Is Science the new religion? discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummer

Reaction score
why or why not you think so? discuss

Science is a tool that helps us to understand the natural universe. Unfortunately, some people have used it as a tool to try and disprove religious theological philosophies.

These people are attempting to remove any religious dogmas from their lives. It's quite sad really ..

please excuse me while I go pet my catma (yeah, I had to get one after my karma ran over my dogma).

((p.s. diehardbiker is wrong - it was religious people that believed the earth was round - because it said so in the Bible - and it was the "scientists" of the era that believed the earth was flat)))

Look at Isaiah 40
22 There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth, the dwellers in which are as grasshoppers, the One who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gauze, who spreads them out like a tent in which to dwell,

Then pull out an Apollo 11 picture of the earth. From any point above the earth, you would see it as a circle. Any reference made is correct with the facts, as with the other scriptures cited by any other (future) responders ( I have heard all the arguments and counterarguments).

And the Hebrew word for circle is also used in reference to spheres. (See link below)

The real test is that there is NO description in the Bible of the earth "setting on elephants, standing on a turtle" or being held up by Atlas.

In fact it describes the earth as not setting on anything.

Job 26:7
He is stretching out the north over the empty place,
Hanging the earth upon nothing;

It was not until some 400 years ago did we even begin to understand about gravity and how it holds the planets in place.

http://www.crivoice.org/circle.html

science and religious is just completely different.

Science is seek the truth and factual.

religious just that somebody has the faith to believe somebody's else mouth whose claim that it is coming from GOD.

it is not that I am against religious, but the fact that for thousands of years, religious believe the world is flat, it is because they thought GOD told them that it is. Even though for thousands of years, religious people claim that the earth is the center of universe.... really?

Religious is good for morale value if taught right. Religious is NOT perfect, but excellent guide in life if teaching focus on morale values. Know what is right and whats wrong is critical for decent life.

We don't need science to determine if murder is right or wrong, right? Same with child molesting, we all know it is morally fatally wrong! Do we need science to prove it? NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back