Perceptions of Netflix captions?

Try Apple TV and PS3. I have no problem with them.

Why? I said I had very few problems with them, and that they work better than the ones for TV. Why would go buy a new TV, when mine is great, a PS3, when I already have an xbox......when I'm not even having problems with the captions and am thoroughly satisfied.

That don't make no kind of sense.

Why? I said I had very few problems with them, and that they work better than the ones for TV. Why would go buy a new TV, when mine is great, a PS3, when I already have an xbox......when I'm not even having problems with the captions and am thoroughly satisfied.

That don't make no kind of sense.

You have to pay xbox member to use online right? It's rip off. You don't needs member for ps3 or Apple TV to use Internet.

Don't make sense? Cuz you are blonde.
I never said new TV. I said Apple TV.
www.apple.com/appletv/images/buystrip_hero.png

Last edited:
I've had very few bad experiences with captions on Netflix, i don't use them for movie much, mostly TV shows and I've found that there are muuuuuuuch fewer glitches with the captions on Netflix than when it airs on tv.

If it's relevant I stream it through my xbox.

As Xbox One owner with Gold Xbox Live, I believe Netflix has some issues for long time since Xbox 360.

For better CC performance, I recommended you to try Apple TV and it doesn't have any bugs, unlike on Xbox.

As Xbox One owner with Gold Xbox Live, I believe Netflix has some issues for long time since Xbox 360.

For better CC performance, I recommended you to try Apple TV and it doesn't have any bugs, unlike on Xbox.

Let's try this one more time. I don't have problems with the captions. Why would I try to "fix" a problem I DON'T have????

Let's try this one more time. I don't have problems with the captions. Why would I try to "fix" a problem I DON'T have????

You told me that you have bad experience so I just give you a suggestion.

You told me that you have bad experience so I just give you a suggestion.
You have to read her post carefully. She said "I've had....". Had is a past tense. Therefore she had problems with it before but it's fine now.

How Netflix alienated and insulted its deaf subscribers.

The streaming video giant still can't manage to competently produce closed captions

In less than a decade, Netflix has assembled an unprecedented library of streaming film and television and organized it with a sophisticated recommendation algorithm that hooks viewers into lengthy binge-watching sessions. But for all the service's strengths, one aspect is still decidedly twentieth century: The bizarrely low standards for Netflix's closed captions, which continue to alienate subscribers who are deaf, hard of hearing, or simply have difficulty understanding dialogue.

How Netflix alienated and insulted its deaf subscribers - The Week

Like I said before, POOR WORKMANSHIP! I would blame the company who does the captioning on Netflix's streaming video.

First of all, I can tell that the captionmaker doesn't care about errors and thinks it's good enough because deaf subscribers are dumb. No, look...here we are...fighting back because we are not fu*king dumb. And STOP censoring all movies/shows because we are not children.

Second of all, Netflix is to blame, too because it fails to check the subtitles for accuracy and send the contents with bad subtitles back for correction before release date.

That's one of the reasons why I refuse to join.

A letter from Sam to Netflix:

An Open Letter to Netflix RE: Subtitles | Nerdophiles

I don't understand why she doesn't cancel her subscription. The more deaf people cancel or refuse to join, the less money Netflix collects so the company will do something about it immediately because it wants our money.

Last edited:
Interesting letter! I didn't realize that Netflix was censoring the captions. When I see, "Aww _ _ _ _". I assumed that the movie itself was bleeped out therefore the captions was copying that. But it isn't the case. Wow. Sad.

Netflix's $8 a month is attractive. Is there another option as cheap as Netflix? If so, I'll gladly switch.

Netflix's competitors are Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant (free for Prime members), Vudu, BlockBuster@Home for Dish Network customers only and so on. However, some of them may not be available on your Roku 2. If you can add an app into Roku, then it should be no problem.

Edited; An add-on for XBMC is called Mash Up to watch live TV and streaming movies (ad-free) at no charge but the problem is very slow loading and poor video quality. For more info, https://www.google.com/#q=mash+up+xbmc&revid=363658799

Last edited:
I live in Canada, and I have never noticed that the Netflix captions are bad??
I do remember a time when Netflix first came out and it didn't have captions, that was frustrating. But now that it does... I haven't noticed major errors really.

I am hard of hearing though so I do hear some of the content and maybe just have not noticed??

I live in Canada, and I have never noticed that the Netflix captions are bad??
I do remember a time when Netflix first came out and it didn't have captions, that was frustrating. But now that it does... I haven't noticed major errors really.

I am hard of hearing though so I do hear some of the content and maybe just have not noticed??
Obviously, it is improving after many people complained about it.

Last edited:
Back