been rip off from rental car?

zerodog

Reaction score
I am just curious, if you ever been blame that damage shows on car/suv/mini-van even you already told them before take that with you?

Due our limit communicate and writing while that person may be new or first time have Deaf customer... Did that apply anything or experience, share...

Every car I have rented had a contract, and before I signed it, I listed every single dent, chip, etc on the paper, and I've never had anyone try to pin any damage on me.

Always document everything when signing a contract.

Ours is pretty lax. They don't even give out the car condition forms. I do take a picture of larger dings and scratches before I leave.

I had to rent a car once and I called my insurance company first and I was told I did not need to buy insurance from the rental company because I already had it. So when the rental guy saw me he had a big smile on his face and thought great a single woman ,I will made a killing. The guy asked for my credit card and I told him the person that hit my car is paying for the rental then the rental guy tried to get me to buy some of his insurance and I told the rental guy I had insurance already, by the time I got done with the rental guy he was no longer smiling but I sure was!

Renting a car is ripoff especially since none of the places that I know rents cars with turbocharged engine. It's unfair for hard working folks like me and others to be forced to pony up for rentals that doesn't have turbocharged engine.

Renting a car is ripoff especially since none of the places that I know rents cars with turbocharged engine. It's unfair for hard working folks like me and others to be forced to pony up for rentals that doesn't have turbocharged engine.
Come see me, Ill duct tape a party whistle to your tail pipe, that will make it go faster for sure.....lmao

I rented cars once awhile, it's all depending on who check out the body of the car especially men vs. women. One time I came to pick up the car and it was a guy, about 28 to 30, he walked around the car looking for any damages, I mean he was more laid back... no problem, he was scribbling down the paper work and gave it to me and he explained the policy and such.. done. Then week later, I had to return the car and the rental lady came out, she's about 25's and she walk around the car looking real closely, every square inch and she found a scratch, about inch long, on the bottom left corner of the passenger door. I was like..inch long?? I know it's already there and I told her about "the guy who checked out the car was doing hip hop dance walking around car quickly and over look those tiny scratch mark...you know how men are"??? She didn't say anything and then minutes later she said, "ok all is ok..."

I was like jeesh...

I rented a car at airport. Rental agent checked to view car no damage, scratch before I drive. I return back and then, Agent checked to view full gas gauge and re-exam any damage body before I depart airport. I've not been rip off yet.

Interesting...

I learn that guy who is assist manager and he looks under 30 and so on. I read through about that place and yours experience. Even the company wrote the book, how to wow your customer. It is just interesting how the company's view than the bad apple who employee not do their job.

I think that rental car may be my last rent... if happen, I was told several friends of mine, they did took pictures before get on the car... happen, return the car back. The guy who told friend that there damage shows as friend show the picture and say care to explain...

I was like.. next time.. I want be sure agent in car and I take picture... so we need make list who is bad apple being on mugshot picture. -_- just saying..

I rented cars once awhile, it's all depending on who check out the body of the car especially men vs. women. One time I came to pick up the car and it was a guy, about 28 to 30, he walked around the car looking for any damages, I mean he was more laid back... no problem, he was scribbling down the paper work and gave it to me and he explained the policy and such.. done. Then week later, I had to return the car and the rental lady came out, she's about 25's and she walk around the car looking real closely, every square inch and she found a scratch, about inch long, on the bottom left corner of the passenger door. I was like..inch long?? I know it's already there and I told her about "the guy who checked out the car was doing hip hop dance walking around car quickly and over look those tiny scratch mark...you know how men are"??? She didn't say anything and then minutes later she said, "ok all is ok..."

I was like jeesh...

I had to rent a car once and called a rental place and told the woman I never rented a car before so could she tell everything I would have to pay for .
So the lady did and I repeated her to made sure I understood everything.
I rented a car and when I brought it back the woman said I owned X amount
of $$ for something , and I told the woman when I called I said I never rented a car before and asked you give me the total cost , I was never told
about this X amount of $$ on the phone. And I told her I was not going to pay it and walked out . I never heard back from the car rental place.

My local rental place's lot is underground, so it's dark and hard to check.

No rip-off yet, but I did tell them I wanted a car with fold-down rear seats to carry stuff, and they offered me a Fiat 500! "Impala seats don't fold down," shrugged the guy. In the end, free upgrade to Grand Caravan.

Back