Wish List

jollyrj

Reaction score
I have my own little wish list of things I wish for.. unrealistic or not! :P

I would love to see people wear closed caption (cc) reader boards around their necks. Just like my setup on the tv at home.

I would love it if all hearing aids were blue tooth capable - no streamers.

I would love it if with that blue tooth capability, I could setup all my friends with microphones that clip on to their clothing and whatever they say, to go into my aid directly.

This one scares me ... I can't hear fire/carbon-monoxide alarms without my hearing aid. I'm 100% deaf in my left ear and profoundly deaf in my right. It takes someone else waking me up when one went off. Scary. Not sure what can help with this??? Or in the case I can't hear sirens from emergency vehicles until they are right up on me. Ugh.

I have my own little wish list of things I wish for.. unrealistic or not! :P

I would love to see people wear closed caption (cc) reader boards around their necks. Just like my setup on the tv at home.

I would love it if with that blue tooth capability, I could setup all my friends with microphones that clip on to their clothing and whatever they say, to go into my aid directly.

This one scares me ... I can't hear fire/carbon-monoxide alarms without my hearing aid. I'm 100% deaf in my left ear and profoundly deaf in my right. It takes someone else waking me up when one went off. Scary. Not sure what can help with this??? Or in the case I can't hear sirens from emergency vehicles until they are right up on me. Ugh.
What about alarms with strobe lights or bed shakers?

What about alarms with strobe lights or bed shakers?
I was just about to say the same thing as Reba- or there are some systems (Pebbles I think?) that have wearable items to vibrate in event of fire alarm.

Good luck. The world would soon have every D/deaf person wear a cochlear.

I doubt that all of them would. Cheaper to make them without. However, they do make hearing aids with bluetooth in them already.

Good luck getting your friends to do that. :)

Though this is likely already possible.

Have you looked into stobe light alarms yet?

I'll have to ask my audi about the bed shaker thing. Thanks!

Just look online. Harris Communications carries a great deal of shaker/strobe light products. I have 2 strobe fire alarms in my home. Many of us here do.

https://www.harriscomm.com/

(If you look under Emergency Alarms they also have carbon monixide ones as well.)

Or look elsewhere. There's many online sites.

I d love to see the HALF MARATHON AND MARATHON with the CC in the finish line. :D

Back