Afraid of needles?

• Terrified!

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • No problem

Votes: 28 29.2%
  • Don't like them, but it's no big deal

Votes: 47 49.0%

• Total voters
I've gotten 'used' to them- but I don't like them for medical purposes... however I have two Tattoos... and one is somewhat large-- did it hurt...hell yes!! but not the same as a huge 18 gauge needle for lab work!!

I tell Adam (same thing I told my patients when I was an ER Tech) "yeah it's going to hurt, I'm sticking a sharp piece of metal in your arm... but it won't be there forever--" and by the time I was done telling them that, I usually had finished drawing their blood and they were ok... Adam cries when he first gets stuck for shots but the poor kid has no body fat (he's really lean) so it's not like he has any cushion! LOL

I used to run and lock myself in the doctor's bathroom to avoid the needle and when they finally got me out I'd scream bloody murder when the stabbing came to happen. Still shake at the sight of needles >.<

My kids would hold my hand and tell me its ok when it was time for THEIR shots or immunizations. It hurt me so much to see them hurt that they wanted to comfort me. They eventually found it funny and made we wait outside for their shots and went in with me to hold my hand for my own. ha!

@ TX Golfer - Shot??? Ooooo, that must have been scary! No wonder you have no fear of needles.

I am opposite of my younger brother he freaks out of needles
needles don't bother me much cuz I am so used to the needles still I don't like them cause they pitch me.

I ain't afraid of needles as i grew up with needles all my life.... I get every two weeks self injection for my testostrone as part of my hormones for almost ten years now. I get monthly blood drawn for my monthly infusion for my bone cancer for two years now. That's why i getting used to those needles but my wife hates those needles as it gives her cringes everytime she sees those needles on hers because back in 1965, there was a meanest nurse that cannot stand her crying alot that which she has asthma that gave her dirty needle on her right cheek (butt) and became infected and the skin itself caved in permanently damaged ever since to this day and on....

Ugh, the nurses LOVE my veins. They always said "oh my goodness, you have very nice veins!" VERY easy for them to draw blood from me.

Nurses hate my veins. They're small and hard to find. So there are times when I feel like a pin cushion while they stick needles into me looking for a vein. :iough: It's especially bad when I have to stay in the hosiptal for infections or other stuff.

I HATE HATE needles. They really hurts! Most people I know says it doesn't hurt that I am being a wimp but it really does hurts to me. Maybe I am wimp?

I am scared of them cos what mum used to do to me when I was yreally oung. She take me out but she rarely tells me where she taking me and when she does I didn't understand her, then arrived to Doctors place, and she still didn't tell me and when she does I still don't understand her and I never know if I am going to get injections or not (It 50/50 chance). By that time I get one I am so tense and scared that makes it even worse. Being tense make harder for needles to get in and causes more pain.

Last time I had it was take blood, it took nurse ages to find my veins. Left arm, then left wrist, then right arm and finally found vein in my right wrist!! Nurse says I got rubbish veins.

I understand serious because reason afraid cause reason concern about to needle cause scared, people is not uncomfortable to needle because hate it. that is why reason afraid! that is not funny! serious!

Well.. On the other hand, you all had never seen this worst picture than before. Check out at:

emo-girl-25-candles-arm-04-500x332.jpg

Haha, this picture is not mine. I only had seen it on bestgore. You should not try to be looking at bestgore. It is most sick website than rotten.com.

lol lol haha of course, sick weird sites :D sick make sure sick i hate it lol :shock:

^ That's true. I've been used to look at many sick pictures since I watched too much on these horror movies.

Erm no I'm not really that terified of needles. I suppose my mum and dad taught me at a young age to watch how it is done and ask questions. Therefore as older person I am I don't really be scared of somethiog I know a bit about- if that makes sense?

I can't really say that I am, usually I just look away when I'm getting a shot and it's over pretty quick.

I'm not a fan of needles, but I can take them. When I get shots done, I try to reason with myself. I figure I could deal easily with the pain for sixty seconds, so as soon as I see the needle near my arm, I find something to focus on and start counting down from sixty. NEVER takes more than ten seconds for me to get a shot, then I'm done. I don't mind piercings, though. 5 holes all togetheer, hoping for a sixth :D

Back