Mattress (Bed) Type VS Vibrating Alarm Clock?

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
Here are a few questions...

What size mattresses have you used (twin, full, queen, king, etc)?

What type (and brand name) of mattresses have you used (futon, pillowtop, regular, Tempur-Pedic, Sleep Number, etc)?

What vibrating alarm clock have you used?

When used altogether, what was your experience with them?

Did one mattress work better than another when used with alarm clocks?

Did one alarm clock work better when used with mattresses?

I've used 3 different alarm clocks with 3 different sizes and 4 different types of mattresses.

Alarm A is Sonic Alert (that my wife has and we currently use) as shown on top.

Alarm B is Sonic Alert (that I have, but is currently stored away... awaiting replacement vibrator) as shown in middle.

Alarm C is Sonic Alert Travel (that my wife has and we use when we travel) as shown on bottom.

I've used Alarm A with full size (regular) and queen size (regular and pillowtop) mattresses. The alarm wakes me up, but not as quick as Alarm B.

I've used Alarm B with twin size (dorm and regular), full size (futon and regular), and queen size (regular and pillowtop) mattresses. This alarm wakes me up the quickest. It's stronger than every other vibrating alarm clocks that I've used. One CON about using this with a futon mattress is that there is no place to put the vibrator between the mattress and the frame (as there's nothing to hold the vibrator in place). So, I have to put it under a pillow. It works, but I just have to hope that it doesn't slip out during my sleep.

I've used Alarm C with queen size (regular) and king size (unknown type, similar to Sleep Number). This works pretty well, but I've always placed it in my pillow and never under the mattress. I've never taken the time to try it under the mattress, but I don't think it would work that well as the vibration isn't as strong as the vibrator used by Alarm A and Alarm B.

I am wondering if anyone has ever used regular vibrating alarm clocks (like Alarm A or Alarm B) with Sleep Number, Tempur-Pedic, or any memory foam (or extra firm) mattresses. Did those work well?

My wife and I are considering a new mattress and wanted to explore our options. Wouldn't want to get a new mattress that we won't feel the vibration with.

Attachments

• alarm_clocks.jpg
    alarm_clocks.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 10
I've used 3 different alarm clocks with 3 different sizes and 4 different types of mattresses.

Alarm A is Sonic Alert (that my wife has and we currently use) as shown on top.

Alarm B is Sonic Alert (that I have, but is currently stored away... awaiting replacement vibrator) as shown in middle.

Alarm C is Sonic Alert Travel (that my wife has and we use when we travel) as shown on bottom.

I've used Alarm A with full size (regular) and queen size (regular and pillowtop) mattresses. The alarm wakes me up, but not as quick as Alarm B.

I've used Alarm B with twin size (dorm and regular), full size (futon and regular), and queen size (regular and pillowtop) mattresses. This alarm wakes me up the quickest. It's stronger than every other vibrating alarm clocks that I've used. One CON about using this with a futon mattress is that there is no place to put the vibrator between the mattress and the frame (as there's nothing to hold the vibrator in place). So, I have to put it under a pillow. It works, but I just have to hope that it doesn't slip out during my sleep.

I've used Alarm C with queen size (regular) and king size (unknown type, similar to Sleep Number). This works pretty well, but I've always placed it in my pillow and never under the mattress. I've never taken the time to try it under the mattress, but I don't think it would work that well as the vibration isn't as strong as the vibrator used by Alarm A and Alarm B.

I am wondering if anyone has ever used regular vibrating alarm clocks (like Alarm A or Alarm B) with Sleep Number, Tempur-Pedic, or any memory foam (or extra firm) mattresses. Did those work well?

My wife and I are considering a new mattress and wanted to explore our options. Wouldn't want to get a new mattress that we won't feel the vibration with.

I've only used one mattress and although the alarm itself has changed the bed shaker has not so I can't really compare... but why not bring it to the mattress store and try it out to see how it works for YOU?

I've only used one mattress and although the alarm itself has changed the bed shaker has not so I can't really compare... but why not bring it to the mattress store and try it out to see how it works for YOU?
We've thought of that... but realized, there's a difference with being aware and not aware.

It's easy to feel the vibration when you're awake and aware, but it's harder when you're asleep.

We've thought of that... but realized, there's a difference with being aware and not aware.

It's easy to feel the vibration when you're awake and aware, but it's harder when you're asleep.

Very true.... My own mattress came with a return/warrantee.... I could return it within 60 days if it wasn't right for me.

Tempurpedic is terrible with ANY vibrating clock. It doesn't convey vibrations very well... So comfy... <3 But omg it smashes the vibrating clock... lol! ( By smashes I mean it doesn't work well with it lol )

I have the first alarm in the pic and have never used it UNDER the mattress just always put it under my pillow

I have the first alarm in the pic and have never used it UNDER the mattress just always put it under my pillow

I put all alarms under my pillow... I honestly didn't know some people put them below mattresses... haha!

For last few years I've used Alarm C. I put it under the pillow (& inside the pillow case to stop it slipping out). I'm a heavy sleeper and the under the mattress vibrating alarms don't work as well as under the pillow for me.

Tempurpedic is terrible with ANY vibrating clock. It doesn't convey vibrations very well... So comfy... <3 But omg it smashes the vibrating clock... lol! ( By smashes I mean it doesn't work well with it lol )
Really!? That's what I was afraid of.

I wonder if it would work with Sleep Number or other memory foam mattresses?

Really!? That's what I was afraid of.

I wonder if it would work with Sleep Number or other memory foam mattresses?

I don't believe it would with any memory foam. Simply because memory foam is meant to stop vibrations so you sleep well. ( like if you have a partner that sleeps next to you and gets out of bed. ) I know mind is the Tempurpedic brand, and I tested the glass of water and jumping thing... it totally works. You can place a glass of water on the bed and jump just a foot or so away from it and the glass won't spill. It's pretty awesome sauce and comfy, but not good for relaying vibrations. =/

Back