What is the difference between Rednecks and Hillbillies??

The hillbillies reminds me of the "The Beverly Hillbillies" television series years ago. It was a great program to watch on TV. :)

I wonder if there is "The Redneck" television series.
Beverly Hillbillies is shown on TVLand channel. ;)

You could check out, Dukes of Hazzard - it is a redneck show. :)

There are no difference between them. I know because I live in West Virginia :lol:

this topic is :crazy:

Its not a crazy topic. At least they are willing to learn, some people don't know bec they might have grown up in different parts of the country.

Beverly Hillbillies is shown on TVLand channel. ;)

You could check out, Dukes of Hazzard - it is a redneck show. :)

The Blue Collar comedy shows talks more about Rednecks.

Beverly Hillbillies is a good show. I love those old shows!!

Rednecks and Hillbillies also abuse their women, and greater chances of incest than any other group....

Rednecks and Hillbillies also abuse their women, and greater chances of incest than any other group....

Probably, very low IQ of these people. Maybe, their house is not clean. Perhaps, they have worst dirty and junky things around outside of their house.

Probably, very low IQ of these people. Maybe, their house is not clean. Perhaps, they have worst dirty and junky things around outside of their house.
How do you describe Dolly Parton? Very low IQ? I am sure the house were dirty because they did not have electric or plumbing inside of the home.

Interesting view, and stereotyping here!

I could say the same for other people that are not rednecks or hillbillies.

They're all kinds of trashy people with lack of education. Not just the above.

Some people deem the word "Redneck or Hillbilly" offensive.

Some people say they are the same some say they are not...

Please discuss.

Redneck is everywhere and hillbillies were mostly in certain area alike people who lived up in the hill or mountain just alike in Tennesse or Kentucky or somewhere alike this. They were living in poverty. It was back in old days but now I do not see hillbillies around anymore except more rednecks nowdays. ( I mean red on their neck from working outside all day everyday) Be aware of skin cancer on their necks.

How do you describe Dolly Parton? Very low IQ? I am sure the house were dirty because they did not have electric or plumbing inside of the home.

Probably, she used to be poor, and now she is very wealthy. She transformed her lifestyle from poor to rich to get away from Hillbillies and Rednecks. I think she is more involved with cowboys.

Both groups are quite different yet similar.

The rednecks are from Southeastern USA (GA, TN, NE FL, and other areas nearby).

The the hillbillies are mostly from eastern KY, Tenn, and WVA (probably more nearby).

Only rednecks are known for supporting racism.

Yup, both are under-educated! lol

Redneck is everywhere and hillbillies were mostly in certain area alike people who lived up in the hill or mountain just alike in Tennesse or Kentucky or somewhere alike this. They were living in poverty. It was back in old days but now I do not see hillbillies around anymore except more rednecks nowdays. ( I mean red on their neck from working outside all day everyday) Be aware of skin cancer on their necks.

Redneck are people who work in their cars all day until the back of their neck got sunburned.

Jeff Foxworthy

I would say Jeff is the wrong one to be asked to define between hillbillies/rednecks. He and his family lives in a very affluent suburb in Atlanta's northern suburbs, where all the rich yanks live. :)

are you kidding me, I think he is so funny because I can relate it.. One of it was using your tires for your flowerbed. My mother used to do that, except she would turn the tire inside out, cut out zig-zag ^^^
on the top, spray paint it white and she had her little flowerbed.

S-T-E-R-E-O-T-Y-P-I-N-G

Many people of proverty AND even wealthy people abuse their women, even in the Ghetto. Even sexually abuse them

Rednecks and Hillbillies are just more likely to love their children even if it result of incest.

But if you are thinking about being a small town, well that's no different than the Amish country.

Usually hillbillies have few or no teeth and some of them have lower education skills and live on the hills. Not all hillbilly live in the hills, there is some hillbillies live in the west, east as they have in their 'blood' from previous generations or relatives. They make and drink moonshine.

Rednecks have more than few teeth, some has no teeth, and often make homemade stuffs on their own. Some graduate high school, some not.

Redneck and hillbilly (varies on individuals) have different personalities. They love to drink beers, watch sports. Have junk cars and work on them.

Both use slangs, have own culture, pride, and some do play music. Some do have Confederate symbol (already discussed in another thread).

from what I've told that rednecks wears the buckle on their belt and Hillbillies use a rope as a belt. Does anyone know if that's true?

from what I've told that rednecks wears the buckle on their belt and Hillbillies use a rope as a belt. Does anyone know if that's true?

Not true, well not where I live.

Back