Do you support a cure for deafness?

Do you support a cure for deafness?

• Total voters

kokonut

Reaction score
Do you support research for the cure of deafness (all kinds)?

Yes, no, maybe? Not sure? Make yourself explicitly clear here and none of the wishy washy comments.

I voted "Yes" just to make it clear and as a matter of record here in this specific thread and not an ambiguous answer regarding this poll. You haven't and I'm not about to wade through one link I haven't even been to. I'll just assume where you stand. Thank you.

I voted "Yes" just to make it clear and as a matter of record here in this specific thread and not an ambiguous answer regarding this poll. You haven't and I'm not about to wade through one link I haven't even been to. I'll just assume where you stand. Thank you.

ah so according to your post in other thread where you gave me 2 links - you expected to wade me thru it in order to answer my question for you?

Double Standard, yes? :hmm:

p.s. You do not need to wade thru the links I gave you. You can easily filter it out to display only the posts I made. The first few posts of mine - you will see a crystal clear answer to your question that you have asked me the SAME question probably 3x already or more.

ah so according to your post in other thread where you gave me 2 links - you expected to wade me thru it in order to answer my question for you?

Double Standard, yes? :hmm:

p.s. You do not need to wade thru the links I gave you. You can easily filter it out to display only the posts I made. The first few posts of mine - you will see a crystal clear answer to your question that you have asked me the SAME question probably 3x already or more.

A simple answer, please. Something like what Shel said, "Hell, no!" Not gonna wade around here. This thread was specifically made to elicit a simple answer instead of beating around the bush. I made mine known. Others have so far.

I do support cure for deafness and that clearly means CURE, not just treating but literally cure deafness without problems.

Deaf people who don't support the cure are just being Deafy and that's all. Deafness is something that needs to be cured. You're born with ears and you're SUPPOSED to hear.

If you are cured of deafness, you wouldn't give a damn about Deaf Culture or ASL - it is useless and that scares Deaf people.

A simple answer, please. Something like what Shel said, "Hell, no!" Not gonna wade around here. This thread was specifically made to elicit a simple answer instead of beating around the bush. I made mine known. Others have so far.

again - see back the links I have given to you. You will find my crystal clear answer to this question.

Answer:

I don't give a damn, as long they leave me be. I already got enough teachers (and associated types) bitching at me to get a CI. Thanks god the average Joe and Jane in the mainstream doesn't care about what I have.

Aka... I don't care what other do, as long they respect my decision.

I do support cure for deafness and that clearly means CURE, not just treating but literally cure deafness without problems.

Deaf people who don't support the cure are just being Deafy and that's all. Deafness is something that needs to be cured. You're born with ears and you're SUPPOSED to hear.

If you are cured of deafness, you wouldn't give a damn about Deaf Culture or ASL - it is useless and that scares Deaf people.

Being Deafy? What kind of remark is that?

You see deafness from a pathological view which is fine. Nobody is gonna criticize you for it but there are people who dont see it from that view so by insulting those who have a different view just furthers divides the community. Where's the respect? :roll:

again - see back the links I have given to you. You will find my crystal clear answer to this question.

No. Sorry. Answer it here so many others can see the answer rather than wade around and guess.

I've followed your posts all over the site, and I can conclude that you, sir, are a homo.

There are a LOT of hearing people who does actually give a damn about Deaf Culture. There are a LOT of hearing people who are visual learners and they would benefit from ASL. Not just the deaf (or Deaf for that matter)

That's the idea behind the word "cure" here.

Do you support research for the cure of deafness (all kinds)?

Yes, no, maybe? Not sure? Make yourself explicitly clear here and none of the wishy washy comments.

Yes I do. Now to be clear I don't support government funded research. But if private companies want to use their dollars or donated dollars to research this have at it.

Whether or not I personally would choose to use the cure is irrelevant. It would be great to have a cure for those who wished to use it. I feel it would be tremendously selfish of me to deny someone the abilityto hear just because I don't want a cure for myself.

No. Sorry. Answer it here so many others can see the answer rather than wade around and guess.

I'm sure they know my stance on this issue but you don't? especially after I answered your question a few times?

Back