RV Show this weekend in Houston

Don't let sales people trick you into buying new because "new trailers can only be financed with 6-7-year notes, not the 10-12-year notes." NOT TRUE. And you want to stay with simple-interest notes and pay as much as you can afford monthly to cut down on the interest (remember, mortgage-interest rip-off). Now, I was told you can deduct the interest payment on these loans just like you would a mortgage...

Holiday world has a guy who works there and has a supposedly nice trailer that he and his wife used while they were having their house built, which is common. I told him what I was looking for. He's going to be sending me photos next week. Let's see what happens!

or why I love driving long and far.

I do, too. The trip to Ohio in my Jeep Wrangler along the Natchez Trace Parkway was awesome! I went last fall. Max speed limit is 50 MPH with no commercial traffic allowed along the 444-mi stretch. My way back was Ohio through Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma into Dallas. I went this way because I had never been, and more importantly, I wanted to see a didgeridoo player at the Busker Festival in Lawrence, KS. It was fun! I forgot to mention that I had no music on the entire way. Just peaceful and quiet. I even had my hearing aids turned off.

Attachments

• IMG_2712.jpg
    IMG_2712.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 9
I would love to drive an RV/bus and I've always fantasized about owning one since little. I guess that explains why I prefer riding in a bus instead of train or why I love driving long and far.

You can drive a motor home or motor coach (modified bus) these days. Many states have removed CDL license to allow people able to drive such motor homes or motor coaches these days. For example, NYS has removed that requirement to allow Deaf people to drive them! Is that great!?

Don't let sales people trick you into buying new because "new trailers can only be financed with 6-7-year notes, not the 10-12-year notes." NOT TRUE. And you want to stay with simple-interest notes and pay as much as you can afford monthly to cut down on the interest (remember, mortgage-interest rip-off). Now, I was told you can deduct the interest payment on these loans just like you would a mortgage...

Holiday world has a guy who works there and has a supposedly nice trailer that he and his wife used while they were having their house built, which is common. I told him what I was looking for. He's going to be sending me photos next week. Let's see what happens!

Do not forget the extra expenses dealers add on! Document fees, winter storage fees if you want your trailer parked away for winter at the dealer, the prep fees, delivery fees (shipping from factory), and other expenses such as license plate/tags, inspection, and more.

RV loans are different than house mortgages. Big difference and banks these days since the Great Recession are more cautious about giving mortgage for such vehicles as your living quarters (home). More people are buying Travel Trailers instead of Motor Homes due to the cost itself, the fuel cost, and people now wants more simple as well as their trailers smaller due to smaller automobiles and trucks. For example, flat bed truck are getting shorter than 8 feet bed. That is a challenge for manufacturers of Fivers (Fifth-Wheels) to make shorter and more aerodynamically nose on the Fivers.

Someone said he prefer Travel Trailer than a Fifth-Wheel. I understand that because of how you handle it. Some people.. needs to know how to hook up or disconnect their Fivers from the goose neck. I camped last year sitting to enjoy the Forth of July at a state park and a guy brought in his huge Fiver, he does not know how to do it right. Looks brand new truck and Fiver, he damaged his rear cab windshield. They are know to do some damages. It is easier to do Travel Trailers but Fivers are popular towable as it is with Travel Trailers these days than a Motor Home.

RV people are a culture of their own. That is actually pretty cheap, they can go For $1 million. Part of the reason for the cost is that almost everything on it is custom. The engines are pretty amazing too and will last forever.

Yes, you are correct. The most expensive is what I believe is like around 2.6 Million Dollars for a Motor Home. Provst are expensive brand. They range a cool Million. Most brands have at 350 Thousand Dollars for their top-of-line models.

Yes, motor last long time. Many used Motor Homes on online classified websites has about 50,000 miles range already logged. They are still good for thousands more miles. Rare I found 200,000 miles MH for sale.

Back