NEW VisiTalks Software

vi-progress

Reaction score
Hi,

Students of International University College have announced development og the world's first software which will allow realtime video communication (similar to skype) between deaf and hearing people without typing.

You can find more details about this innovation here https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/visitalks-connect-deaf-and-hearing-people/x/10275983

DigitalJournal Link http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/2514430

Please, support the project by sharing or contributing!

Kind Regards

Igor

This is located in Bulgaria, the only details are a press release from the founders that is promoted through a paid crowd funding promotion site. It's also flexible finding which they get to keep all money regardless of goal is reached. No real proof of concept. More advanced versions of this are being developed at US universities.
VI Progress has only 4 posts here. No legitimate backing on respected Deaf or tech news sources.
I think this is a phishing scheme to take advantage of and Scam the Deaf!
Happy to be proven wrong. But AllDeaf members, caveat emptor. (Buyer beware)

Yes the project is located in Bulgaria, so what? It's not a country or what? I don't understand your logic... about the location.

Please, at least take some time and read deatils of the project before writing about advanced technologies in US universities, I've heard a lot of people saying this, and all of them were proven wrong. Because there are no similar platforms, at all.

The project is new, however, even now news about the project was distributed to more than 250 TV/online news. And you may be sure you will see the news about visitalks in nearest weeks or days.

Please, I recommend you to contact the founders, to get more proper explanations and details, in order to be assured about project credibility.

Kind Regards

That is an interesting idea for your business. It made me think that you plan to destroy hearing employees at a relay service company. Also, it is a sort of stealing deaf employees who work at the relay service companies. That is the problem.

However, the interesting part of your service is to provide deaf people privacy without showing their face on the relay service which seems to be a good idea. I have heard about some people hate to see the same Sorenson interpreters often without a privacy.

I am not exactly sure how I feel about wearing the gloves. Can we able to wash the gloves once a while? ...I have had heard that many hearing people are using the dial-up services.

I think that our country for the internet cable services are the most corruptions of all than any countries. Japan has the highest internet speed and very cheap prices. Something like 10 dollars (Japan) vs. $140 a month (USA). Correct me if I'm wrong about it.

visitalks

The main idea wasn't to destroy working places for relay services employees... however, as you understand this happens with a development of new technologies. We can see a lot of examples when machines replace people.

The idea was to facilitate communication, connect people, open some opportunities which were closed for deaf people.

Regarding visitalks gloves... First of all, you don't have to wear them all the time, you only put them on while you are calling someone. Secondly, will be created from light material which will not make them too hot for your hands.
However, washing is an interesting thing to think about, there will definately be a way to do it.

The interenet cable servises in USA are really expencive, I also know other countries with higher speed and cheaper prices.

To sum up, visitalks is a platform which will work similar to skype, the only differense is that it will translate SL and Speech while you are communicating.

Thanks

Back