Windows 9 free update

If that's true, I bet it'd be a heavily gimped version of Windows 9 and would require an online purchase to get the full experience. Sort of like DLC in today's games. Still, anything to get people to upgrade from XP and Vista would be a very good thing for them and Microsoft and the world at large.

Windows 9 will improve better than older OS. I hope so.

Sent from my HTC One using AllDeaf App mobile app

Chevy, I thought you are OSX user.

Yes. But I had used my Asus Eee PC netbook at my work which still have Windows XP. I tried to install update Windows 7 online but failed it. I will wait for new update Windows 9. I hope it s free.

Same here. My works still use Windows XP for JPro and Windows 7 for laptop with built-in Verizon for travel.

New updates and Microsoft Security Essentials is no longer available for Windows XP. :roll:

True but many companies are too cheap or are probably unable to afford to budget for new licenses for x number of computers to upgrade to Windows 7. Last position I had they had JUST started to upgrade to Windows 7 when I left in 2012. I'm guessing there's still a majority of XP machines there today still.

That's nothing new, they put that warning out there like a year ago.

I am trying to get my mother to understand that her XP netbook is still okay to use, she can get a third party virus scanner. It's not like she does anything high security on it anyway.

I am trying to get my mother to understand that her XP netbook is still okay to use, she can get a third party virus scanner. It's not like she does anything high security on it anyway.

My HP Pavilion Netbook worked okay when I got it, then went south. Now I'm using Windows 8.1 exclusively, as it's the only thing I have that's current, and isn't outdated, but I do have an old Gateway laptop I am still able to use, though.

I still have XP on both my older PC and my laptop (one is Pro the other Home), both are working just fine still. Still trying to clean up the desktop though (only a 40GB drive in there lol- 2002) then will have to do the laptop too.

I'm not picky on what my OS is- just as long as I can do what I want to do :D

have you guys noticed that there are many cheap laptop/desktops out there but it doesnt really have the power to be smooth. there is a reason why apple is expensive to get.

When I bought a dell laptop a couple weeks ago - I did NOT go to a store and get one. The retail versions have too many bells and whistles with weaker processing power. You get what you PAY for! I ordered online and got windows 8.1 and i7 cpu with student office and touch screen. The screen is crisp, laptop is sweet and fast and its a joy to use touch screen and keyboard the same time. perfect for son college use. I just cant wait till start button is back in win 9. with 8.1 you can start directly in classic gui but with win9 start button it will bring familiarity back for xp/vista/win7 users.

I am sure Windows 9 should better than Windows 8/8.1 bec of "start button" is missing that lots of people complains about, So I guess Windows 8/8.1 not do well on market show WEAK ! that why Microsoft listens to people to bring start menu back ! for Windows 9 coming.

Love to try out Windows 9 :type:

For me Windows 8/8.1 just other gimmick like Vista nail in coffin. :2c:

Sorry haters :tears:

Microsoft will unveil new Windows 9 on Tuesday, September 30. They said Windows 9 will include Start button. That good.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Am I weird that I skipped bad Windows OS like 95, ME, Vista, 8?

windows-bad-good-cycle.jpg

Back