Bad News:

My thoughts are with you and your family. Wishing your dad a speedy recovery.

I'm glad that your Dad has flown home last Friday so he could be near you and the rest of the family. My prayers goes up to your Dad and the rest of you and your family. It was good to see you in person. Hope you enjoyed my peanut butter cookies:) My heart goes to you all...hugs!

Cheri, I'm sorry that your father is so ill. I'll keep ya'll in my thoughts. I hope that your spirits will remain strong and hopeful.

Cheri, I am sorry about your dad. I hope he will make a speedy recovery back to good health. Be strong and be there for your dad. He will need his family around him. :hug:

Cheri, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. My prayers and thoughts to you and your family. It will be a long recovery for your dad.

Do think positive and be strong, you can get Stroke Foundation (I'm not sure if USA have one, as Stroke Foundation support is from New Zealand) provides information and support to people with a stroke, their family. So they can help your dad out and family too. This what my family had when my Grandfather had stroke, it was very helpful for Grandfather and family.

:grouphug:

:hug: Cheri. I wish all the best to you, your family and especially your dad. May he recover quickly!

I am so sorry to hear of this, Cheri. Just hang in there and be with your family. :grouphug:

Cheri, my dad had several strokes which led them to kind out he had some serious heart problems. They found and fixed the issues with his heart and due to the strokes he had some memory issues which did get better over time. He couldn't work anymore but was back to his old self within a year or so. He had really bad trouble understanding people right at first as well. A lot of times, til he died, he would still have issues trying to say what was in his head but he couldn't get it out the way he wanted it to sound. He would get so frustrated because his thoughts were good he just couldn't get his mouth to say the right things. He died of a brain aneurysm last year but I don't think it was to do with anything related to the strokes he had 3 years before. I think he died from it because he willed it that way. He missed my mom, had found her actually, we had buried my brother in '96 and on top of everything the stuff he saw when he was in the Viet-Nam war, I just honestly think he gave up and didn't want to live anymore. It sounds to me that your dad has a huge and very loving web of friends and family to support him in his fight to get better, I'm sure he will be just fine, but as was said earlier please remember to take care of yourself, eat and sleep and do what you need to do for you because what good would it do your dad if he was worried about you all the time instead of him trying to fight and get himself better? Help him by keeping yourself well cared for and it will make the strength he needs to get better even stronger. You and your dad will often be in my thoughts, and I wish you very well,
Steph

I'm sorry to hear about your father, Cheri.

It's not a easy thing to do to watch your loved ones to go through this but as given as much of what life has to offer, hang in there and do the best as you can do.

I am so sorry to hear about your dad's stroke. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :hug:

Sorry to hear about your father...hang in there Cheri, I hope your father gets better and well soon.

I am sorry to hear about your dad. But, I also want to say that people can recover from strokes. I see several people who are recovering from strokes. It is a slow process, but at least your dad is still with you.

Your dad, you, and your family are in my prayer thought.

I'm sorry about him, Cheri. :(:hug:

my god Cheri i am so sorry and he is in my prayers so are your family hugs
i am so speechless and I am shocked as well.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your dad, and the family. I most certainly hope that he makes it through this as good as he ever was. Your dad is a very good guy and the positive attitude around him will help him to recover. Good Luck!

Back