Local mother starts Girl Scouts Troop for her deaf daughters

Glad to see someone has done something constructive. Last time they tried to sign me up for girl scouts the people running the place promptly threw me out.

Glad to see someone has done something constructive. Last time they tried to sign me up for girl scouts the people running the place promptly threw me out.

Really? I am old, and I was a girl scout. They have had troops for handicapped scouts for many years.

This was a long time ago. It turned out that got busted for useing the girl scout funds for their own reasons.

Really? I am old, and I was a girl scout. They have had troops for handicapped scouts for many years.

I was girl guide we had alsorts of handicapped peope it thought good to mix and it was

Huh...they didn't have any groups like that for us.
Most of the places I go I'm the only one with a problem.

The reason why I joined the brownie so I can have cookies. But I realize it was too much to work by selling people then I quiited lol two years I think

:lol: Me too, but they made me go!

That made me feel better knowing I am was not only girl hating being a Brownie . I was the only girl that was hoh and they played this stupid game , a girl would whisper a sentence in your ear and this went down the line to me and guess what ,I can't hear anyone whispering in my ear. So the girl would have to say it so I could hear and that meant so could everyone else. I got blamed for spoiling the game b/c the Brownies leaders had half a brain to not know I could not be in the game. People where so stupid about not understanding what HOH or deaf meant when I was a child. :roll:
The whole idea of the game was start off with sentence and see how it ended up after being whispered to everyone.

I hated being a Brownie that was enough for me ,I gave GS a :noway: !

I hated being browni......we went camping when I was guide the scouts in next field we were all nearly drummed out when scout leaders founds us all mixing after lights out

I was a Brownie only for a few months, I think. I don't recall how long I have been in the Brownie. Yeah, I was let go. I did not stay there long. :(

Back