Last Movie You Watched?

The Thing (2011)
The Thing (1982)
An American Werewolf In London
Ever see the first The Thing? It's actually The Thing Came From Outer Space.

I've seen the 1982 version, and I'm waiting to see the 2011 version.

Ever see An American Werewolf in Paris?

The Hammer (2011) Mark Hamill, ex-UFC fighter - very good movie!!!

"The Thing from Another World", yes I have. :D James Arness played "The Thing". Arness is mostly known for playing Marshall Matt Dillon on "Gunsmoke".

Carpenter's The Thing is a personal favorite of mine. The 2011 movie was great. They stayed very true to Carpenter's movie. If you watch the movies back to back, notice how the Norwegian outpost set was replicated as closely as possible. Even the bloody ax still in the wall that R.J. MacReady finds, was placed at the right height.

Yes. Found it to be rather disappointing.

Watched two awesome Korean movies called The Chaser, and The Man From Nowhere.

Hall Pass

meh, if you like stupid dirty jokes, sex obsession, you'll laugh.
I give it 2 1/2 stars.

It has it's moments, but over all - waste of time.

Fuzzy

My family and I watched Drive with Ryan Gosling last night. I did not like it. It was VERY boring! A little over 30 min and NOTHING happened. Will never watch it again.

Drive is purposely slow paced. I loved it for that reason and the lack of dialogue only made me enjoy it more. Give it another shot sometime. It's essentially a bona fide classic.

The 2011 version feels like a companion piece to Carpenter's film. I suggest watching the films back-to-back. The ending blends in directly with the 1982 version.

If I had any Thing memorabilia, I would have let John sign a poster or two but when I met him last year all I brought with me was my They Live poster

Drive is purposely slow paced. I loved it for that reason and the lack of dialogue only made me enjoy it more. Give it another shot sometime. It's essentially a bona fide classic.

*hmmm :hmm: perhaps this is one off those movies that doesn't get good until the last 30 min of the movie? I will watch again...not any time this week, but soon.

A Lonely Place to Die (2011)
Bellflower (2011)
Carjacked (2011)

A... Die: A group of five mountaineers are hiking and climbing in the Scottish Highlands when they discover a young Serbian girl buried in a small chamber in the wilderness. They become caught up in a terrifying game of cat and mouse with the kidnappers as they try to get the girl to safety

Bell - Two friends spend all their free time building flame-throwers and weapons of mass destruction in hopes that a global apocalypse will occur and clear the runway for their imaginary gang "Mother Medusa".

Car - A single mom and her child are carjacked by a bank robber.

Leap Year

Letters to Juliet.........very good.

Penguins of Madagascar: operation penguin patrol

I agree ...Letters to Juliet was a good movie

Tonight I will try to watch......The Help
The book was great and the movie has one many awards so it should be great

Sinners and Saints.
it was ok for a B-movie and only $5. the plot was thin, the acting so-so but the shootouts were rightious! i think the number of bullits fired from the guns were correct. not 57 bullets from a sixshooter without reloading like most movies :P

Watched the latest Studio Ghibli film Arrietty
images

Enjoyed it. Technically as good as ever. But it won't be my favourite film from Studio Ghibli.

Borrowing a friend's DVD. I got to see Legend of the Mountain Man. I also have Forget me Not, Wrong Game and Gerald. All from ASL films.

Back