Marty Natural Flea Collar had An Toxic Oil in It!

whatdidyousay!

Reaction score
Animals and Safe Aromatherapy

I got Marty a natural flea collar and had to return it as I got a headaches from it! The collar had pennyroyal oil and I found out on line this oil is toxic to dogs.
I am trying to made some natural bugs repelling for Marty and I tying to find
essential oils that are safe to uses on small dogs. I was surprised the store I brought the collar from is selling this collars as it is a natural food store that take prides in selling only healthy and safe foods and items for people and pets.
It is not a chain store .

Did the pull the collars of the shelf when you told them pennyroyal is toxic to dogs?

I'm afraid to ask: where was it made?

I do not have the box anymore and yeah I bet you're right! I did not think to check that out. I did not know Marty has fleas when I got him. And it been so warm for this time of year that ticks are still horrible!

Natural ( =! does not equal) Safe

Arsenic is a natural occurring substance, so are Calciseptine · Taicatoxin · Calcicludine which are venom produced by vertebrates...

Please be careful what you apply to yourself or animals.

Did the pull the collars of the shelf when you told them pennyroyal is toxic to dogs?

I called the store and have no idea what they did, I hope the collars where pulled but I doubt it. I meet the owner that the park once and she is very nice and she did not mind me returning the collar. I started to get a headache with half a hour , so it was have been awful for Marty as he was wearing it! He did not like it and when and hid under my desk that is one of his little 'dens' .

Back