Time Travel in Movies? (SPOILERS)

Time Traveller's Wife really is a treat. I was under the impression it would be some 'chick flick' but it's the complete opposite

Time Traveller's Wife is a nice one to see...ok granted it doesnt have whizz bang special effects or anything, but the concept follow as 'people who are time travellers' weird shit...
nice but sad movie , kind of give us a perspective that if you have life exactly how you want to 'be in a time' you'd be far more unhappy than thought...

It's too weird. Feel like they are pedo each other in way while real life, both are same age. Still weird to think if it's consider as cheat or not. That's hard and too complex to explain on both feel :dizzy:

I remember one episode that Fry made out with his (many great-great-great?) grandmother when he traveled back in 1950's or 1940's. I think it's creepy...

That's Futurama for ya. O,o

I remember one episode that Fry made out with his (many great-great-great?) grandmother when he traveled back in 1950's or 1940's. I think it's creepy...

That's Futurama for ya. O,o
It was this that caused him to become immune to the Brainspawn. ;)

It was actually his grandmother. (Remember, he was frozen for a thousand years. So, going back to see his grandmother wasn't over a thousand years, but a few decades for him.)

Thanks for the reminder!

I remember seeing that title somewhere years ago, but totally forgot about it... until you brought it up!

Now adding it to my queue. Gonna watch it this weekend. :)

Aww... there's no DVD listed!? Gee...

Yes, there is DVD.... at [ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-Girl-Leapt-Through-Time/dp/B001FXG1ZO/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_y"]Amazon[/ame]

It was this that caused him to become immune to the Brainspawn. ;)

It was actually his grandmother. (Remember, he was frozen for a thousand years. So, going back to see his grandmother wasn't over a thousand years, but a few decades for him.)

I like other one of Futurama show that called "The Late Philip J. Fry" that all three: Fry, Bender and Farnsworth went on time travel to future to end of the universe. Yet, they believe to wend on second and third Big Bang. Love that, I watch it for several time.

I like other one of Futurama show that called "The Late Philip J. Fry" that all three: Fry, Bender and Farnsworth went on time travel to future to end of the universe. Yet, they believe to wend on second and third Big Bang. Love that, I watch it for several time.
I remember that one. :)

That's also one of my favorites.

I like how he's like, "Almost there... almost... almost... WHOOPS!" then go through the whole thing again... Hehehe!

Time Traveller's Wife is a nice one to see...ok granted it doesnt have whizz bang special effects or anything, but the concept follow as 'people who are time travellers' weird shit...
nice but sad movie , kind of give us a perspective that if you have life exactly how you want to 'be in a time' you'd be far more unhappy than thought...
Time Traveller's Wife really is a treat. I was under the impression it would be some 'chick flick' but it's the complete opposite
Well, I finally watched The Time Traveler's Wife with my wife.

She calls it a chick flick. Yes, I thought it was a bit mushy at times... but I also thought they used an interesting approach to time travel.

According to this movie, if there's time travel... it's already happening and we can't do anything to change it.

It did get a bit confusing when we kept seeing older and younger versions all over the place.

do i detect some kind of deliberate intention to make the film a bit 'confusing' i mean like, it certainly got people talking about it...and it does intrigue people enough to go and get to watch it? but then again thats like 9 of 10 times changes 'confused' films are nearly always put off, but strangely in the case of TTW, it was used to its advantages, like ofc time traveling if according to be the SAME as depicted in thei film, it WOULD be confusing...!! so in a sense, its a silent triumph' in that 'cinematic aspect' the TTW is kind of realistic, about the 'what if' such a person IS indeed a freak of nature who travels in time....
i still like this film alot...i would watch it again just to see if it becomes clearer (and it probably won't), erm call me mushy, I really like the romance, its without sexualising shit we all often see too much, like TTW provides a deeper attachment, showing the longing to be together, - Thats relationship in cinematic's finest (IMO)...
G

In The Time Traveler's Wife, it was a bit confusing at first. As the movie progressed, it made more sense as I got used to figuring out what was going on.

He would appear at different times from different times. One day, you see his older self. One day, you see his younger self.

Found this on Reddit recently.

This describes my 3 theories perfectly:

bc8Du.jpg

the first example, with killing hilter but replacing him with an orphan?? where did that shit come into? sorry it doesnt make sense, could you explain/translate this example sorry im just abit lost here...
the other 2 is straightforward and clear...

I adore novels that deal with time travel! In fact such stories are my very favorite type of tales.

If you want to talk about what you would do if you could time travel, go to this thread... http://www.alldeaf.com/general-chat/107423-time-travel.html

I plead the fifth. I don't want to reveal my plans for world domination. Oh, whoops, did I say that? Never mi>

(VamPyroX posts somewhere, "Hey uhh, I'm trying to find a user on AD, but there's no trace of her, not even of her posts here. Her name was deaf, uhh, de... Wow, I can't remember now. Never mind, something weird going on today, huh?")

Twilight music plays again...

the first example, with killing hilter but replacing him with an orphan?? where did that shit come into? sorry it doesnt make sense, could you explain/translate this example sorry im just abit lost here...
the other 2 is straightforward and clear...
Okay... I'll try to explain differently.

How about this?

Let's suppose you were 5 years old when your mother got hit by a car and died because the ambulance didn't get her to the hospital in time due to a different car accident that occurred a few miles down the road.

Thirty years later, you develop the technology to time travel and decide to take advantage of it by going back to prevent your mother from getting hit by the car. Activating the machine in your garage sends you back 30 years in the same garage you're currently in, but it actually belongs to someone else who lived there 30 years ago.

You realize that you have 15 minutes to go save her and realize that you won't make it unless you drive. So, you decide to steal the car that's already sitting in the garage and take off looking for her. As you drive off, the previous owner walks out and sees you driving off. So, he calls the cops.

You're driving fast in a hurry to get to where your mother got hit by a car and realize that the cops are on your tail. Suddenly, you lose control of your car and run into a police car causing a huge 10-car pileup.

A few miles down the road, your mother crosses the street and gets hit by a car. Ten minutes after that, an ambulance shows up and picks her up. When they leave, they get stuck in traffic because of that 10-car pileup causing them to arrive to the hospital a little too late. The cause of the 10-car pileup was due to a car thief wrecking a stolen car. They are unable to figure out who the driver was.

Turns out that you caused your own mother's death.

Does that make sense?

At the bottom of the left column, you see...

AS SEEN IN:

THE TERMINATOR
HARRY POTTER 3
12 MONKEYS

Have you seen any of these movies?

Back