Do You Dream In Sound or In Silence?

Even as I type while my CI is off and that everything is quiet, I still "hear" sounds in my head. What's interesting is that if I rub something, scratch my head or type, I can "hear" those sounds like skkk-skkk-skkk, shhh-shhh-shhh, or tap-tap-tap.

even though been born deaf i have always dreams in sounds cos it a wishful thinking that one wishes to hear what it sounds like.

wow.
is there any way you can describe these sounds?
im very intrigued...

I grew up with hearing for most of my life, but had severe-profound hearing loss for 10 years. I now have bilateral CIs, but I still dream in sound. I'm also totally blind, so sound is all I really have to dream in except for texture and scents.

I grew up with hearing for most of my life, but had severe-profound hearing loss for 10 years. I now have bilateral CIs, but I still dream in sound. I'm also totally blind, so sound is all I really have to dream in except for texture and scents.

That's interesting because my dreams have reflected my vision loss over the years as well. Now I might see some colors in my dreams, but they are primarily in sounds, textures and scents.

That's interesting because my dreams have reflected my vision loss over the years as well. Now I might see some colors in my dreams, but they are primarily in sounds, textures and scents.

I have a friend who became totally blind at age 18 and she had a similar experience as you.

A late deafened friend of mine did as well, but in her case, she began to lose clarity of speech in her dreams as her hearing loss continued to decline.

Something I've noticed over the years is even though I couldn't understand speech well when I had severe-profound hearing loss, I could always hear perfectly in my dreams. Go figure. :)

silence along with taste, smell, feel and colorful powerful vivid dreams. Of course use sometime sign language or telepathy.

I never thought of this but I think I do not wear a HA in my dreams! I will have to remember to check this out tonight in my dream! I can hear fine in my dreams. I heard that blind people can see in their dreams.

I never thought of this but I think I do not wear a HA in my dreams! I will have to remember to check this out tonight in my dream! I can hear fine in my dreams. I heard that blind people can see in their dreams.

Some can, some can't. Depends on if you were born blind, if you're totally blind, and if your dreams reflect your vision in real life.

This thread is interesting!

I mostly dream in silence as far as the actual content of my dream, even as far as people in my life who in the waking world only communicate with me through text, but in my dreams, they are signing fluently. However, when I wake, I sometimes recall music that was somehow playing in the background of my dreams, but not affecting my dreams.

Sometimes in real life I can hear well enough to listen to music, which I enjoy very much, but speech makes no sense to me, and it is rarely exist in my dreams. Sometimes, I dream stressful situation I can hear people talking, I'm struggling to understand them, but I don't think I ever dream that I can understand speech. There's usually no sound in my dreams except the background music that I don't notice until I wake.

wow guys.... interesting about blind. it seems that what ever our loss be it hearing or vision is somewhat reflected in or dreams as well. keep up the good posting.

I had my first dream in sign language a few nights ago. I am hearing and my dream included a deaf friend and we were signing no sound all silent. I thought it was pretty cool :)

i dream in colour,black and white im legally blind

these days i have to have my bc headphones on to hear

my sign dreams are in bw
hearing dreams in color

I never dream with sounds - all my dreams are silent - but have lots of colour and movement! Always silent.

sometimes is in sound, sometimes its in silence. but mostly its in muffled sound... I get frustrated in my dreams too...

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

My dreams are very noisy. Lots of musical sounds combined with what dreams I have. It will continue after dreams are over.

Interesting question. I dream in sound and have perfect hearing and speech.

That is until a couple of nights ago when I had a distressing dream where I had to understand some people and no matter how often they repeated themselves, I couldn't work out what they were saying.

Back