upgrade to Windows 8 next year?

taurizs

Reaction score
I wonder if you plan to upgrade or switch to new Windows 8 next year from your windows versions currently running today?

Windows operation still be boring. I still keep Mac. :)

We (at work) are getting Windows 8 next year for developement purpose, I'm sticking with Windows 7.

I bet it's cost $200-$300 and still downlaod a lot miss software that you need as PDF, ISO,anti-virus, etc.

OSX is better and affordable

Going to upgrade and give money to Steve Jobs's company instead of William Gates's company.

I saw Windows 8 preview in youtube. Basically it's trying to almost become like Linux running on Compiz. See what's happening. Linux and Apple been waaayy ahead of Doz.

Catty

I wonder if you plan to upgrade or switch to new Windows 8 next year from your windows versions currently running today?

I like a keyboard too much to even try that, of course it's not FLOSS so I wouldn't touch it anyway! :)

Microsoft is damnit!

I like Vista or old
Windows 7 is no longer "Start Menu Classic"
Windows 8 is no longer "Windows Classic" remove it
Windows 8 is no longer click "Start" then no "Menu" become like touch screen big icon

Microsoft HURT to Google Android!! Windows 8 support ARM!!! I like Android becuase Android is small program then SUPER Graphics than Microsoft is too much bytes and swap hard disk busy

I will decide I get Linux soon

It's possible. I'll have to see how solid it is. I have old tablet that still works great with XP.

Windows 8 is a tablet version. I doubt they will have it ready for deployment in 2012, but you never know. Microsoft is so far behind the curve with the tablets they risk getting left behind. They might push out Windows 8 early, but if they do, they risk making the same mistake they made with Vista. time will tell.

Microsoft is damnit!

I like Vista or old
Windows 7 is no longer "Start Menu Classic"
Windows 8 is no longer "Windows Classic" remove it
Windows 8 is no longer click "Start" then no "Menu" become like touch screen big icon
Microsoft HURT to Google Android!! Windows 8 support ARM!!! I like Android becuase Android is small program then SUPER Graphics than Microsoft is too much bytes and swap hard disk busy

I will decide I get Linux soon

There is an option to toggle that start if you remove the touch screen wall off in windows 8 so the start button remains there.

waste of times on money reason upgrade reason increase ram I don't ram increase, it is very issues on my system cause on increase cause space not enough impossible!!! that is why not reason I understand I personal window 7 good popular

IMO window 8 is very good up to your like interesting love fun enjoy :)

waste of times on money reason upgrade reason increase ram I don't ram increase, it is very issues on my system cause on increase cause space not enough impossible!!! that is why not reason I understand I personal window 7 good popular

IMO window 8 is very good up to your like interesting love fun enjoy :)

Actually, it's supposed to use less ram.

I have a techie friend who loves Apple and uses a MacBook and iPad. I was surprised in a recent conversation with him when he said that he was hearing good things about Windows 8 and could be tempted to jump ship. He also thought that the new Windows 7 phones were a decent attempt by Microsoft as it didn't attempt to imitate iPhones but tried to be different and stylish.

Back