Red Lobster Endless Shrimp 2012

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
Red Lobster has been doing endless shrimp once a year for a month or two during the months of August to October.

This year, it started recently... $15 (higher in some places).

There are shrimps that they always have year round... which is part of the endless shrimp special as well. These are popcorn shrimp, garlic shrimp scampi, fried shrimp, coconut shrimp, and shrimp linguini alfredo.

But... they also add 2 specials, which changes every year as part of their endless shrimp special. These are teriyaki grilled shrimp and parmesan shrimp.

Your first place will be with your first two choices. They will then serve you with single serving of whatever choices you make later on.

Any of you get it yet? :)

I eat only locally caught shrimp.

The shrimps are farm raise have antibiotics in them so it is not good to eat too many of them. I know Red Lobster does not use wild shrimps as they cost too much money.

i don't like red lobster's shrimps because of too much butter. ewwww.

I don't blame you. I am dying for shrimps but the wild one cost $13 or more a lb. I used to buy the farm raise one and the last time I got some they smelled so bad when I opened the bag , I almost vomit! I return them . I had never been to Red Lobster.

I don't blame you. I am dying for shrimps but the wild one cost $13 or more a lb. I used to buy the farm raise one and the last time I got some they smelled so bad when I opened the bag , I almost vomit! I return them . I had never been to Red Lobster.

She didn't say or refer to farm-raised.......Can you provide citations that so and so restaurant(s) purchase/use farm raised shrimp?

Any particular reason for this?
They are wild, not farm raised, better tasting, and I like to support my local shrimpers.

Most restaurants in my area make it known that they serve only locally caught wild shrimp.

She didn't say or refer to farm-raised.......

Yes she did! "
She eat only local caught shrimps, . Farm raise shrimps are not caught they come from a farm. You not need to got out in a boat to get them.

Yes she did! "
She eat only local caught shrimps, . Farm raise shrimps are not caught they come from a farm. You not need to got out in a boat to get them.

She said and meant locally caught wild shrimp vs wild caught away from her area.

She didn't say or refer to farm-raised.......Can you provide citations that so and so restaurant(s) purchase/use farm raised shrimp?
"According to Rich Jeffers, a spokesman for Red Lobster, the casual-dining seafood chain gets very little of its shrimp from the gulf—or any ocean for that matter. Instead, it grows "farm-raised" shrimp in ponds throughout South America and Asia (Jeffers mentioned Thailand specifically), and at any given moment, the company has enough shrimp to meet the demand of all 700-plus of its locations worldwide for at least six months."
Red Lobster Faring Just Fine in the Post-Spill World - Newsweek and The Daily Beast

This is an example of how our restaurants let consumers know what kind of shrimp they serve:

"Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Imported Shrimp

Gilligan's is committed to supporting Local Shrimpers by serving 100% DOMESTIC WILD-CAUGHT SHRIMP in all of our locations. One of our primary goals is to serve our customers the best tasting and freshest shrimp possible. We will not serve imported shrimp.

We hope that you will sit back and enjoy, in our opinion, the best shrimp around. LOCAL SHRIMP."
Gilligan's Charleston Local Seafood Restaurant Fresh Domestic Shrimp Oysters SC Pawleys Island

At Seabrook, Tx. the boats bring in fresh caught shrimp from the Gulf.
This is 40 -45 minutes from downtown Houston and close to NASA. Latest cost is
25\30 count $3.97 per pound and these same shrimp at the food store in Houston would run close to $5 per pound.

At Seabrook, Tx. the boats bring in fresh caught shrimp from the Gulf.
This is 40 -45 minutes from downtown Houston and close to NASA. Latest cost is
25\30 count $3.97 per pound and these same shrimp at the food store in Houston would run close to $5 per pound.
Buying wholesale or at the docks is the best price. I'm lazy though, and I like the way the restaurants prepare the shrimp (peeled, and with heads off). :giggle:

Oh why did I click on this link?I'm so hungry at the moment, but Mmmm Red Lobster would be so nice right now. I love their lobster pizza appetizer mmm.

Same here if I could.

Sometime, my family want to eat at Red Lobster so I have no choice, however at least, I don't pay meal with my own money.

There are some local seafood restaurants that got wild shrimp from Gulf of Mexico.

Buying wholesale or at the docks is the best price. I'm lazy though, and I like the way the restaurants prepare the shrimp (peeled, and with heads off). :giggle:

Oh wow, I'm good with peel the shrimp off and I did peeled all 2 lbs shrimp off so it is a lot of work. :lol:

Back