Bad News:

Sorry to hear about that. Hope everything works out.

Hello everyone and thanks for the supports and prayers. ;)

My dad's condition, well for a couple months before he suffered from a stroke he had lost so much weigh, around 165 pounds within 4 months he had experienced frequent diarrhea and sometimes with blood in the stool, and he delayed on getting that problem checked out, we kept pushing him to see a doctor for months because we were all concerning about his health, when he finally did went to see his doctor, they claimed he had some kind of infection in his stomach, gave him medicine for it, and it was making him sick, then he got off of that medicine. Then a week before Reno, he was experienced abdominal cramps and he was vomiting, then he went off to see his doctor again and ran some blood tests, he hasn't gotten the results, then when he left for Reno, he didn't look so good, he was so pale, and tired. He did complained of headaches. Then the next day he suffered a stroke from high blood pressure.

He had lost 20 more pounds when he was staying at the hospital in Reno within two weeks, we asked the doctor to find out why he is continuing losing weight, so they checked into that, and found out he has a Crohn's disease, that explains why he was losing weight so fast, making him feel tired, the frequent diarrhea and lost of appetites. As for now he is on medicine for that problem.

They just removed his breathing tube, and he's able to breath on his own without oxygen. He was on the breathing tube because of the build up fluid in his lungs.

As for his physical therapies, and speech, are the same...just recently about 2 days ago, they helped him stand on his feet, he hasn't walked yet, but it'll come later.

When the speech therapist asked my dad what's your daughter's name, and he was trying to say my name, but he couldn't instead he sign the letter "C", I was impressed! I told the speech therapist maybe we should be teaching dad sign language instead of speech. lol

I haven't seen my dad for two days because I have a sinus infection, it has been so miserable. But, I talk to my step mom today to find out how dad was doing, and she says the same.

I forgot to say something..

Thanks Brian for making this thread sticky, it was very thoughtful of you. ;)

Cheri - it is good that your dad is able to breathe on his own. Crohn's Disease sucks but it's manageable. My friend has one.

:ty: for the update.

It seems that your dad is making progress. It's good that the doctors finally diagnosed the Crohn's disease so they can treat him for that.

My dad's condition, well for a couple months before he suffered from a stroke he had lost so much weigh, around 165 pounds within 4 months he had experienced frequent diarrhea and sometimes with blood in the stool, and he delayed on getting that problem checked out, we kept pushing him to see a doctor for months because we were all concerning about his health, when he finally did went to see his doctor, they claimed he had some kind of infection in his stomach, gave him medicine for it, and it was making him sick, then he got off of that medicine. Then a week before Reno, he was experienced abdominal cramps and he was vomiting, then he went off to see his doctor again and ran some blood tests, he hasn't gotten the results, then when he left for Reno, he didn't look so good, he was so pale, and tired. He did complained of headaches. Then the next day he suffered a stroke from high blood pressure.

He had lost 20 more pounds when he was staying at the hospital in Reno within two weeks, we asked the doctor to find out why he is continuing losing weight, so they checked into that, and found out he has a Crohn's disease, that explains why he was losing weight so fast, making him feel tired, the frequent diarrhea and lost of appetites. As for now he is on medicine for that problem.

They just removed his breathing tube, and he's able to breath on his own without oxygen. He was on the breathing tube because of the build up fluid in his lungs.

As for his physical therapies, and speech, are the same...just recently about 2 days ago, they helped him stand on his feet, he hasn't walked yet, but it'll come later.

When the speech therapist asked my dad what's your daughter's name, and he was trying to say my name, but he couldn't instead he sign the letter "C", I was impressed! I told the speech therapist maybe we should be teaching dad sign language instead of speech. lol

I haven't seen my dad for two days because I have a sinus infection, it has been so miserable. But, I talk to my step mom today to find out how dad was doing, and she says the same.

I'm glad your dad seems to be recovring and I'm glad you're keeping us updated.

