What's the best speed for ntouch PC on a HP Notebook?

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
Reaction score
Previously, I had my ntouch PC speed at 512 kbps, but that's netbook speeds, and my HP laptop is NOT a netbook-- it's a Notebook with a Logitech webcam installed. It's also a very large laptop, and right now the speeds are at 640 kbps, which does seem to work better, but I wanted feedback, and see what suits me the best. Any ideas?

I believe that more than 1 Mbps speed. I see that 2 Mbps or above download speed of 1080p and 1 Mbps upload speed of 720p that what Logitech webcam box saying. If you will end up below 1 Mbps upload speed, your pictures are blurry.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I wouldn't recommend you to use laptop as videophone for home. Unless it's for travel which is accept.

I wouldn't recommend you to use laptop as videophone for home. Unless it's for travel which is accept.

That's what it's for. I also use it for uploading Photobucket pictures while on the move, which is why I needed to know the best speed for it.

What does Photobucket have to do with Videophone?

Nothing. My point is that I travel so much, and usually bring my laptop with me, in case it's needed (which happens more often than not), and where I live and do my things and where I sometimes upload pictures from Ogilvie are not the same-- I can get things done a lot faster downtown than I can here. Noticed that the last time I used my laptop down there, which was very recently. I noticed that my laptop's speed was much faster compared to here. That is why I am asking about suitable speeds, so it doesn't get messed up.

Simple answer is.. Don't mess it up. Network negotiates the speed automatically. There is limits on networking some are low, some are high, that is why its best not to mess with the speed.

Back