You Nazi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please explain to me what is the Protest is about...
I got the greed part and money part.

I am trying to understand.. Guess I am behind on this one.

It initially started with just a few dozen protestors who got turned away by the police and when word got out, more people joined in. The protest is against the practices of Wall Street, economic inequality, and basically insiduous banking practices such as lack of transparency, derivatives and subprime lending which is what led to the collapse - this link is a very good illustration of how derivatives work Hidden Swap Fees by JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley Hit School Boards - Bloomberg

Essentially, the protest is about the corruption of banking and investment firms on Wall Street.

There are Jews in just about many races

True, if you are going by religion. But the hate towards Jews is predominantly ethnic based. Not religious.

Banks are corporations and owned by a many people. Because of this, their control is in the best interest of the shareholders not one ethnic group. This by itself is one of the causes of the present crisis. Because banks are in business for profit, they have created products (sometimes illegal) to generate profit and for that reason they are culpable in the crisis. However, they are not solely to blame for the crisis. The government is just as much, if not more, to blame.

As far as Bernie Madoff goes, yes, he is Jewish, but it could also be argued that he took money from Jewish people because his crime was mostly ethnic as he was a confidence man. Still, him and other Jewish men did steal billion and gave to to Jewish charities. However, Charles Ponzi was not Jewish and did the same thing.

On the whole, your statement would be more true about the entertainment industry than banks. So, no, it is not true.

Most of them there don't even know what they want. I saw a blonde "Indian" That wants "Communism"....seriously. There is a funny list I saw yesterday that pools all of their demands...It's pretty funny. I will see if I can find it.

There does seem to be alot bitching about having to pay back school loans.....well duh!

As cost of university education in US escalates, so do student loans. Currently there is $830 billion dollars in student loans. Much of it is private loans thus unregulated, thus subjected to higher interest. Guess who sold most of those private loans as asset-back securities...yep, Wall Street. The student loan bubble is just as bad as the housing bubble. And as unemployment stays at the same percentage or increases, it gets harder and harder for the student to pay back the loans, so they would opt for smaller payments per month that puts more money in the pockets of private bankers. If they can't find work, they are still obliged to repay the loan regardless and if they are forced to put off repaying, the back interest on the loan escalates like crazy and it creates a truly fundamental problem for the debt would grow at a scary rate while the student is struggling to find work.

Imagine how long it would take to pay off say a $200,000 loan that has a 19% interest rate attached to it and as a recent graduate of college, you can only afford to pay $500 a month towards paying off that debt - you're in debt for literally decades.

Jiro you're Anti Semitic !! How dare you post a question like that!!
6 millions Jewish people where killed and you question that Hitler could had been right! This thread should be locked!
People that the protest are blaming Jewish people for what happening now and that is Anti Semitic and this need to stop to right now!

Jiro you're Anti Semitic !! How dare you post a question like that!!
6 millions Jewish people where killed and you question that Hitler could had been right! This thread should be locked!
People that the protest are blaming Jewish people for what happening now and that is Anti Semitic and this need to stop to right now!

please re-read thread again carefully.

You do understand that to be Jewish can be both ethnic/racial and religious. Right?
The hatred of Jews doesn't recognize any difference. The haters and destroyers hate and try to destroy simply because Jews are Jews. Any other attempts at rationalizing or justifying their actions are merely lame attempts to cover up their true agenda.

no but it is very convincing.

makes me wonder why do protestors always use "Nazi" reference especially in this case because it's other way around.

Because there are Anti Semitic people like you around! Is not no business how rich a person is and I know a lot of Jewish people that not rich! Do you know USA is getting money from China and that we own China billions of dollars !

As cost of university education in US escalates, so do student loans. Currently there is $830 billion dollars in student loans. Much of it is private loans thus unregulated, thus subjected to higher interest. Guess who sold most of those private loans as asset-back securities...yep, Wall Street. The student loan bubble is just as bad as the housing bubble. And as unemployment stays at the same percentage or increases, it gets harder and harder for the student to pay back the loans, so they would opt for smaller payments per month that puts more money in the pockets of private bankers. If they can't find work, they are still obliged to repay the loan regardless and if they are forced to put off repaying, the back interest on the loan escalates like crazy and it creates a truly fundamental problem for the debt would grow at a scary rate while the student is struggling to find work.

And who's fault is that? They took out the loans. LOL. The could have done like me and many others and worked their way through school.

As for the bold. Duh! Welcome to the real world. If one over extends themselves they could be in real trouble. There is no job placement guarantee with a college degree.

And who's fault is that? They took out the loans. LOL. The could have done like me and many others and worked their way through school.

As for the bold. Duh! Welcome to the real world. If one over extends themselves they could be in real trouble. There is no job placement guarantee with a college degree.

How old were those people taking out those private loans? Not old enough to know better. Most of them just left home and are completely clueless about the real world. Wall Street took advantage of that.

Like I said, the cost of university education in the US is growing fast.

You could say the same thing about adults borrowing for home loans "well, duh, they could have worked and saved up their money to pay for their house instead of getting a loan, it's their fault."

Did I mention the student loan bubble which is $830 billion is bigger than the entire credit card debt of America?

It's a problem.

Because there are Anti Semitic people like you around! Is not no business how rich a person is and I know a lot of Jewish people that not rich! Do you know USA is getting money from China and that we own China billions of dollars !

ssssshhhhh.........

How old were those people taking out those private loans? Not old enough to know better. Most of them just left home and are completely clueless about the real world. Wall Street took advantage of that.

You could say the same thing about adults borrowing for home loans "well, duh, they could have worked and saved up their money to pay for their house instead of getting a loan, it's their fault."

Did I mention the student loan bubble which is $830 billion is bigger than the entire credit card debt of America?

It's a problem.

They don't have to go to school also. I didn't and I'm doing fairly well.

It's a problem.

the students cannot take loans out by themselves. in financial aids, they're not eligible for independent status until they're 24 years old. no banks would ever give out loans to college students without collateral or cosigner (typically parents)

It's a problem.

I DO say the same thing about adults borrowing for home loans. I have many times here on AD.

School loans are usualy done thru financial aid and for those young uns their parents are normally a part of that process....especially freshman year. Perhaps they should blame their parents. Either way it's not the banks fault. Consider it Life 101.

We need more doctors, engineers, mathematics, and scientists to compete globally. They need to go to school.

Not everyone who doesnt have a college degree is as lucky as you are. Most good paying jobs require degrees.

I can almost understand why someone who lives in the boondocks and has never personally met more than a 1,000 people in their entire life might believe in stereotypes.

However, Jiro, you've posted enough that I know you live and work in a large metropolitan area, travel frequently, and are a member of two minority groups yourself (Deaf and Korean-American). You really have no excuse to believe in stereotypes.

Think how many students would equate a 830 billion debt in loans. Imagine if none of them went to college. The future of America would not look very bright if only a small percentage of adults went to college because they could afford to pay for it out of pocket.

Let's be realistic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back