Boycott Beijing 2008

Banjo

Expelled
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm calling for a boycott of the 2008 Olympics taking place in Beijing, China. The IOC (International Olympic Committee) should had rejected China's bid to start with due to their poor record of human rights.

China in no way deserve the opportunity to host the Olympics. Period. Not when they are still violating the human rights of many. Ever since the 'Great Leap Forward' where tens of millions were killed. The country of China has done so little to take care of their people. There's no such thing as democracy.

People can't even blog about the problems they have with the Chinese government or they'll get ratted out by Yahoo! or Microsoft resulting in a good beating by the government agents.

Why should we support the Olympics? What's even worse is that many corporations in Canada and the USA outsource job opporunities to China and set up factories there due to the cheap labour costs. So, we end up with tons of products that were made in China. Many of these people are literally living in the factories, they work, eat, sleep and live there for a long period of time without going home at all.

I was aware of the problems with China for a long time and that we often do business in China. But why are we even dealing in business with them to start with?

Screw China and IOC. I'm not going to tune in to the Olympics. Here's to hoping NBC and CBC get the lowest ratings EVER in 2008 during the broadcasting of the Olympics.

It's disgusting.

Well, I'm not sure about it. China's government are Communist.

Like in Berlin, Germany, 1936. At that time, Germany's government were Nazi. They had the summer olympics. It goes pretty smooth with no problem but angry. lol...Hitler got mad at the American black guys for winning gold medals. lol

Well, we all know that China has been known for harsh environment and conditions and is nothing news. Their government is strict control and does not care about human nor animal welfare at all. Sadly they get very little freedom there.

I will sure feel happy when this so-called republic is gone !
I hope Chinese people will have the right republic and democracy someday .

Well, I'm not sure about it. China's government are Communist.

Like in Berlin, Germany, 1936. At that time, Germany's government were Nazi. They had the summer olympics. It goes pretty smooth with no problem but angry. lol...Hitler got mad at the American black guys for winning gold medals. lol

Dude, pls research wikipedia.org more, ha... It ws Jesse Owens

Back