11 reasons you should quit Facebook in 2014

People who post about their problems on a daily basis without doing anything to solve them makes me puzzled. Why would anyone constantly complain about the things on their lives on FB on a daily basis is beyond me. Once in a while a good vent can be helpful but daily or even multiple times a day?

People who post about their problems on a daily basis without doing anything to solve them makes me puzzled. Why would anyone constantly complain about the things on their lives on FB on a daily basis is beyond me. Once in a while a good vent can be helpful but daily or even multiple times a day?

it's relatively simple ... there drama queens ... some people thrive off drama and can't live without it or causing drama for other people ...

Wirelessly posted

shel90 said:

I know what you mean. The Debbie Downers , just click unsubscribe on those people.

it's relatively simple ... there drama queens ... some people thrive off drama and can't live without it or causing drama for other people ...

Just a sad and pathetic way to live. I have to figure out how to unsubscribe them.

Just a sad and pathetic way to live. I have to figure out how to unsubscribe them.

the person you want to unsubscribe to ... go to their page and where the tabs are to send a message or add them to a list over the cover photo there should be a follow/unfollow tab ... FB started that recently ... theres also the option of when you see their post in your news feed click the arrow in the upper right corner of their post and click i dont want to see so and so i think it is .. or unfollow so and so ... something like that ...

the person you want to unsubscribe to ... go to their page and where the tabs are to send a message or add them to a list over the cover photo there should be a follow/unfollow tab ... FB started that recently ... theres also the option of when you see their post in your news feed click the arrow in the upper right corner of their post and click i dont want to see so and so i think it is .. or unfollow so and so ... something like that ...

Ok..thanks! :)

I have Facebook account for business purposes only. I do not pay for advertisement. I just read earlier this morning that someone is not using facebook much anymore. A one person business who is a cook and food critic and she noticed only about 20 of her 8000 members really read what she says. And as for advertising on Facebook, they are pushing for paid advertisements now. Used to be free and businesses not liking that since it is expensive to advertise and reach very limited market only to those like your page. We do not pay for ours for that same reason. Not worth the deal and we heard many companies are pulling from Facebook! True!

I think some things that someone (I forgot who) wrote are true. FB is a business, and it does try to make a profit. It does that by selling ads on FB. Just like TV shows make a profit by showing ads on TV shows. So, it does not bother me that there are ads on FB. After all, FB is free. The people who work on it need to get paid by someone. They do not work for free!
I never heard of trying to recover a password by giving the names and phone numbers of three friends. Maybe it would happen if this person forgot his password, had the wrong email account information so FB could not email him a new password, and had the wrong phone number information so FB could not send him a new password that way. But if that happened, it is the person's fault, not FB's fault.

Another reason to delete your Facebook account is because of those "self-narcisst" people. Honestly, who wants to see a person taking selfies every single 10 minutes on their NewsFeed?

in 2013, I unfriended several of my coworkers at work due to some ongoing problems with some people reporting me for certain pics I have posted (they were funny memes poking fun at my career that I thought were harmless but guess not). Since then, it has been peaceful.

I do post on what I do but if it is something interesting like my trip to New Orleans. Otherwise, I post the funny stuff that happened in my life or the funny stuff my son says.
Nothing personal or private.

I learned some lessons the hard way since I was a newbir to all the social networking stuff when I first joined FB.

I cant quit FB because as a deaf person who grew up in a hearing family not knowing what everyone is saying, I can now know what my family is up to and feel more connected with them than ever.

On your last paragraph, I agree. That is how I learned some relatives passed away on FB. I would never wanted to be the last person to be informed than rest of my family. I find it kind of funny when I immediately called my parents right after my cousin's FB status regarding my other cousin's passing and my parents picked up the phone by thru VRS relay and said they already knew because my sister saw it on FB and called them as well. FB is like 'spreading faster than a fire'. My mother told me that she didn't like the idea of people putting information on social network for everyone else to see. She prefers to be phoned in private from family members.

Another reason to delete your Facebook account is because of those "self-narcisst" people. Honestly, who wants to see a person taking selfies every single 10 minutes on their NewsFeed?

Oh, that!!! That's so f@@king annoying. No wonder why I bought a magazine TIME that had a cover of topic "MEMEMEs." last year to read to understand what was going on with these narcisstistic society nowadays on FB.

That's seems going about it assbackwards. Why delete your account so you don't see some people's selfies, when you can just unfriend the people that are taking all the selfies.......or if you don't want to unfriend them if it's someone you think might figure it out and get offended you can always just hide them and you don't see their posts. There options where you can put someone on a restricted list and they only see posts you make with a public setting, like when you chànge profile pics or cover photos.

There are so many option on fb that can who sees what and how much, and how much you see but few people take advantage of them, and complain privacy. It makes no sense.

I wish there was filter you could put keywords in and it would block that stuff. Like I have family that I don't want to unfriend but my god they bombard my newsfeeds with propaganda. I wish I could enter "Tea Party" into a filter and if they post anything from a group with the phrase tea party in it, I won't have to see it the stupid crap :) that would be awesome.

I wish there was filter you could put keywords in and it would block that stuff. Like I have family that I don't want to unfriend but my god they bombard my newsfeeds with propaganda. I wish I could enter "Tea Party" into a filter and if they post anything from a group with the phrase tea party in it, I won't have to see it the stupid crap :) that would be awesome.

There is: How to Block Annoying Political Posts on Facebook

I haven't tried it yet, but this can be used for any topic. ;)

There is: How to Block Annoying Political Posts on Facebook

I haven't tried it yet, but this can be used for any topic. ;)

Cool, it got me thinking though. My mom and 2 of my cousins are the biggest perpetrators lol, and they share a lot of each other's stuff and most if the posts they share are from the same groups all the time. I'm going to try to see if I can just follow the link to the group and block the group. They might post new stuff from a new group every now and then but if I keep adding them to the block list I'll probably whittle the crap down :)

I've made numerous security improvements. I have one friend who doesn't allow me to see her friend list so I block her from seeing mine as well. I also have people who just want to use my friend list to further their band/company/social status, etc. I use that function to block them from it as well.

I've made numerous security improvements. I have one friend who doesn't allow me to see her friend list so I block her from seeing mine as well. I also have people who just want to use my friend list to further their band/company/social status, etc. I use that function to block them from it as well.
I block everyone from seeing my friend's list, except for mutual friendships. No exceptions.

I block everyone from seeing my friend's list, except for mutual friendships. No exceptions.

Yeah, it sucks. I don't know how to figure by set blocking friends to view my mutual friends that is shared with them. You know, because deaf world is small. Ugh.

how do you block everyone apart from friends and family...i hate fb but only way get see my grandson and play odd simple game...got list of people wanting be friends dont know them or want to...
i get some awful racist stuff and advertising it horrible

how do you block everyone apart from friends and family...i hate fb but only way get see my grandson and play odd simple game...got list of people wanting be friends dont know them or want to...
i get some awful racist stuff and advertising it horrible

You have to do each person by name, I believe. Block seems to only take one name at a time.

Back