Need to Interview People for a College Inquiry Project

AprilBullock

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

My name is April and I am currently a student at The College of New Jersey majoring in Deaf Education. As part of this teacher preparation program, I am required to take a course on the Social and Legal Foundations of Special Education. In place of having a final exam for this course, our professor has asked us to do a research-based Inquiry Project on a topic of our own choosing. I have decided to do mine on Deaf Education and the use of Cochlear Implants. Through this project we are required to interview three people that are knowledgeable about the topic; preferably a person with a disability, a family member, and a professional. If I were able to find a Deaf person with a Cochlear Implant, one without, and then a family member or a professional on the topic that would also be acceptable. I currently have no connection with the Deaf Community, so I am hoping that the members of this website would be willing and able to help me. I would like to conduct these interviews through email and I am currently in the process of developing questions. I do not have a set age of the people I would like to interview as I feel a range of experience would make my project interesting.

I am not sure how this works, or if my email is visible, but feel free to reply back to this post if your are interested and we can exchange emails. Thank you so much for your time.

Hey Everyone,

My name is April and I am currently a student at The College of New Jersey majoring in Deaf Education. As part of this teacher preparation program, I am required to take a course on the Social and Legal Foundations of Special Education. In place of having a final exam for this course, our professor has asked us to do a research-based Inquiry Project on a topic of our own choosing. I have decided to do mine on Deaf Education and the use of Cochlear Implants. Through this project we are required to interview three people that are knowledgeable about the topic; preferably a person with a disability, a family member, and a professional. If I were able to find a Deaf person with a Cochlear Implant, one without, and then a family member or a professional on the topic that would also be acceptable. I currently have no connection with the Deaf Community, so I am hoping that the members of this website would be willing and able to help me. I would like to conduct these interviews through email and I am currently in the process of developing questions. I do not have a set age of the people I would like to interview as I feel a range of experience would make my project interesting.

I am not sure how this works, or if my email is visible, but feel free to reply back to this post if your are interested and we can exchange emails. Thank you so much for your time.

Well, April, I am not sure exactly what kind of interview you need...but I am deaf, no implants of any sort. I am being fitted for some type of digital hearing aids in two weeks. I don't know what kind they are really. I had the molds of my ears taken yesterday. I wasn't born deaf. I started losing my hearing about 10 years ago...lost all but the residual hearing this past year.
What exactly is it you need?

I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I have had to redirect the focus of my research topic, so I will not be needing your assistance. Thank you so very much though for responding and I wish you the best of luck!

Wirelessly posted (dorothybaez)

Oy vey. Majoring in Deaf Education and you don't know anyone you can ask?

Back