anyone here enjoy shooting guns? for sport or hunting.

Oops sorry for mispelling your s/n Autumeve!

SP101a.jpg

SP101b.jpg

New Ruger SP101 .357 Mag with 4.2″ Barrel.
I want this in my stocking!
Anyone shoot a Ruger GP or SP? whats the trigger like?

An awesome piece! Ruger never skimps on the metal in their guns! Heavy but that is good when shooting a .357. I don't think you can hurt a Ruger revolver!

Here is what I want!

PMR30_numbers_8310.jpg
Nice piece! I do want something in .22MAG to cut down on shooting range costs. As u may have noticed.. i perfer the revolvers< but your choice got my juices flowing!

Nice piece! I do want something in .22MAG to cut down on shooting range costs. As u may have noticed.. i perfer the revolvers< but your choice got my juices flowing!

Yes, it hold 30 rounds, is very light but full size frame so little recoil. Just a little over $300 new. It has fiber optic sights as well. Kel-Tec makes good plastic! .22 magnum should pack a good punch! It also has a rail under the nose for light or laser!

Last edited:
Welcome to AD Automeve! I also enjoy archery but I have not strung up my bow in years. I do miss it! Do you have a recurve or compound bow? or something else? To my understanding, shooting guns are difficult where you live?

Many thanks for the warm welcome :) Yes it is harder here with regards to having guns here from what I understand. To be honest, I am unable to answer your question with regards to the type of bow as have no clue. I was on holiday at center parcs and it was one of the park activities my family tried. Even my mom who is 80 enjoyed it, the instructor was great with her. I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to find a club to join some time :).

I don't currently have any guns. We're a military family and transporting them from state to say and now (hopefully) overseas is a pain in the tushie!

I grew up shooting hand guns with my step-dad. My favorite was a Springfield 1911A1. *drool* and when I went through Basic Training I fell in love with the M16. Once we settle down I'm getting a good rifle so I can go deer hunting again.

Many thanks for the warm welcome :) Yes it is harder here with regards to having guns here from what I understand. To be honest, I am unable to answer your question with regards to the type of bow as have no clue. I was on holiday at center parcs and it was one of the park activities my family tried. Even my mom who is 80 enjoyed it, the instructor was great with her. I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to find a club to join some time :).
Sounds like you and your Mom had a great time! Found a photo that shows difference between recurve and compound bows. Top is recurve (no wheels), bottom is compound (w/wheels). Designs vary. Hope this photo explains the difference.
recurve-vs-compund-bow.jpg

Let you know that my dad still has collect of his handguns, long guns and other for enjoy watching them at his home. One of them was put on a wall at dinner room but he was not go out for hunting but just collect only.

However, I do not believe in the guns...well..

I was given a "tour" of an Abrams Tank a few years ago.

M1 Abrams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It had the .50 caliber on it and I got to hold some SLAP rounds.

I got to see inside the tank, how it operated, etc. etc. The laser sight was explained to me too, as well as the cost (over 60k) and its accuracy to within a foot up to two miles away. (or was it 1 mile? I can't remember).

AkmSeies.jpg

For those who like the AK series. I like the long barrel of the SVD and RPK but not the prices!

I'd like to have any old AK but the prices are too high! The Tokarev and Mokarev? is cool too for the price. Asked my local dealer today about the Kel-Tec PMR 30 and they just laughed! :laugh2: They said they had only seen 3 since production began but they put me on the waiting list anyway!

Last edited:
My son REALLY wants a bolt action. 22. I might get him one for Christmas. That will mean his gifts are done :)It was his favorite of the guns he shot at NRA Day for kids earlier in the year. He won't expect it. He plans on saving his money, and buying it himself :). I on the other hand would like a Springfield XD.I am still deciding on 9mmthe or 40.

Nicky,

A bolt action .22 rifle would be a great choice and he would love it! Plus most bolt action .22 rifles are fairly inexpensive. If you get an XD get the 9mm. Less recoil and cheaper ammo with better access to ammo. .40 cal is more money and harder to find.

Last edited:
My son REALLY wants a bolt action. 22. I might get him one for Christmas. That will mean his gifts are done :)It was his favorite of the guns he shot at NRA Day for kids earlier in the year. He won't expect it. He plans on saving his money, and buying it himself :). I on the other hand would like a Springfield XD.I am still deciding on 9mmthe or 40.

He will sh*t his in his pajamas Xmas morning if u do get him a .22 rifle! What brand/model do you have in mind? I did get a .22lr Marlin semi-auto rifle for xmas when I was a kid. I'm disappointed in myself for selling it for beer $$ when I was a teenager.

I'd like to have any old AK but the prices are too high! The Tokarev and Mokarev? is cool too for the price. Asked my local dealer today about the Kel-Tec PMR 30 and they just laughed! :laugh2: They said they had only seen 3 since production began but they put me on the waiting list anyway!

I checked my favorite gun sites on the PMR 30 ... one was selling (pending sale) for $459 plus shipping another for $545 amazing since it sells for around $310? Must be a hot item!! I also read that there are mfg production/delays with it? Hope you get yours with all the tweaks. Good luck buddy and keep me posted!

Nicky,
A bolt action .22 rifle would be a great choice and he would love it! Plus most bolt action .22 rifles are fairly inexpensive. If you get an XD get the 9mm. Less recoil and cheaper ammo with better access to ammo. .40 cal is more money and harder to find.

Thanks Airport Cop :). He is a really good kid. I asked him why hee wants a bolt action. He said "well you will learn to be more accurate, and take your time if you only have one shot befor you reload Momma. I want to be a diligent shooter." I am proud of my 9 y/o son!
I was leaning toward the 9mm. I wam SOOOOOOOOO excited. It waill be my Christmas/Birthday gift with help from the money I get.

He will sh*t his in his pajamas Xmas morning if u do get him a .22 rifle! What brand/model do you have in mind? I did get a .22lr Marlin semi-auto rifle for xmas when I was a kid. I'm disappointed in myself for selling it for beer $$ when I was a teenager.

Oh yeah he's gonna freak out! I found a marlin for $99.00. :D

Back