Taking my daughter to IMAX???

Condor1970

Reaction score
I have a B-day coming up next week, and the wife asked me what I want for my B-day. I told her I'd love to go see the Sunday matinee for "Interstellar" in IMAX.

Ok, the hard part is. I know my kids will want to come along, but my one daughter is profoundly deaf, and has a semi-useful loaner Oticon HA for her left ear. I desperately don't want her to feel left out, by leaving her home, because my other daughter who has normal hearing will insist on going. Thus, the matinee feature for them.

Anyway, if I do take my daughter, is there some kind of caption technology at IMAX? Like some kind of tele-coil in the theater? I am not certain her HA has a tele-coil built in though. And, because she is so deaf, I'm not sure it would even be that great of an experience for her either.

Any suggestions?

I want see that unfortunately wont be IMAX we don't have one....is it follow up to Gravity? which I hope to see...happy B.D

It is a separate movie done by Christopher Nolan.

What I want to know, is whether or not it would be worth taking my daughter to see this with a semi-useful HA?

I guess I'm just hoping the incredible visuals of IMAX may overtake the need for understanding every word spoken in the film. Does that make sense?

What I want to know, is whether or not it would be worth taking my daughter to see this with a semi-useful HA?

I guess I'm just hoping the incredible visuals of IMAX may overtake the need for understanding every word spoken in the film. Does that make sense?

When I was going to movies some years ago there were headphones available, turn on the telecoil in the hearing aid, to use with an FM system connected to the theater's sound system. You had to ask for them at the ticket counter. I have no idea what is available today, but, do ask how the hoh are accomadated, it's the law that something has to be available.

Good luck!

it be worth it,is her bd..I use go sleep if had take my kids to see film

An even better suggestion than my previous one would be to contact the theater and ask them what their accommodations are for the hoh. Many theaters today have closed and even open caption systems.

Ditto what Annie said. I don't know what movie theater you have there but most will have some sort of audio FM system you can use. Some will have captioning-- either glasses or the rear view type.

I'd say it would be worth it to take her- ask her. :)

Back