gay marriage bad for businesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

netrox

Reaction score
We got Michael Steele telling the Rpeublican convention that gay marriage is bad for small businesses:

Steele said that was just an example of how the party can retool its message to appeal to young voters and minorities without sacrificing core conservative principles. Steele said he used the argument weeks ago while chatting on a flight with a college student who described herself as fiscally conservative but socially liberal on issues like gay marriage.

"Now all of a sudden I've got someone who wasn't a spouse before, that I had no responsibility for, who is now getting claimed as a spouse that I now have financial responsibility for," Steele told Republicans at the state convention in traditionally conservative Georgia. "So how do I pay for that? Who pays for that? You just cost me money."

Steele, you are black, right? Damn, I wish I could use that to argue why I should OWN you as a property! Too bad this is 2009. *sarcasm*

Michael Steele: Gay Marriage Is Bad For Small Businesses

Ugh, Steele is so intensive.

You know what's so funny? Steele doesn't even realize that he is bad mouthing marriage itself. It has NOTHING to do with gay/straight couples.

He's a blithering idiot.

Agreed, DD. I saw this on the news earlier, and my first reaction was, "Did he have his brain in gear before he opened his mouth?"

Very idiotic and total nonsense guy I ever seen, agree.

Maybe that make sense as there is bad economy right now. lol

idk...

Desperate times make people do (and say) desperate things.

We got Michael Steele telling the Rpeublican convention that gay marriage is bad for small businesses:

Steele said that was just an example of how the party can retool its message to appeal to young voters and minorities without sacrificing core conservative principles. Steele said he used the argument weeks ago while chatting on a flight with a college student who described herself as fiscally conservative but socially liberal on issues like gay marriage.

"Now all of a sudden I've got someone who wasn't a spouse before, that I had no responsibility for, who is now getting claimed as a spouse that I now have financial responsibility for," Steele told Republicans at the state convention in traditionally conservative Georgia. "So how do I pay for that? Who pays for that? You just cost me money."

Steele, you are black, right? Damn, I wish I could use that to argue why I should OWN you as a property! Too bad this is 2009. *sarcasm*

Michael Steele: Gay Marriage Is Bad For Small Businesses

He might as well say that racial equality is bad for small businesses (which would be totally ironic), womens rights are bad for small businesses and disability rights are bad for small businesses.

Republicans will do anything to justify their backwards worldview and you know what? Let them do it. They are nothing but a regional party run by hacks and pundits, most notably Rush and Newt.

Gay marriage is GOOD for the economy just like straight marriage is. It brings tourism dollars to small agencies. It brings dollars to bridal shops and groom shops. It pumps money into the local economy to have a big wedding in general.

Gay marriage should be encouraged, not discouraged in these times.

There are those who believe that 10% of the world's population (1 out of 10) are gay and there are those who don't. For the sake of the argument, let's take the top figure: 10%

Small businesses would be affected 10% (if at all) and, let's not forget, not all of the 10% get married. That 10% goes down real fast, doesn't it?

Someone mentioned the black community: I find it sad and funny that the black community will fight for civil rights unless it included others.

Not only that think of all the money that states can generate by charging for these gay marriages the same way they charge for heterosexual marriages and when someone gets a divorce the courts make money. Allowing gay marriage in all states would help stimulate the economy more. We didn't vote on heterosexual marriages, we shouldn't be voting on homosexual marriages. It should be a personal choice.

I don't believe the 10% figure promoted by gay activists. I think it's more like less than 5%. A man having a sexual experience with another man does not automatically count as "gay."

I don't believe the 10% figure promoted by gay activists. I think it's more like less than 5%. A man having a sexual experience with another man does not automatically count as "gay."

It's still a small number, especially if you figure it to the US population (300-something million), you're talking about 30 million. There's still 270 million straight people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back