What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my way to pick up transportation money for this Saturday. I will NOT be riding my bicycle that day. Instead, I will hop on a taxi for Harper College after arriving in Palatine. :D

money_in_the_bank_pimpin_aint_easy-10428.gif

Learning to sign more fluently! So speaking of which, it'd be really awesome of somebody to facetime with me or something! I'm a senior in high school and plan on attending flight school once I graduate, but I met a deaf person a month or so ago and they were being told they couldn't participate because they're deaf. I couldn't really talk to them because I didn't know ASL, but it inspired me to become apart of the deaf community and let them know they CAN do these things including flying planes. I have epilepsy so I know what it's like to not be able to do things that I love doing, which made me want to become a flight instructor for the deaf. I want to encourage them to know they're not limited to things they think they are. I'm not looking for a tutor, just somebody to talk to! So hit me up and I'll be trying to get better at signing!

Don't I wish. No, it's because tomorrow's weather is gonna be very brutal, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same way up there this Saturday. More of a safety thing than anything else.

I was throwing away more junk mail for the election ! I hope people are recycling all the crap we been taking for the pass 3 months.

I bought horror movies DVD from Big Kmart recently. I found out from my boyfriend that this DVD does not have CC. I am disappointed. I was looking forward to watch horror movies tonight. :(

Attachments

• Horrormovies.jpg
    Horrormovies.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 8
Learning to sign more fluently! So speaking of which, it'd be really awesome of somebody to facetime with me or something! I'm a senior in high school and plan on attending flight school once I graduate, but I met a deaf person a month or so ago and they were being told they couldn't participate because they're deaf. I couldn't really talk to them because I didn't know ASL, but it inspired me to become apart of the deaf community and let them know they CAN do these things including flying planes. I have epilepsy so I know what it's like to not be able to do things that I love doing, which made me want to become a flight instructor for the deaf. I want to encourage them to know they're not limited to things they think they are. I'm not looking for a tutor, just somebody to talk to! So hit me up and I'll be trying to get better at signing!

We know deaf people can obtain pilot's licenses, but what was the person being told they couldn't participate in? There are limits for deaf pilots, which hopefully will be less in the future as technology advances.

What types of certificates can a deaf pilot obtain?
A deaf pilot can obtain a student pilot certificate, recreational pilot certificate, private pilot certificate, and, on a limited basis, a commercial pilot certificate; for example, agricultural aircraft operations, banner towing operations, or any operation which does not require radio communication. With new interface technology for incockpit receipt of weather information and digital communication, additional pilot certificates may be available to deaf pilots in the future.

https://www.faa.gov/pilots/become/deaf_pilot/certification/

I bought horror movies DVD from Big Kmart recently. I found out from my boyfriend that this DVD does not have CC. I am disappointed. I was looking forward to watch horror movies tonight. :(

i would be too, happened to me untold times, and every time it does, I'm mighty irritated at the ignorant hearing society grrrr

I am trying to get a Taxi quote for the local trip from Palatine Metra to Harper College, and I'm not having a lot of luck. Seems that most taxis don't want to serve that short a trip, but I gotta keep trying.

WOW! I thought all DVD would have CC by now. Can you bring it back ? That is a bummer.

I think there are some older DVDs that might not be captioned or have open subtitles. The pic shows what looks like a 3 DVD set- sometimes those aren't captioned either for whatever reason.

Hope you can take it back and get a refund at least!

Waking up, and getting my day started. Gonna be a very busy one, as I have a lot to do today before tomorrow morning's early AM departure.

I also got the taxi quote I was looking for, so now I'm in decent shape for tomorrow. I'll need to reserve the taxi before I get there, however.

Last edited:
Paying my Cricket bill the unorthodox way. :| Weather today is really messing up MiFi/hotspot reception.

Headed to take care of my Comcast business. Tried to do that this morning, and it didn't end very well.

Reading my 'voter' report card and my rating is 'excellent. My city tell people that they voted in the last 4 elections , as if you did not know. I am about average for people in my area.

Got my Comcast service put on hold. Saved a bunch of money in the process-- more than $70/month.

I forgot my Skype passwords so spent ages setting up another account and being refused...do my head in filling all the stuff up then repeating it god knows how many times...so spent most of afternoon wasting my time and getting irritated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back