiologist offers CI "to prevent her falling into deaf society"

Not surprising from people with such audists views. This audiologist really breached professional ethics one too many times over.

That's pretty bad. That audiologist should be reprimanded.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

I found a HOH audi and he's great! Everyone should be so lucky. He understands and knows exactly what he's doing.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

I found a HOH audi and he's great! Everyone should be so lucky. He understands and knows exactly what he's doing.

My audi's dad has hearing loss. And she does know some ASL.

There are plenty of audiologists like that one out there.

I had an audi who whispered to me "I think oral only is the way to go." when she found out that I was brought up orally.

I shared stories about being brought up orally from other people who I have met in Huntsville as well as some from AD.

She simply shrugged. No idea if that opened her mind, even just a little.

some of the comments are really great...comparing not getting the implant to child abuse, and being a heroin addict. i am really surprised at the huge amount of controversy there is regarding it!

some of the comments are really great...comparing not getting the implant to child abuse, and being a heroin addict. i am really surprised at the huge amount of controversy there is regarding it!

I had started a thread about my concerns about the effects of all these miraclous stories about CIs having a negative effect on society's view on those of us who dont have CIs.

Gosh, some of the comments I just had to read on that website. It's astonishing how many hearing people think they are experts on these subjects.

Gosh, some of the comments I just had to read on that website. It's astonishing how many hearing people think they are experts on these subjects.

Enspecially when one person mentions how we're allowing ourselves to be disabled.... do people even think before they talk anymore??

Enspecially when one person mentions how we're allowing ourselves to be disabled.... do people even think before they talk anymore??

Apparently not. Some even went as far to suggest that we should be banned from having children.

I wanted to reply to that comment but must register so not worth it.

no i get accused of this all the time(by other wheelchair users) because I use *switches so I can maximum my arm function

its so annoying

*Connecting switches to your computer

Some of the software on HelpKidzLearn can be played just using the space bar or a few other keys on your computer's keyboard. This software can also be used with special switches, for children who are unable to use the keyboard. Switches for this kind of use come in all shapes and sizes.

To connect these switches to the computer you need a "switch interface". This is a little box with a cable that normally plugs into your computer's USB port. The switch interface has about 4 small round sockets. You plug your switches into these. Simple!

When you press a switch, the interface box makes the computer think that the space bar (or some other key) is being pressed. So if you run a storybook activity, where normally you would press the space bar to turn the pages, you can now use a switch to do the same. Interface boxes can be set to behave like different keyboard keys or even the mouse buttons.

Switches and switch interfaces are all available from Inclusive Technology.

HUH? I am not sure what that mean... Did you ask the person why they're allowing themselves to be a moron

HUH? I am not sure what that mean... Did you ask the person why they're allowing themselves to be a moron

I would but like Shel was saying, you have to register to comment so not worth it.

Some hearies will never understand what we go through.

We were never broken anyways, jeez, things happen!

I had a audi tell my folks I was playing games on the hearing tests, and told them and me I didn't need a hearing aid anymore (as if I was cured)..... If I ever go back to my home town, I would LOVE to have a chit chat with him.

I would but like Shel was saying, you have to register to comment so not worth it.

Some hearies will never understand what we go through.

We were never broken anyways, jeez, things happen!

I had a audi tell my folks I was playing games on the hearing tests, and told them and me I didn't need a hearing aid anymore (as if I was cured)..... If I ever go back to my home town, I would LOVE to have a chit chat with him.

Back in the 60's I was given a job at GE by a friend's brother in law for helping him during family emergency . I had to take a hearing test to see if I could work around the machines , the woman giving me the hearing test was getting upset with as I was not raising my hand when she made a beeping a sound! She said " you need to raise your hand and I told her I know how to take the test ,I had them before! She did not get it that was not able to anything ! She was really getting pissed off at me! Damn fool she was!

Apparently not. Some even went as far to suggest that we should be banned from having children.

WTF!! I would love to know who said that! One of daughter high school teacher told me he wish he had 15 students like my daughter, because she was so well behave during class.

Back