Mass shooting in San Bernardino, CA

Authorities didn't check her Facebook account prior to allowing her visa to America. On her FB page she had praises for the 9/11 attacks on the anniversary of that date. Hello!

Why did they not check it? They said because they didn't want to be accused of invading her privacy. What?!

Sorry but by nature of being a BACKGROUND CHECK, that includes an "invasion" of one's privacy. Duh!

BTW, has either POTUS or VP been to San Bernardino yet?

You seem to be the only one harping on this. Is it because Bush was so criticized for not going right after Katrina?

If Romney was our president, I dare that she never ask like that. :lol:

I think the goals of the Germans and Japanese during WWII were not secret but their techniques and barbarism were not as widely made public until after the war.

That's the point. They were taught with Nazism policies and education filled with propaganda stuff like how to do Heil gesture with right hand. Women were a vessel to pop babies. If you bore at least four babies, you will get a Bronze Cross in the honor of Hitler's mother. But they were not told what the Third Reich did to poor victims. I personally am told some Germans had no knowledge about the camps and experiments before and during the war. Others heard about "the rumor", but they didn't do anything about it.

You seem to be the only one harping on this. Is it because Bush was so criticized for not going right after Katrina?
That doesn't mean I'm the only one not thinking it.

The Bush connection never even occurred to me. Odd that you'd bring it up.

I'm thinking more along the lines that unless it's a white person/cop shooting black people, POTUS isn't going to make an appearance. He doesn't seem to show the same amount of concern for the victims of Islamic terrorism. He doesn't seem to be bothered to go out to a grieving, apprehensive community that could use encouragement.

Same as playing golf after his speech following the beheading of James Foley.

Sorry, Obama earns his own grief with me; he doesn't need to borrow anything from Bush.

Originally Posted by Jane B. View Post

I agree with Reba on this , Obama came Boston after the bombing so why didn't he go to Ca. too ?

Problem here is: if Obama goes to every terrorist sponsored shooting or even every mass shooting he will only be playing into the shooters and their sponsors hands. I'm sure ISIS will be happy to see Obama visiting with the victims of the San Barnadino's shootings families and will play it up in their communications and perhaps use it to recruit more shooters.

Problem here is: if Obama goes to every terrorist sponsored shooting or even every mass shooting he will only be playing into the shooters and their sponsors hands. I'm sure ISIS will be happy to see Obama visiting with the victims of the San Barnadino's shootings families and will play it up in their communications and perhaps use it to recruit more shooters.

I was wondering just when someone like you was gonna come forth with this.....

Huh? That doesn't make sense. How would a presidential visit to victims help recruit shooters?

Huh? That doesn't make sense. How would a presidential visit to victims help recruit shooters?

Their actions, namely their recruits killing people in the US, are able to get the President of the United States to take time out of his schedule to come to the place they did their terrorist act and bring more attention to it, you can't see why they would use it? It's the best PR they could hope for to promote their cause.

Their actions, namely their recruits killing people in the US, are able to get the President of the United States to take time out of his schedule to come to the place they did their terrorist act and bring more attention to it, you can't see why they would use it? It's the best PR they could hope for to promote their cause.
The terrorists' goal isn't to get the President to take a few minutes off on his way to his vacation to visit victims of their attacks. I doubt they ever even give that a second's thought.

They want to kill people and instill fear in their hearts, and eventually bring normal daily life and commerce to a standstill, at which point they can take over. Seeing that the President makes a visit to victims is nothing to them.

The terrorists' goal isn't to get the President to take a few minutes off on his way to his vacation to visit victims of their attacks. I doubt they ever even give that a second's thought.

They want to kill people and instill fear in their hearts, and eventually bring normal daily life and commerce to a standstill, at which point they can take over. Seeing that the President makes a visit to victims is nothing to them.

And by us changing our lives bit by bit, to suit their agenda of fear.

They are winning.in.that respect.

And thus the frog boils.

I don't think they ever did.

Yeah I know , I never thought he was insane and the police sure didn't , they needed to get more evidence before they arrested him so he would not be able to walk away and leave the country .

President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama on Friday planned to privately meet with the families of victims of a terrorist attack in San Bernardino earlier this month that left 14 people dead, according to the White House.

The meeting comes just over two weeks after the Dec. 2 mass shooting at San Bernardino’s Inland Regional Center left a community devastated and reignited the national debate over gun control and how to deal with international terrorism.

The Obamas planned to depart from the South Lawn of the White House and land at the San Bernardino International Airport Friday night and meeting with families of the slain victims.

Temporary flight restrictions in the area — from 7:15 to 10:30 p.m. — indicated the meeting would be brief. No road closures had been announced as of the morning.

After the visit, Barack and Michelle Obama planned to continue on to Hawaii for a previously scheduled vacation.

First responders and the shooting's 22 injured victims were not expected to be at the meeting with Obama, according to San Bernardino County Supervisor Curt Hagman, who criticized the lack of inclusion.

“He could do more than what he’s doing,” Hagman said. “It doesn’t show the magnitude of how hard this community’s been hit.”

The survivors, and responders who did "an incredible job of putting their lives on the line for all of us" deserved a word of encouragement from the president, Hagman said, adding that the president "should take this opportunity to express the gratitude of the American people to these heroes face-to-face."…

Visit to San Bernardino

Back