Stupid Laws

I recalled that there was a strange law in a medium-sized town somewhere that they prohibit sign language or talking on the sidewalks in the town.

It was around ten years or bit less ago. Duh if that law continues or not there.

I'm sure some of them had good reasons so they had to enforce it, probably. Still it's so weird with some of those such laws for sure. lol

And, Wokamuka, before I open the URL, in some small towns in Alaska (from the days of the gold boom), it is utterly illegal to flatulate in saloons. Maria, take note! :lol:

I recalled that there was a strange law in a medium-sized town somewhere that they prohibit sign language or talking on the sidewalks in the town.

It was around ten years or bit less ago. Duh if that law continues or not there.

I'm sure some of them had good reasons so they had to enforce it, probably. Still it's so weird with some of those such laws for sure. lol

I think that was referenced in Harlan Lane's "When the Mind Hears" where a man was excited by a deaf gentleman signing that he shot him. Hence, the law.

That was Georgia, I think. I need to brush up on my Deaf History!

And, Wokamuka, before I open the URL, in some small towns in Alaska (from the days of the gold boom), it is utterly illegal to flatulate in saloons. Maria, take note! :lol:

You'll be happy to know that the article cites an Alaskan law that makes it illegal to push a moose out of a moving plane.

Maria! Do I smell you?

Tucson, Ariz.

It is illegal for women to wear pants.

Do you think anyone have seen women with pants in Tucson? :lol:

Tucson, Ariz.

It is illegal for women to wear pants.

Do you think anyone have seen women with pants in Tucson? :lol:

Hey, Seq! That would be a good job for you; work for the Tucson police giving tickets to all women who wear pants. Should keep you busy till 2021. :lol:

I remember reading some of those laws when I was at RIT.

My friends and I realized that we were breaking several laws in New York while on campus. :roll:

WTF? lol so lame

South Dakota

* It's illegal to fall asleep in a cheese factory.

Tallahassee, Fla.

One may have sexual relations with a porcupine.

Just think....someone actually had to want to have sex with a porcupine for this law to be on the books!:giggle: OUCH!!

Illinois

* It is illegal to speak English; American is the officially recognized language.

What are they teaching Americans lawyers these days? Who ever made this law certainly never made it to Harvard.

Dumb Arkansas Laws:
The Arkansas River can rise no higher than to the Main Street bridge in Little Rock.

A law provides that school teachers who bob their hair will not get a raise.

A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.

Oral sex is considered to be sodomy.

Alligators may not be kept in bathtubs.

Fayetteville:
It is illegal to kill “any living creature”.

Little Rock:
Honking one’s car horn at a sandwich shop after 9 PM is against the law.

No one may “suddenly start or stop��? their car at a McDonald’s.

Dogs may not bark after 6 PM.

Flirtation between men and women on the streets of Little Rock may result in a 30-day jail term.

It is unlawful to walk one’s cow down Main Street after 1:00 PM on Sunday.

I am sure there are others in Arkansas but that is what I pulled up from a simple Google search.

Dumb Arkansas Laws:
The Arkansas River can rise no higher than to the Main Street bridge in Little Rock.

A law provides that school teachers who bob their hair will not get a raise.

A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.

Oral sex is considered to be sodomy.

Alligators may not be kept in bathtubs.

Fayetteville:
It is illegal to kill “any living creature”.

Little Rock:
Honking one’s car horn at a sandwich shop after 9 PM is against the law.

No one may “suddenly start or stop��? their car at a McDonald’s.

Dogs may not bark after 6 PM.

Flirtation between men and women on the streets of Little Rock may result in a 30-day jail term.

It is unlawful to walk one’s cow down Main Street after 1:00 PM on Sunday.

I am sure there are others in Arkansas but that is what I pulled up from a simple Google search.

Note the part I bolded? It'd make better sense to make it against the law to hold up the line at the drive in.

I remember one driver who got mad and refused to budge in the drive in for 45 mintues at teh Mc Donald. I was afraid i'd be late to work. I got so fed up that I decided to walk in and have a manager call the cops so we could get the line moving. He moved when he saw me jump from my car and head toward the building. I was mad because I never got to eat lunch and I almost was late coming back to work.

Last edited:
Here in Minnesota:

1. In Minneapolis, Minnesota, red cars may not drive down Lake Street.

2. In St. Cloud, Minnesota, hamburgers cannot be eaten on Sunday.

3. Anywhere in Minnesota, you cannot enter Wisconsin with a chicken on your head.

4. Anywhere in Minnesota, you cannot cross any state lines with a duck on your head.

5. Anywhere in Minnesota, it is illegal to sleep naked.

6. In Virginia, Minnesota, you cannot park your elephant on Main Street.

bwahaha !!

And take notice of Wokamuka's link -- in the Federal laws:

You cannot cross state lines with wooden teeth if you are not a dentist.

... trying to think of why I'd have wooden teeth !! lol

Hey I dont make these laws, I just google them.

that's fine, I was just like WTF, can't dogs follow the law if it barked? :wtf:

I think it was probably in relation to a noise ordinance, but either way it's pretty stupid. I mean it's unlikely that I would check my watch then go stick my head out of the window into the backyard and tell Fido "Hey it's 6PM, stop barking!" and then expect him to remain quiet the duration of the night.

Back