Given the chance to choose between hearing and Deaf who would choose to remain Deaf?

Well, that's okay--I hadn't heard that Claudette name in eons and when I saw it, I thought of Claudette Colbert....:lol:

:lol:

Made me think of that song "Claudette" by the Everely Brothers in the 60's...:giggle:..."Whoat....Oh...Claudette"

wow It impacts me! I am old as to what i see someone points out that under age 40 with whatever or Claudette.

Autocorrect. I was just so angry at the snotty response that I didn't bother to correct to "dudette ". I also figured the poster must be a 10 year old hearing SAB fan too.

Seriously, I did not mean to piss you off so much, in all honesty though, please tell me (aside from calling you "dude") the part that angered you so much? I do not like pissing people off and am always open to new perspectives. I'm not trying to start something or be rude by any means. I obviously came off as an awful person and I apologize.

Cheers!

Seriously, I did not mean to piss you off so much, in all honesty though, please tell me (aside from calling you "dude") the part that angered you so much? I do not like pissing people off and am always open to new perspectives. I'm not trying to start something or be rude by any means. I obviously came off as an awful person and I apologize.

Cheers!

I been called a 'dude' a few times and did not get bended out of place by it . I really don't think you did anything 'that' wrong . It was an innocent mistake that happen on a forum all the time.

Writing a paper about the cochlear implant and I need statistics to prove that the majority of people would choose to remain Deaf. So if you're willing to help me by answering my question, I can create a statistic from the responses. Thanks.

Well, to get the thread back on track to the OP's question, I'd choose to hear, but I prefer to keep wearing hearing aids until I drop. I'm sure CI is wonderful for some people but I wouldn't want a hole in my head and yet more, unrecognizable, artificial sound. Good luck with your paper....

Laura

Why am I not surprised that original poster never came back to make comments to us?

I been called a 'dude' a few times and did not get bended out of place by it . I really don't think you did anything 'that' wrong . It was an innocent mistake that happen on a forum all the time.
I am sure that is not the only nor main reason why Botti was "bended out of place".

Yes the mis-identifying of gender happens a lot (I ought to know lol) and has happened to both male and female in my experience over the years.

I am sure that is not the only nor main reason why Botti was "bended out of place".

Yes the mis-identifying of gender happens a lot (I ought to know lol) and has happened to both male and female in my experience over the years.

I know what you mean, Deaf Ducky, I just wish there was a place on the area that gives your screen name, avatar, etc. for gender....m or f would be fine. I "speak" with several people here whose gender I don't know. It gets a little embarrassing if the subject is gender specific and you've used the wrong one.:Oops:

I know what you mean, Deaf Ducky, I just wish there was a place on the area that gives your screen name, avatar, etc. for gender....m or f would be fine. I "speak" with several people here whose gender I don't know. It gets a little embarrassing if the subject is gender specific and you've used the wrong one.:Oops:

Sort of like calling with VRS and the other person refers to me as Ma'am, she, her etc as my name is gender neutral.. always makes me laugh. same thing prob happens to females when the Interpreter is male

Sort of like calling with VRS and the other person refers to me as Ma'am, she, her etc as my name is gender neutral.. always makes me laugh. same thing prob happens to females when the Interpreter is male

OK, you answered one of my mysteries. I was wondering which gender you are. :lol:

OK, you answered one of my mysteries. I was wondering which gender you are. [emoji38]
Actually.I consider myself Agendered. But it's not something that I dwell on, or obsess over. As I appear male I am just used to male pronouns etc. But I fine being referred to with either or non binary gender terms too...

I think it would a lot more embarrassing if you went up a person and called them Mrs. or Mr. Jones and got the gender wrong or did this over the phone. I really don't see why people are getting so embarrassed in making
an innocent mistake . I would not use that function that said if I was a 'M' or
'F' ,

I think it would a lot more embarrassing if you went up a person and called them Mrs. or Mr. Jones and got the gender wrong or did this over the phone. I really don't see why people are getting so embarrassed in making
'F' ,

Really, why not? Just curious.

I kind of like to picture in my minds eye who I'm talking to as to whether it's a man or woman. Am I the only one? Most of them I do know from things they've said, or their screen name is feminine or masculine.

I kind of like to picture in my minds eye who I'm talking to as to whether it's a man or woman. Am I the only one? Most of them I do know from things they've said, or their screen name is feminine or masculine.

I tend to visualize members as being one gender or the other. I've been PMing with one member who I recently found out was not the gender I had visualized. :shock: Everything's good between us.

BTW, I'm a (checks in the mirror :giggle: ) female.

'F' ,

WDYS has already outed herself in this thread.

I do not feel that is necessary to have , this is not a dating site where you are asked what gender ., race etc you're. Why we should change a forum b/c a few people do not like being called a 'dude'??? I use to blog on a newspaper and people thought I was a ' dude' , I sometime would let people think this b/c I thought it was funny. My dad called me a lot worst names than 'dude' so this nothing to me.

I do not feel that is necessary to have , this is not a dating site where you are asked what gender ., race etc you're. Why we should change a forum b/c a few people do not like being called a 'dude'??? I use to blog on a newspaper and people thought I was a ' dude' , I sometime would let people think this b/c I thought it was funny. My dad called me a lot worst names than 'dude' so this nothing to me.

OK, dude :giggle:! No really that's ok if you wouldn't want to say, it could be optional. I know you aren't a "dude". All is well.

Back