Long waits are ok after all....

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
For many years, I was single. I would go out to restaurant either on my own or with family. I would get told that wait was 45, 60 minutes. We all walked out. I would not understand why someone would want to wait 45, 60 minutes. After all, a restaurant is just a restaurant.

Last Friday, my girlfriend and I went to Red Lobster. The wait was 45 minutes. We were glad to wait. I was glad to have my girlfriend's company as we waited 45 minutes. We would do it again. We entertained ourselves in middle of long wait. Granted, I did have gift cards to Red Lobster and I wanted to use it. Even if I did not have gift cards, I may still have waited regardless with my girlfriend.

It's amazing how someone's thought changes once they're not single any more.

What do you think about long waits???

Regardless of whether I am on my own or with someone, if I have to wait more than 10 minutes, then I'd move on.

A favorite seafood restaurant here....the lines can get very long awaiting a table to get it. We don't mind, becuz we know the food will be worth it. Plus, gives us time to reflect what we did or happened that day.

Having company really helps to pass the time and make a long wait seem shorter, but unless it's a restaurant I really love, I wont wait more than a half hour. Even if I am with my boyfriend.

In my area on the weekends there is always a long wait at dinner time, and all the restaurants are the same way. I prefer lunch out for this reason.

For a really special restaurant, I could wait 30 minutes. If we know it's a popular restaurant, we try to make reservations or do call aheads to get on the waiting list.

The Charleston area has one of the highest per capita ratios of restaurants, so if we don't want to wait there are plenty of others to go to. :)

We almost never go to popular large-chain restaurants unless we are invited out by other people who out-vote us. ;)

When we travel, we look for mom-and-pop local places to eat, or follow the recommendations of the locals.

In my area on the weekends there is always a long wait at dinner time, and all the restaurants are the same way. I prefer lunch out for this reason.
Lunch menu is often cheaper than dinner, too.

If there is a bar and I can get a beer to drink while I wait to be seated, then no problem. If not, then it better be a damn good restaurant. I would never wait 45 minutes for Red Lobster. I'm not sure if you could even pay me to eat there.

-TheFoodSnobAlex

I would never go out to a nice restaurant on Friday and Saturday nights. Are you crazy? Even 24 hr restaurants on weekends is a no no.

I would never go out to a nice restaurant on Friday and Saturday nights. Are you crazy? Even in 24 hr restaurants.

So lonely still DeafTim? Yeah I've been there too. Don't worry, your time will come.

I have absolutely no patience waiting to eat in a restaurant. If I have to wait for more than 10 minutes, forget it. I will drive down to one of the China Buffets in town and have hot food ready for less than half the price of Red Lobster.

BTW -The local Red Lobster here is about the size of someone's backyard shed, and the waiting times are more than 1 hour on the weekends. Service is not all that great either. We go to Crabby Dick's instead.

I have absolutely no patience waiting to eat in a restaurant. If I have to wait for more than 10 minutes, forget it. I will drive down to one of the China Buffets in town and have hot food ready for less than half the price of Red Lobster.

BTW -The local Red Lobster here is about the size of someone's backyard shed, and the waiting times are more than 1 hour on the weekends. Service is not all that great either. We go to Crabby Dick's instead.

I don't know if I could bring myself to ever eat at a placed called "Crabby Dick's"

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I am like TheWriteAlex...for me to wait a long time....*heading to the bar is a must* :)

I would wait if I remembered to bring some electronic toy. I have a short attention span.

I wouldn't mind waiting if I get to bring my own RC Helicopter!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUH808HgsmM]New Syma S026G 3ch micro Chinook Rc Helicopter w/ Built-In Gyro - YouTube[/ame]

Back