Everything about iPhone

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
This thread is discuss about iPhone related only, you can discuss about iPhone 4, games, apps, hardware, issues, WiFi, att 3G, iTunes whatever you want and make sure it is related to iPhone.

Please be civil and no verse battle with other than iPhone, no off-topic, please. :ty:

I'm getting iPhone 4 in Aug-Sept after my Verizon contract expire and it will be my first time to use since 2008, I used had iPhone 3G but returned due no multitasking and hard to keep IM online at all time but went sign off in minutes.

I checked on iTunes and notice about there are more popular games than before like NFS Shift, MSG Touch, GTA Chinatown Wars, Asphalt 5, Street Fighter, more to say.

Interesting video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqUXdHwgsKI]YouTube - Hands on iPhone 4 and the iOS 4 (iPhone OS 4).mov[/ame]

I m very disappointed about closing my other thread of "new iPhone 4". What s wrong? Please keep discussion about iPhone.

Last edited:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx2vBwmL3J8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Last edited:
I m very disappointed about closing my other thread of "new iPhone 4". What s wrong? Please keep discussion about iPhone and some mobile.

It's getting too longer and much difficult to track for anyone. Time for old iPhone thread to be retired :)

For Netox..

If you can't afford to pay insurance coverage monthly for your ip4's screen damages.. Read THIS to see how the surgery went?!

For netox, but everyone too.. ;)

YouTube - iPhone 4 vs EVO 4G
YouTube - Iphone 4 and htc evo

Wow - there was absolutely no mention of everything that was better about the EVO vs iPhone, and there were false statements about a lot of points as well:

• Conveniently missed that the EVO has SD memory up to 32GB and comes with 8GB
  • 802.11b/g is NOT $10.00 extra
  • iPhone 4 does not have a front-facing 5 megapixel camera, it is only 0.3 megapixels (VGA)
  • "Only 6 hours" for EVO battery life is a completely false statement
  • Completely skips over 4G network, removable battery, multitasking, HD Youtube, Youtube with captions, HD TV streaming, and price - all which are better on the EVO.

At the very least, Engadget, which is an absolutely pro-iPhone site, gave an extremely well balanced view on both phones:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/25/iphone-4-or-evo-4g-which-one-should-you-get/

C'mon, the thread was closed because of this. So stop comparing other mobiles, you too Chevy57.

If you can't afford to pay insurance coverage monthly for your ip4's screen damages.. Read THIS to see how the surgery went?!

For netox, but everyone too.. ;)

video:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNM90pb-Xwk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - iPhone 4 Teardown & Screen Replacement Video Directions by DirectFix.com[/ame]

Easy to replace back panel but work hard to replace front screen

Wow - there was absolutely no mention of everything that was better about the EVO vs iPhone, and there were false statements about a lot of points as well:

• iPhone 4 does not have a front-facing 5 megapixel camera, it is only 0.3 megapixels (VGA)
  • Completely skips over 4G network, removable battery, multitasking, HD Youtube, Youtube with captions, HD TV streaming, and price - all which are better on the EVO.

At the very least, Engadget, which is an absolutely pro-iPhone site, gave an extremely well balanced view on both phones:
iPhone 4 or EVO 4G: which one should you get? -- Engadget

mircoSD is tiny and easy to lose. Otherwise, it's very slow transfer. I rather to have large memory space inside hardware and easily send via wireless to anyone.

more hours battery of EVO Dragon is when you would need to running no more than one app and remove widget and remove data usuage but left only SMS and voice, it will be much longer. Lame.

so far, I only know the biggest pro that deaf like about iPhone, it have CLOSED CAPTION that nobody can match. Unfortunately, movie with CC have few hundred listing from iTunes. None from TV shows, damnit.

C'mon, the thread was closed because of this. So stop comparing other mobiles, you too Chevy57.

Thank you, DS. I think that all of you better off other posts for comparing other mobile if getting complaint from AD users between iPhone and other mobiles.

EVO supports CC on Youtube because it supports Flash, which Apple refuses to support.

I am against Flash, always have and will NOT develop Flash even if asked by clients. Flash itself is NOT a bad thing but the fact that it's widely abused and overused and takes too much CPU made me decide that it's got to stop and I won't support Flash. I have Flash blockers on my browsers and since then, the web browsing experience is so much faster and more enjoyable.

Please no Flash on mobile. Ever. Pisses me off that google allowed Flash. If both refused, then fewer websites would be using Flash.

Wow, 1.7 million iPhones sold!

"There you have it. 600,000 pre-orders turned into 1.7 million iPhone 4 sales through this Saturday -- the Sunday transactions haven't even been tallied up yet. One more reason for Steve and company to look smug. That eclipses the 3GS' already phenomenal 1 million units sold over a weekend, and stands pretty much head and shoulders above any other launch the mobile world has yet seen. "

Apple sells 1.7 million iPhone 4s through Saturday, June 26 -- Engadget

They mostly make the money from the plans.. I wonder if AT&T has to split up some of the dividends with them.

This is how I see it is done:

$199 16gb 4g

All of them will probably have $~3-5 worth of government/regulation fees/month, so say $60 a year max / $120 in 2 years

Cheap, bare essential plan, no messaging:
$39.99 + $15 200mb plan (requires data)

Practical plan, 2gb data and 1500 messaging:
$59.99 + $25 2gb plan + $15 messaging

Heavy, everything - 2gb data, unlimited messaging, unlimited phone, tether
$69.99 + $45 2gb+thether + $20 messaging unlimited

Assume all of these are minimum at least 2 years contract, before any tax costs:

Cheapo: $199 + $1439.76 = $1638.76 in 2 years
Practical: $199 + $2524.76 = $2519.76 in 2 years
Heavy: $199 + $3359.76 = = $3558.76 in 2 years

They probably have to split some of that up with Apple.
With the rates I'm using on my (unauthorized) G1 with AT&T, I'm paying arond ~$1000 in 2 years with unlimited messaging and 2gb data.

This thread is discuss about iPhone related only, you can discuss about iPhone 4, games, apps, hardware, issues, WiFi, att 3G, iTunes whatever you want and make sure it is related to iPhone.

Please be civil and no verse battle with other than iPhone, no off-topic, please. :ty:

I'm getting iPhone 4 in Aug-Sept after my Verizon contract expire and it will be my first time to use since 2008, I used had iPhone 3G but returned due no multitasking and hard to keep IM online at all time but went sign off in minutes.

I checked on iTunes and notice about there are more popular games than before like NFS Shift, MSG Touch, GTA Chinatown Wars, Asphalt 5, Street Fighter, more to say.

I love to play GTA CTW. It's great!

Best game ever I play on iPhone

GuerrillaBob
GTA:CTW
MGS Touch
PvZ
The Simpsons
Zen Bound
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Duke Nuken 3D (old school from PC)

iPhone 4 have WiFI N.

Front-facing 5MP camera is pretty pointless for "live-cam." You have no idea how many people keep said wow picture is very clear and better ever they see from front-facing for "live-cam"

If you want 5MP for live-cam then it won't run smooth for steam thru internet.

iPhone 4 have WiFI N.

Front-facing 5MP camera is pretty pointless for "live-cam." You have no idea how many people keep said wow picture is very clear and better ever they see from front-facing for "live-cam"

If you want 5MP for live-cam then it won't run smooth for steam thru internet.

yeah, Sorenson videophone is use at 640 x 480, much same as iPhone 4's front-facing camera

Back