Free Sign Language classes - Paris Tn area

Reaction score
Russwood Baptist, E Antioch Rd, Springville is offering a 6 week free sign language class. Students will learn the ABC's, numbers 1-20, basic conversational sign and deaf culture.

Students are encouraged to bring paper and pen for notes, and a friend to practice signing with during the week.

Classes start Saturday Oct 13th and continue each Saturday through November 17th from 4-6pm.

For more information contact

Lisa Fielder
peachestheclown@yahoo.com
731 407 4416

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

What exactly do you mean when you say "sign language"

Is the instructor a native hoh/deaf/coda signer?

Lisa doesnt getv here too often so I will answer that she is a native hoh signer.

Bottesini said:

Lisa doesnt getv here too often so I will answer that she is a native hoh signer.

Thanks ... Just curious.
For those in the area - is it safe to assume that it would be ASL then, vs PSE/CASE etc

Thanks ... Just curious.
For those in the area - is it safe to assume that it would be ASL then, vs PSE/CASE etc

It is basic asl for new learners, and she also runs deaf socials. It is a good thing for people to get their feet wet.

It is basic asl for new learners, and she also runs deaf socials. It is a good thing for people to get their feet wet.

Thanks Bottesini, long time no hear huh? Yes, I am HOH and have signed/taught for several years, it is a basic for new beginners, deaf culture is also taught.

Back