Cheri,

im hope your dad will get well soon if he not get well they getting worse remind of my late grandma who still survive for 10 month before she passed away in July 24 2007 due stroke but my late grandma still at nursing home for least one years before she passed away but i didnt say goodbye to her.

my late grandma did went to rehab next to hospital before she died for exercise her arms and legs but not moving very well on my late grandma's but i visit her lots and my family and i support her but my grandma get more worse and cant get up i wouldnt bare to watch my grandma till she dies in July 2007.

i would support you

Cheri,

im hope your dad will get well soon if he not get well they getting worse remind of my late grandma who still survive for 10 month before she passed away in July 24 2007 due stroke but my late grandma still at nursing home for least one years before she passed away but i didnt say goodbye to her.

my late grandma did went to rehab next to hospital before she died for exercise her arms and legs but not moving very well on my late grandma's but i visit her lots and my family and i support her but my grandma get more worse and cant get up i wouldnt bare to watch my grandma till she dies in July 2007.

i would support you

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma, some stroke patients recover quickly and some patients need more time to recover, it could take months or it could take years after their stroke depending on the severity of the stroke and the general condition of the patient.

but we refuse to put our dad in a nursing home no matter how long it takes, he will receive therapy, will continue his therapies as long as improvement continues. We believe he will regain the lost abilities and skills, it all has to be re-learned. but he will never be the same again. His life threatening conditions has to be under control first before rehabilitation. He does have a physical therapist and speech and language pathologist to help him improve his language skills, ability to swallow, standing, walking and keeping his balance straight. He is still paralyzed on one side, the nerve hasn't returned, we don't know when it will, if it doesn't then he will learn how to live with one side paralyzed.

:ty: for the update.

It seems that your dad is making progress. It's good that the doctors finally diagnosed the Crohn's disease so they can treat him for that.
There is no cure for it unless surgery to remove it all and carry with bag rest of life. Not good diagonsis, my sister in law has it for all of her life. She weights about 80 lbs.

I am so sorry about your dad. It will be long journey for him and you. I hope he will get those feelings back and be back to normal life. (((((((((((hugs)))))))))

I am glad they at least got him standing, and since he signed your initial, teaching him to sign might not be that bad of an idea.
I will keep praying for him.

There is no cure for it unless surgery to remove it all and carry with bag rest of life. Not good diagonsis, my sister in law has it for all of her life. She weights about 80 lbs.

You're right, There is no cure for Crohn's disease, and surgery might be necessary if his medications can no longer control the symptom. We will just have to wait it out and see what happens.

I am glad they at least got him standing, and since he signed your initial, teaching him to sign might not be that bad of an idea.
I will keep praying for him.

Yea, You know the speech and language pathologist knows sign language, that's how I know so much about my dad because she keeps me informed.

And for getting my dad to stand on his feet was tough, I could tell he was hurting, his face expression really tells us how he feels.

Yea, You know the speech and language pathologist knows sign language, that's how I know so much about my dad because she keeps me informed.

And for getting my dad to stand on his feet was tough, I could tell he was hurting, his face expression really tells us how he feels.

I'm glad that someone who knows sign and works with your dad was able to keep you informed.

Cheri, thanks for the update as i was worried about your dad since then and my prayers are keeping going for you all.
i am glad about the progressing :)

hugs

I will continue to pray for your dad to get better every day!

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma, some stroke patients recover quickly and some patients need more time to recover, it could take months or it could take years after their stroke depending on the severity of the stroke and the general condition of the patient.

but we refuse to put our dad in a nursing home no matter how long it takes, he will receive therapy, will continue his therapies as long as improvement continues. We believe he will regain the lost abilities and skills, it all has to be re-learned. but he will never be the same again. His life threatening conditions has to be under control first before rehabilitation. He does have a physical therapist and speech and language pathologist to help him improve his language skills, ability to swallow, standing, walking and keeping his balance straight. He is still paralyzed on one side, the nerve hasn't returned, we don't know when it will, if it doesn't then he will learn how to live with one side paralyzed.

thanks.. My Grandma now in heaven

anyway you wont want your dad get in nursing home that right? that your decision i dont push you. My grandma going back to nursing home where she had rehab before when my grandma had hip surgery years ago till she dies but my dad cant care my grandma but my dad is not doctor nor nurse..

mostly patient still in nursing home till dies and family cant care of parents or family,friends but nurse from nursing home can care it and can visit parents at nursing home if you talk nurse about parents's condition improve or not or wait till doctor talk.

we have rehab at nursing home in states or rehab at hospital that your choice for your dad im just suggestion.

let me know PM me

Hi Cheri,
Sorry to hear your dad has fallen ill. I hope he'll recover the best he could. Hang in there.

I saw my dad today, and the doctor had informed us that they had found some small blood clots in his heart, they are going to give him medicine to thin his blood. :dunno: I'm no doctor, but this is what I've been told to avoid another stroke.

:(

Back