Buried of Cremated?

There is a cemetary not to far from where I live that cremate bodies. You should see smoke coming out of small short stack-smoke. Very scary.

Interesting reading what everyone has to say about this topic.

When my grandmother was ill, and she knew it was her final illness, she set aside one dress and the complete outfit for it - including her prettiest underwear, slip, hosiery, and shoes, and told my mom "This is for my funeral. Take care of it and make sure the funeral home gets it."

My mom agreed. During the next few months, every so often Grandma would ask "Is my dress still in the closet?" Mom assured her that it was. Finally, when she passed on, the complete outfit was given to the funeral home, and that's what they dressed her in. So we know she went to Eternity in her pretty slip and nicest Sunday-go-to-meetin' dress! It was nice that we knew what she wanted and we could respect it.

Most people in my family opted for traditional burial, but my mom very strongly preferred cremation. Her ashes were buried in the family plot alonside my grandmother, aunt, brother, and other relatives. My older brother also was cremated; some of his ashes were buried, but the rest of them were scattered in the ocean, which he dearly loved, and on a favorite beach. Kind of spooked me out a bit knowing that his remains were in several different places, but that's what he wanted. (He also had a long illness before he died, so he had time to think about it.)

For me, I want this: Eternal Reefs, A Cremation Memorial Option The remains go toward creating a reef that creates a home for sea-life. I like it; no space is taken up on earth, you can still have a plaque, and something productive comes out of what's left of you.

Beyond that, my husband and I will endow certain memorials, a scholarship fund, and a park bench at our favorite beach, so that will be our lasting tribute.

Interesting reading what everyone has to say about this topic.

When my grandmother was ill, and she knew it was her final illness, she set aside one dress and the complete outfit for it - including her prettiest underwear, slip, hosiery, and shoes, and told my mom "This is for my funeral. Take care of it and make sure the funeral home gets it."

My mom agreed. During the next few months, every so often Grandma would ask "Is my dress still in the closet?" Mom assured her that it was. Finally, when she passed on, the complete outfit was given to the funeral home, and that's what they dressed her in. So we know she went to Eternity in her pretty slip and nicest Sunday-go-to-meetin' dress! It was nice that we knew what she wanted and we could respect it.

Most people in my family opted for traditional burial, but my mom very strongly preferred cremation. Her ashes were buried in the family plot alonside my grandmother, aunt, brother, and other relatives. My older brother also was cremated; some of his ashes were buried, but the rest of them were scattered in the ocean, which he dearly loved, and on a favorite beach. Kind of spooked me out a bit knowing that his remains were in several different places, but that's what he wanted. (He also had a long illness before he died, so he had time to think about it.)

For me, I want this: Eternal Reefs, A Cremation Memorial Option The remains go toward creating a reef that creates a home for sea-life. I like it; no space is taken up on earth, you can still have a plaque, and something productive comes out of what's left of you.

Beyond that, my husband and I will endow certain memorials, a scholarship fund, and a park bench at our favorite beach, so that will be our lasting tribute.

I felt bad that my mom could not be buried in her red dress, my daughter when out a brought her a red dress.

At least the dress was with her. You did what you could.

Interesting how much things matter to us, don't they.

When my step-dad died, he was dressed in a suit. His sons and grandchildren all wrote little messages, and the oldest granddaughter also put in a picture of herself. All those things were put into the pockets of the suit he was dressed in. That seemed very comforting.

There is a cemetary not to far from where I live that cremate bodies. You should see smoke coming out of small short stack-smoke. Very scary.

We had a place did cremated , but the cops investigated it after getting complains and it was horrible ! People loves one being dumped out back and they getting ashes of the wrong person or just plan ashes!
The place was another town , not the city I live in.

I want to be buried with a beautiful headstone, and hopefully a beautiful statue to match. Dark marble- white/light doesn't hold up well over time.

I want to be buried with a beautiful headstone, and hopefully a beautiful statue to match. Dark marble- white/light doesn't hold up well over time.

I think being buried is a wasted of good land.
Why do care how having a beautiful statue you will never see it! I do not want my family to spend
a lot of money on me when I dead.

I told my family to cremate me and spread my ashes in the ocean in LI, NY, where I grew up. Which is OK by my family.

We had a place did cremated , but the cops investigated it after getting complains and it was horrible ! People loves one being dumped out back and they getting ashes of the wrong person or just plan ashes!
The place was another town , not the city I live in.

I remember that story, Georgia, right?

Cremate me! Spread my ashes in the Gulf. I do not want my family's last image of me be laying in a casket dead..To me that is traumatizing. Plus funeral, casket, and burial plots are more expensive. I want them to celebrate life with lots of food and the wonderful memories they had of me.

Cremate me, too! However, I want a funeral service. I want the urn interred next to my parents. I'm down with you on the whole last image thing, though. I'm going to request that there be a memorial service; rather than a viewing before burial. It just has always seemed creepy to me to see the body laid out in the casket. THAT IS NOT FOR ME!

btw watching "Vision" about a nun...interesting film...not bad at all, you have to be fairly aware of the middle ages history and religion to appreciate this film, for that its wonderful as all too many films with middle ages themes is about war and corruption which is bullshit and shallow it doesnt even give an idea whats it was LIKE to LIVE at that time....

I think being buried is a wasted of good land.
Why do care how having a beautiful statue you will never see it! I do not want my family to spend
a lot of money on me when I dead.

My family has a large plot that was purchased over 100 years ago. A cemetery holds historical significance which I place in high value. It's a place where descendants can come from generations to come and see the final resting place of their ancestors. Just my personal feeling on the matter.

I have nothing against cremation, it's just not for me.

My family has a large plot that was purchased over 100 years ago. A cemetery holds historical significance which I place in high value. It's a place where descendants can come from generations to come and see the final resting place of their ancestors. Just my personal feeling on the matter.

I have nothing against cremation, it's just not for me.

It sound like your family lived in the same place for years and have close ties and is bigger than mine. My dad family was not close and I have cousins that I never meet . There will be no descendants in either side of my family looking for my headstone as they have no idea I was even born! My 2 sisters and I heard that our ex brother was dead and we could had care less! And he would feel the same about us.

I had always wanted to be cremated. My father was cremated and scatter in the ocean. Mom wants to be cremated and scattered in the ocean as well. Hubby does not believe in cremation and has asked that we be buried together, side by side. So, we have already bought the plots, but they are in Missouri and we have to transfer them down here. FIL was buried and MIl will be as well. He is in the VA cemetery and they also have other plots that they had previously paid for. Not sure what she gonna do with those.

I personally don't care what happens to me after my death. The body would just be a shell. However, My family does have a burial plot and I most likely would be buried there.

Why am I not surprised at your choice? :)

Back