SSDI and Move another state Question

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
My friend who has SSDI and she live in Conn. And plan move to Colorado or New Mexico next year.

She asked me if her SSDI will change amount or same a monthly. I told her I do not know but though this post and maybe useful information??

No SSD (Social Security Disability) will not change because it's federal. For SSI (Social Supplementary Income)yes it would be because of cost of living by state.

My friend who has SSDI and she live in Conn. And plan move to Colorado or New Mexico next year.

She asked me if her SSDI will change amount or same a monthly. I told her I do not know but though this post and maybe useful information??

I know a lot deafs on SSDI living in Tijuana with San Diego addresses and Juarez with El Paso addresses.

Costs of living in Mexico is about 1/8 of what it costs to live in US.

Richard

i moved other state and my ssd was off alike 20 or 30.00 off, yea they will change low or high it depend on states..

No SSD (Social Security Disability) will not change because it's federal. For SSI (Social Supplementary Income)yes it would be because of cost of living by state.

well, i moved other state, and my SSD change it true...

SSDI (Social Security Disability Income) is based on your earnings and you would not get it unless you had five years productive employment - and it will increase in accordance to how long you work and how much you earn during that time. This is fixed according to federal guidelines - it will not change if you move from state to state.

SSI (Social Security Income) is based on the cost-of-living rate in the state you currently resides - and it will flucate according to the COF rate in each state. So, if you were to move to Missouri from California, it would go down at least $25.00, because the COF rate is lower in Missouri than it is in California.

thanks for the information cuz i am about to plan to move out of my state anyway

still need to check with SS office in your areas to let them know about the change of the move for the address and etc... cuz i move around 3 times in my state need to let SS office know what going on IT IS A MUST!!!!
smile

There you go. Good posting. I agree with you.

SSDI (Social Security Disability Income) is based on your earnings and you would not get it unless you had five years productive employment - and it will increase in accordance to how long you work and how much you earn during that time. This is fixed according to federal guidelines - it will not change if you move from state to state.

SSI (Social Security Income) is based on the cost-of-living rate in the state you currently resides - and it will flucate according to the COF rate in each state. So, if you were to move to Missouri from California, it would go down at least $25.00, because the COF rate is lower in Missouri than it is in California.

It's also a bit easier to have your SSI/SSDI direct deposited into a nationwide bank such as Bank of America or USBank at least a month before you move out of state - if you know way ahead of time, I would suggest doing it immediately.

Even if you do plan to stay in the state you currently reside in, it's always a good idea to have your check direct deposited into a bank - that way you do not have to worry about late mail, destroyed/missing/stolen checks, or people peeking into the envelope to see how much you're getting.

i moved other state and my ssd was off alike 20 or 30.00 off, yea they will change low or high it depend on states..

Do u work before? SSDI is for people who worked for many years while SSI is for people who does not work. SSI will increase or decrease but not SSDI, same as everywhere depend on how much they earn while they worked. My friends have SSDI moved to Fla and back, still same.

I disagree with your post. You will get SSDI when you have over 10 years of productive employment. I had SSDI for four years, starting with California. The amount was high, but eventually I moved back to Las Vegas after I graduated from SFSU, my SSDI amount was decreased a little bit (I don't remember how much). Then, I moved to PA for a job and asked SS Office to put me on Work on Trial for 9-12 months. The amount was the same as far as I remember.

But, I guess the rules of SSDI and SSI vary in different state.

I know a lot deafs on SSDI living in Tijuana with San Diego addresses and Juarez with El Paso addresses.

Richard

Yes, it happens because they can afford living in Mexico at cheap costs. I don't mind buying a huge house in Mexico while working in US. The costs of houses in US are merely bullshit. :eek2:

Living in MExico and entering US for work-- even if you are an American-- will be a PAIN IN THE BUTT with the new regulation requiring you to have a passport!

Thanks for info

Also I didn't mean in MEXICO .. I Mean that NEW MEXICO State is in between Arizona and um Nevada? :):):)

Because She wants aware about amount ssdi so look for Apartment for her and her two sons ok Seem she choice lives in Colorado because there good program Colorado school for the deaf and blind near in Colorado spring so if you knew about that and is good? If any negative and pls private e.Mail me Thanks

I prefer to get job over SSI and SSDI, I would like to take networking class.

Fuck to SSDI and SSI.

Richard

I ought to do just that, LOL...unfortunately I live about 2 1/2 hours from the border so it is not a possiblity. :laugh2:

It's also a bit easier to have your SSI/SSDI direct deposited into a nationwide bank such as Bank of America or USBank at least a month before you move out of state - if you know way ahead of time, I would suggest doing it immediately.

Even if you do plan to stay in the state you currently reside in, it's always a good idea to have your check direct deposited into a bank - that way you do not have to worry about late mail, destroyed/missing/stolen checks, or people peeking into the envelope to see how much you're getting.

That is very true. My bank is a nationwide one, so it made it very easy for me when I moved from Minnesota to Texas last april, and I didn't have to change banks!

Back