Divorce process - what is it like?

Divorce laws DO varies from county level upward to countries, Jclarke lives outside of United States, so law is likely to be different than in Minnesota, or even from the states. I would not preach or tell Jclarke what to do, because I have no idea whats in his country laws are, so it is best for me to tell him best of luck, and hope he find peace over divorce mess is all I can do for him.

Update: No update on the progress with my divorce, still waiting at the moment, however I am still unable to contact my ex-wife, turns out ALL communication channels to her has been blocked. Nothing I can do here, except ask one question when an opportunity arise. :zzz:

Frisky Feline, I do know where she is at but not accurate though, she lives on the other side of the hometown as opposed to where I am living up north. What do you mean by "procrastinator"? :confused:

Oh thought you were eager to end the marriage with her. Guess she takes her time to take an action whenever she feels like so.

[QUOTE

Tousi, nothing but a free man.

I am not paying for the divorce to be filed, my ex-wife's problem, and she asked for it, and she will have to suffer it. I got plenty of time until the papers are shoved under my nose for me to be signed and be done with.

What if you disagree with some of the things in this paperwork.....what then?

Not knowing Australian law notwithstanding, I think you exude more confidence that is really there......best wishes

I have nothing against her, she can't get anything out of me, because we have been married only 10 months, if it was 12 months, that would have been a different story.

Mate, I am quite confused, ex-wife? How can she be your ex-wife if divorce has not finalized yet?

Just a technical term. A spouse can feel like an ex even if the divorce isn't final yet.

DHB, like AlleyCat said, it is just a technical term, I am not 'officially' divorced just yet, I have been separated for almost 14 months now.

Oh thought you were eager to end the marriage with her. Guess she takes her time to take an action whenever she feels like so.

Yes, I am eagar, but I am in no hurry, however, it is my ex that is responsible to divorce me. The issue is, I can't reach her if I have questions related to the divorce because she blocked ALL communications and I do not want to spend a cent to get a lawyer to contact on my behalf, cause it is expensive, and a waste of time.

It might be different in that he resides in Australia.
I have to be seperated for 12 months before the divorce can be filed, which I already have surpassed the 12 months mark two months, it's almost 14 months now and it is entirely up to her to file it, and I am waiting.....:zzz:

That's what I thought. Even in the US, some states have a minimum separation period. I was lucky to not to have to for mine.

hmm couple questions - does it really matter if you have divorce on paper if you are in another country? why are you even in aussy now if ex is in usa?

maybe you need a freind or AD'er to check up on her and ask for papers to mail it to you.

hmm couple questions - does it really matter if you have divorce on paper if you are in another country? why are you even in aussy now if ex is in usa?

maybe you need a freind or AD'er to check up on her and ask for papers to mail it to you.

JClarke is an Aussie from and since birth and I believe she is, too. Whatever made you think she's in the USA?

JClarke is an Aussie from and since birth and I believe she is, too. Whatever made you think she's in the USA?
My ex-wife lives in the same city as I am, here in Australia.

That's what I thought. Even in the US, some states have a minimum separation period. I was lucky to not to have to for mine.

Have to wait at least a year in NC before filing for divorce and be separated from the other person for the year. Its been that way for ages but I heard awhile back that NC lawmakers are trying to up it to 2 years and mandatory marriage counseling for so many sessions before a divorce can be filed.

a marriage is over why suffer get over and done with start new life

Have to wait at least a year in NC before filing for divorce and be separated from the other person for the year. Its been that way for ages but I heard awhile back that NC lawmakers are trying to up it to 2 years and mandatory marriage counseling for so many sessions before a divorce can be filed.

I've heard that too. I think the courts want you to really be sure you want this divorce, but IMO if you're sure, that's just prolonging the inevitable. Hard to move on with life when you have to go through all that. But then again I also have heard of couples reconciling because of this.

a marriage is over why suffer get over and done with start new life
I am starting new life very soon, I can't say it here though.
Just have to wait for the papers - :zzz:

I've heard that too. I think the courts want you to really be sure you want this divorce, but IMO if you're sure, that's just prolonging the inevitable. Hard to move on with life when you have to go through all that. But then again I also have heard of couples reconciling because of this.

I had to wait a year living separately from my ex before we could file but we ended up putting it off for another year. We were both too lazy and in no hurry. Divorce costs $$$ so that was a big factor. It probably would have been put off for more years but he was dating this girl and she wanted him to be "free" so she put the pressure on him. I was just going lalalalalalala with dating different men to get the experience of being single.

I had to wait a year living separately from my ex before we could file but we ended up putting it off for another year. We were both too lazy and in no hurry. Divorce costs $$$ so that was a big factor. It probably would have been put off for more years but he was dating this girl and she wanted him to be "free" so she put the pressure on him. I was just going lalalalalalala with dating different men to get the experience of being single.

Not always. Mine was a simple uncontested divorce with no kids or no real property to split up it was $255 plus court costs.

Back