flat screen and vcr

Reaction score
Does anyone know where and what kind of cable I need to plug the VCR to the flat screen when it is mounted to the wall? The plugs goes at the back, and it needs something flat or it'll make a hole through the wall from the plugs if you can visualize what I mean. Anyone know? I have some VCR s I really like to see again.

Does anyone know where and what kind of cable I need to plug the VCR to the flat screen when it is mounted to the wall? The plugs goes at the back, and it needs something flat or it'll make a hole through the wall from the plugs if you can visualize what I mean. Anyone know? I have some VCR s I really like to see again.

Most VCRs work with this: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/RG59...d-Satellite-installation-4-57m/534633356.html

or:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/TVTech1/2012-04-04_104547_composite_cable.jpg

What's model of your tv?

Doesn't your flat panel TV have video input (including composite video-to be used with a yellow RCA plug) on either side?

FYI, more and more flat screen TV comes in without composition (Yellow red white). Go to store and see for yourself. I discovered when working for a VRS company, where they have to develop VP that connects to HDMI. Yes, I have customer called me the other day asking me where to find flat screen TV with composition connection. At first I couldn't believe their claim, only to find out that this customer was right.

coaxial connectors still alive.

FYI, more and more flat screen TV comes in without composition (Yellow red white). Go to store and see for yourself. I discovered when working for a VRS company, where they have to develop VP that connects to HDMI. Yes, I have customer called me the other day asking me where to find flat screen TV with composition connection. At first I couldn't believe their claim, only to find out that this customer was right.

coaxial connectors still alive.
LOL, I just looked up Sony, Panasonic, LG and Samsung websites. All TVs, even 4k Ultra HDTVs have at least one composite input as per their specs. There's something new called hybrid which means component shared with composite input. Look it up if you want.

Mostly RGB as composite instead of red/yellow/white. go store and see for yourself.

http://geoffthegreygeek.com/how-do-i-connect-my-flat-screen-tv/

Read the box that said...

The most basic video connection, being phased out on newer equipment. Uses the common yellow, red and white connections. Use the yellow cables for composite video and the red and white cables for analogue audio

See term "Phased out on newer equipment". Thats due to the fact that YRW is analog, more uses digital, hence why!

LOL, I just looked up Sony, Panasonic, LG and Samsung websites. All TVs, even 4k Ultra HDTVs have at least one composite input as per their specs.

Mostly RGB as composite instead of red/yellow/white. go store and see for yourself.
I just edited my previous post. What you said above is called hybrid. In other words, composite video is still ALIVE. I don't need to go to a store to see for myself while internet has everything I need to know.

Soon or later, they will be long gone. Its not as good as HDMI or S video anyway, very analog dependent.

I just edited my previous post. What you said above is called hybrid. In other words, composite video is still ALIVE. I don't need to go to a store to see for myself while internet has everything I need to know.

http://geoffthegreygeek.com/how-do-i-connect-my-flat-screen-tv/

Read the box that said...

The most basic video connection, being phased out on newer equipment. Uses the common yellow, red and white connections. Use the yellow cables for composite video and the red and white cables for analogue audio

See term "Phased out on newer equipment". Thats due to the fact that YRW is analog, more uses digital, hence why!
Oh man, you are fooled by it.

LG UHD TV spec:

INPUTS
  • RF In (Antenna/Cable)-1 (Rear)
  • Component Video In-1 (Rear)
  • Composite In (AV)-1 (shared w/Component)
  • HDMI®3 (Side)
  • USB 3.0/2.-1 / 2 (Side)
  • Digital Audio Out (Optical)-1 (Rear)
  • LAN-1 (Rear)
  • RS232-1 (Rear, Phone Jack)

You see, shared with component means you can either use it as a composite or component which is why it's called hybrid.

Some brands use one composite and one hybrid. Did you ask a salesperson to show you where a composite input is? I doubt it. You just looked at it and thought wrong. Too bad! Specs on their websites prove you wrong. You go back to the store and ask a salesperson. When you have done so, come back and report it here, OK?

Soon or later, they will be long gone. Its not as good as HDMI or S video anyway, very analog dependent.
Maybe gone or maybe not gone. There's no S-video on HDTVs because it's not popular. Aren't you aware that HDTVs are able to upconvert 480i to 1080p or higher, even though it won't improve the quality much? You know, some people still use old DVD players with composite output. No difference from old VCRs.

FYI, S-video is analog, not digital. Look it up via wikipedia.

Last edited:
The composite inputs are on the back. I use an antenna and don't have cable. The flat screen is hanging on the wall like a frame. The problem is that the jacket is straight and not bendable, so the jackets will be sticking straight making the tv stand up weird and possible make holes or a dent through the wall.

I hope I make sense. The flat screen should have come with all the inputs on the side not the back at all. Some are on the side like the antenna, usb. hcim, but not the inputs for the vcr or dvd. Is there a composite that's bendable for flat screens that hang on the wall that won't leave that weird gap on the back?

This is really frustrating.

I was able to figure this out with the VCR by using antenna plug on the side! The DVD cannot be used due to the cables being on the back, it just won't work. Yay!

Back