U.S. troops killed and wounded amid Afghan protests over Koran burning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you like to back that statement up with some facts?

The inquisition, crusades, people burned under John Calvin not to mention the abuse crisis. Just saying..

Personally, I think both sides are just about even given the current wars, but that's just me.

We are still there because Bush did not finish the job.

Oh please for Pete's sake! Not everything that goes wrong is GWB's fault! If Reagan had been in office we would have kicked their butts and come home already! Obama certainly hasn't finished it either has he?!

I disagree. I think dialog is good and people have been civil about it.

Actually for the most part, pretty civil. There has been some name calling in a thread that was closed but yeah overall pretty civil! I like civilness!:laugh2:

Oh please for Pete's sake! Not everything that goes wrong is GWB's fault! If Reagan had been in office we would have kicked their butts and come home already! Obama certainly hasn't finished it either has he?!

LOL, Reagan? Please. All he did was bomb and invade defenseless third world nations. The military industrial complex eventually got bored of the chump change (once they spent all the loot from Vietnam). Eventually they found out that Islam makes a pretty good boogeyman and that's how we ended up where we are now.

Quite frankly, I think it's the other way around. I see religion being injected into each and every thread, either overtly or thinly veiled, when it ought not to be (admittedly, this is sometimes done by the non-religious side. I don't claim innocence here), and if it's not injected, then it's a thread started to incite religious tensions, as in the case of posts related to Islam (these threads are almost always started by the fundamental religious consensus here on AD).

This room just needs to die.

Of course, if it does, we'll just have to settle for posts about what we ate for dinner and how many times hearing people pissed us off today. Boooorrrriinnniinnnggg. :)

Note that I have removed my "religious dogma" from the airwaves.

Spring is in the air, and I got plenty of stuff to distract me from arguing with parents that want to implant their auditorily-disfigured offspring with internal gateways to oral nirvana. Or discussing deaf culture with ASL students from Mrs. Parker's 9th grade class.

:wave:

Reagan? Doubtful...

It is a crime punishable by death to convert to Christianity in many Muslim countries ... just saying :roll:

Just like you're not mentioning the millions of peace-abiding Moslem who condemn the Taliban.

Oh yeah, how could I ever forget? It really isn't my fault that Islam is associated with death and destruction.

Muzzammil Hassan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2004, his wife Aasiya prompted him to develop "an American Muslim media where her kids could grow up feeling really strong about their identity as an American Muslim."[10] Hassan expressed belief that some moderate Muslims could not identify with the extreme stereotypes often depicted in Hollywood productions and said that such Muslims "think they are not accurately portrayed" and that "Bridges TV gives American Muslims a voice and will depict them in everyday, real life situations."[4] The Hassans received an award for this effort from the Council on American-Islamic Relations in 2007.[11]

In February 2009, Hassan was arrested and charged with beheading his estranged wife Aasiya Zubair.[6] According to Orchard Park police, Hassan came to the police station at 6:20 pm on February 12, 2009, the day of the killing, and reported his wife dead. Her body was found at the TV station.[6][12] Police had previously visited the Hassans' home in response to domestic incidents. They were most recently called to the residence February 6, 2009, the day Hassan was served with divorce papers and an order of protection,[13] where it is reported he was banging on doors and even broke a window.[13]

The divorce petition cited "violence and inhuman treatment" as the reason. Police reports indicated that Zubair stated her husband's abusive and controlling behavior had begun at least six years earlier.[14] Muzzammil Hassan was arraigned before Village Justice Deborah Chimes and sent to the Erie County Holding Center. Sources claimed to be close to the case said hunting knives were used to commit the crime.[15]

I do often wonder if women can file for a divorce in Muslim countries and cite "violent and inhuman treatment"?

And your point is..?

My point? Ok, since you were unable to get it (but you did), I will S-P-E-L-L it out for you slooooowly.

A Muslim TV producer, who was tired of how Muslims were being portrayed as honor killing wife hacking nutjobs, as crazy unreasonable people who go on murder sprees when a peice of paper is burned, as a people with a murderous lust for the nation of Israel, tried to produce and portray Muslims in a more positive light to the public.

Then .... he hacked his wife into peices.

It didn't help ... oh well.

It is a crime punishable by death to convert to Christianity in many Muslim countries ... just saying :roll:

even Christian countries in hundreds years ago and they forced many non-Christians to convert to Christianity or they will face death, especially in Spain, France and England.

in case you didn't know.... Obama has finished it by withdrawing troops from Iraq and now withdrawing from Afghanistan.

My point? Ok, since you were unable to get it (but you did), I will S-P-E-L-L it out for you slooooowly.

A Muslim TV producer, who was tired of how Muslims were being portrayed as honor killing wife hacking nutjobs, as crazy unreasonable people who go on murder sprees when a peice of paper is burned, as a people with a murderous lust for the nation of Israel, tried to produce and portray Muslims in a more positive light to the public.

Then .... he hacked his wife into peices.

It didn't help ... oh well.

I still fail to see your point

This thread is about what's happening now to American soldiers in Afghanistan.

This thread is about what's happening now to American soldiers in Afghanistan.

yes and I've already answered some posters' question about Muslims condemning violence on people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back