Say what?

rockin'robin

Reaction score
My daughter and I went through the McDonald's driveway window and I gave the cashier a $5 bill.
Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her 25c.
She said, 'you gave me too much money.'
I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar coin back.'
She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request.
I did so, and he handed me back the 25c, and said 'We're sorry but we don’t do that kind of thing.'
The cashier then proceeded to give me back 75 cents in change.
Do not confuse the people at MacD's.

We had to have the garage door repaired.
The repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener.
I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower.
He shook his head and said, 'You need a 1/4 horsepower.'
I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4 and he said, 'NOOO, it's not. Four is larger than two.'
We haven't used that repairman since...

I live in a semi rural area.
We recently had a new neighbor call the local city council office to request the removal of the DEAR CROSSING sign on our road.
The reason: 'Too many dears are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'
IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE.
My daughter went to a Mexican fast food and ordered a taco.
She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.'
He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.

I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked,
'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?'
To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?'
He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask.'

The pedestrian light on the corner beeps when it's safe to cross the street.
I was crossing with an 'intellectually challenged' co-worker of mine.
She asked if I knew what the beeper was for.
I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red.
Appalled, she responded, 'what on earth are blind people doing driving?!'
She is a government employee.....

When my husband and I arrived at a car dealership to pick up our car after a
service, we were told the keys had been locked in it.
We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver’s side door.
As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked.
‘Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'its open!'
His reply, 'I know. I already did that side.'
STAY ALERT!
They walk among us, they breed, and they vote…....

LOL most of those are oldie chestnuts that have been floating around the internet for years. None of them happened to Robin ;)

AlleyCat- considering I've seen this pop up a few times over the years quite a few of them may be Darwin candidates several times over lol.

Talking about McDonald cashier. I'm sure you all noticed on the credit card box in front of cashier and every time you swiped the card and go thru series of questions and one popped up said, "Exact Amount?" or "Price is correct?" and such. I told the cashier that I don't like this price and asked for $10 less, the cashier turned and look at her cash vending machine, she paused for minute (she was trying to figure out how to make $10 less) and suddenly she said, "Wait a minute I can't do that!" So I told her then why that stupid credit card thingy asked me if the price is right... she laughed.

You know back in the old day, when cashier normally asked "Exact amount?" meaning if you want cash or not, so usually asked for $10, $20 more in order to get $10, $20 cash. I did the same thing when she asked me that, "Exact amount? I say, No, $10 dollars less please, she was puzzled and how to do that" LOL

Back