"Una Giornata Particolare" with Sophia Loren and Marcelllo Mastroianni
"Nudo di Donna" with Nino Manfredi and Eleorna Giorgi
"Julia's Eyes" with Belen Rueda.
"El Mariahchi"
"Once Upon a Time" season 1

Several months before that I picked up:

"Wu Xia" with Donnie Yen
"Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame" with Carina Lau

I don't think I'll be getting anything for the rest of the year until my bills come down. As it as, my Chinese purchases were the first since 2010...

Laura

The last movie I bought was "The Hunger Games", for about 20 dollars. It was the special edition with the mockingjay pendant.

I bought Prometheus, Red Lights, and Head Hunters pretty much same time. Been switching to downloads instead of discs. Just taking a while to convert the old stuff.

I bought Prometheus, Red Lights, and Head Hunters pretty much same time. Been switching to downloads instead of discs. Just taking a while to convert the old stuff.

I've not heard of Head Hunters but I've watch Prometheus and Red Lights
Enjoyed them both. I'm a big fan of Elizabeth Olson, too bad she doesn't have a lot of screen time

Bought "The Avengers"Box set the other day, "The Notebook" for my Wife (she loves chick-flicks!) and "The Dark Crystal" on DVD - I loved that film when I was a kid :)

Chernobyl Diaries, Prometheus, The Witches of Eastwick, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. I also brought Dog Soldiers but I was disappointed when I realized the DVD release I got doesn't have CC or subtitles.

Yesterday on Amazon, I order Friday the 13th the collection with the first 8 movies but without the hockey mask, Tales From the Darkside, and Sucker Punch. They're currently on the way...

Today I brought a lot of movies from two different pawn shops. Only four of them cost a dollar and the rest cost two dollars.

Fight Club (collector's edition)
Dark City
Mortal Kombat
Kung Fu Hustle
Hit and Run
Dracula (collector's edition)
Sin City (along with slipcover)
Scary Movie
Dude, Where's My Car
Pontypool
Big Trouble in Little China
True Lies
Straw Dogs
Hood of Horror (along with slipcover)
Stigmata
The Truman Show
Silver Bullet
American Psycho
Idiocracy
Possession
Twister
Terminator 3 (they also have Terminator 2 that I want, but the disc is f***ed up. Boo-hoo me)

Amazon purchases:
Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap [DVD]
Coen Brothers Collection (Blood Simple/Fargo/Miller's Crossing/Raising Arizona) [Blu-ray]
Legend of the Seeker: The Complete Second Season [DVD]
The Book of Daniel - The Complete Series [DVD]
Waxwork / Waxwork II: Lost in Time (Double Feature)
Dishdogz [DVD]
CG [DVD]

&&& A slew of VHS from Goodwill. Too many to list!

behindthemask, Dog Sodiers is such a great film, but as you say it's a real shame it doesn't come with CC or subs.
I bought Magic Mike as a xmas pressie for the missus, and Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead for myself.

behindthemask, Dog Sodiers is such a great film, but as you say it's a real shame it doesn't come with CC or subs.
I bought Magic Mike as a xmas pressie for the missus, and Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead for myself.

Really? I've never seen it but want to check it out. I just gotta find the right DVD that has CC. By the way, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost rules! The number of zombies in Shaun of the Dead is how many times I've seen it. It's that good! The movie is a great addition to your movie collection, whether they're large or not. :)

BehindTheMask,

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Dog-Soldiers-Blu-ray-Sean-Pertwee/dp/B001RXDLZA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1355832444&sr=8-3&keywords=Dog+Soldiers]Amazon.com: Dog Soldiers [Blu-ray]: Sean Pertwee, Kevin McKidd, Emma Cleasby, Liam Cunningham, Thomas Lockyer, Darren Morfitt, Chris Robson, Leslie Simpson, Tina Landini, Craig Conway, Vilrikke's Acer, Bryn Walters, Neil Marshall, Brian Patrick O[/ame]

This version has subtitles...

Pretty much any film by Neil Marshall is good viewing. I dunno whether he's been in the Army or did some damn good research, but the actors playing the british soldiers are absolutely spot-on :)
oh, if you like Horror, see if you can find "The Descent". I don't scare easily, but I had a sleepless night after watching that one.

Pretty much any film by Neil Marshall is good viewing. I dunno whether he's been in the Army or did some damn good research, but the actors playing the british soldiers are absolutely spot-on :)
oh, if you like Horror, see if you can find "The Descent". I don't scare easily, but I had a sleepless night after watching that one.

That is exactly the reason why I want to see the movie because of Neil Marshall. I also have Doomsday and The Descent. I had no idea what to expect the first time I watch The Descent and it kept me the edge of my seat almost the entire time. Also every time I seen it, I swear I developed claustrophobia when they go through the tight tunnel! Great movie. I'm planning to get the second one but someone else directed that movie. Ever seen it?

BehindTheMask,
No I haven't seen it. Neil Marshall said in an interview that he had pretty much nothing to do with the sequel (actually more of a remake so I've heard) so I'm unsure as to how good it is......
Probably worth a watch tho..

Back